The three reasons Rangers fans have fallen out of love with the Scotland national team

Did we boo him for the team he played for? Or because he had a shite game?

again no one can explain why Ryan Jack among several Rangers players have been booed and especially when they have barely been on the pitch or even having their name read out

I take it you don’t know?

We've had filth directors in the past in the sellik end at Hampden supporting the roi against Scotland.

You might think it's tragic.

I reckon it's reality.

Now in the present day, what's tragic is that the SFA is full of like minded ne'erdowells, running Scottish football into the ground.

Other than a 'shettleston' why would any Scottish person support them.
Perhaps you could ask Walter Smith or Ally McCoist - both big Scotland supporters.

I'm completely ambivalent to Scotland these days, have been for year, however, my overall disdain of modern day football is at an all time high.
Something is chronically broken, that team/fan/love/relationship.
I'd rather watch something else than Scotland encouraging me.
If Scotland lost all 3 Euro games 5 nil, I wouldn't give a single hoot.
That said, I love the Euro's and World Cup as an overall spectacle, fascinating, you can dig so deep into it, the teams, players, histrionics.
If Scotland does well, good on them, but my primary focus is #56.

I'm completely ambivalent to Scotland these days, have been for year, however, my overall disdain of modern day football is at an all time high.
Something is chronically broken, that team/fan/love/relationship.
I'd rather watch something else than Scotland encouraging me.
If Scotland lost all 3 Euro games 5 nil, I wouldn't give a single hoot.
That said, I love the Euro's and World Cup as an overall spectacle, fascinating, you can dig so deep into it, the teams, players, histrionics.
If Scotland does well, good on them, but my primary focus is #56.
I
I usually prefer the Euros to the World Cup.

Name an instance when Rangers fans booed one of our own players? Booing opposition I get or are you conflating the two to try and make some point that isn’t working?
Lee McCulloch was boo'd at Ibrox.

The players collectively have been boo'd at Ibrox in recent times.

I used to love Wembley weekenders too, however I will never stand amongst those pricks who think they are MORE Scottish than me and hijacked the flag of my country.

He was never forgiven for that penalty miss and I was at the game he was booed. He was neither up nor down performance wise that game but received a horrendous hospital pass which he couldn’t control and the booing took off from there.
The Tartan Army needed a villain, a bit like England with Beckham. Tragic.

There's only one really - they've always been average heading towards good but for about 20 years now they've been bad heading towards average. Our qualification record spells that out. It's easy for us to 'turn our back on them' when they aren't doing well. If we were a good team, I'm guessing 90% of those without interest would have it. I think any comments saying opposite are false.

Nationalism/Bigotry
Nationalism/Bigotry
Nationalism/Bigotry

That is your reasons, but we can’t give our country up to this nonsense.

There needs to be more Rangers players in the team in the coming years and a cull at the SFA wouldn't go amiss. I'd like to think the youngest of Rangers fans can now grow up watching a Scotland team dominated by our talent. The nation will have no choice but to cheer our heroes and the media forced to report it too. For now we can watch the start of a new era with Patterson and Gilmour having a Scotland built around their talent. I'm finding it difficult to care at all about the national team anymore but it can change as we go from strength to strength.

I'm starting off the Euro's with a bet on the Czechs. :shh:

Its difficult to disassociate the numerous Yes flags at Scotland games and the booing of Rangers players, two issues which the SFA have deliberately refused to condemn. Supporting the nation should be for everyone, and politics put aside, but the SFA clearly have no interest in seeking that aim.
And me ending up in fisticuffs, because of that, with these TA wankers on at least four occasions. Outnumbered, as I live in England, and travelled on my own, thought %^*& that and %^*& my so called country men.
My English friends never ever had a grievance with me, even though we had a lot of serious banter before that! Never got to fisticuffs! (handbags)

I don’t understand national pride at all.

because of the place you were born, which is just a chunk of land someone decided to spilt up for tax or ownership purposes way back when we should feel some affiliation?

I have very little in common with a huge chunk of the population here and I’d move abroad in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for my family.

Decent countryside, shit weather and over 1m absolUte fannies.

Booed for shite performance not for the team they played for

again trying to quantify one with the other to justify tranny army booing Rangers players isn’t working
Can you advise where in my post I am justifying anything? Thanks.

You asked a specific question, I gave you the answer.

It’s our fucking country as well. As in all other spheres of life, time we started taking it back.

Finding pieces like the above a real pity party.
Absolutely should be taking it back, the saltire too should be taken back and taken to games along with the union flag.

4 reasons.
He forgot to mention they’ve been shite for 30 years.
Think that is the real reason.

But most folks don’t want to be classed as glory hunters so find all sorts of excuses not to be bothered

I saw a video last night “ the tartan army booo gstq”..... flying high was a Catalonian flag in the stand. I thought we had to leave politics out of football?.

Back