The three types of Rangers fan

I think a realist can look back at that game and see that Rangers controlled it from start to finish and but for some poor officiating, should have won it comfortably whilst also noting that we still have much about our team and our mentality to work on.
I am gutted but as a Rangers supporter, I can take a deep breath and appreciate that the players actually played very well and in the grand scheme of things, should at least be able to focus on a barrel load of positives if not goals.

What would we all feel like having lost and been on the end of a football lesson?

A post that truly reflects today's events.

We cannot let the heads go down - huge game on Thursday that we have to be 100% ready for.

I think a realist can look back at that game and see that Rangers controlled it from start to finish and but for some poor officiating, should have won it comfortably whilst also noting that we still have much about our team and our mentality to work on.
I am gutted but as a Rangers supporter, I can take a deep breath and appreciate that the players actually played very well and in the grand scheme of things, should at least be able to focus on a barrel load of positives if not goals.

What would we all feel like having lost and been on the end of a football lesson?
Said the same on another thread - too many drama queens on here tonight.

Boy got on our supporters bus at full time and said oh well you may as well start on me now as I had 200 quid on celtic to win, bit of an argument followed, is it just me, but we've just had our hearts ripped apart again and he's happy as he had money on them to win, no Rangers fan in my opinion would do that and I told him so.

He should be banned from your bus.

I'm usually pessimistic but after seeing we were wonderful ,and we're going to do them at the scumhut ,and 55 is coming, I'm as happy as a sandboy.Oooooooooh zippedeedoodaaaa.

Totally scunnered tonight but not disheartened, Getting over the winning line can come with a wee stroke of luck, we didn’t get that today.

Boy got on our supporters bus at full time and said oh well you may as well start on me now as I had 200 quid on celtic to win, bit of an argument followed, is it just me, but we've just had our hearts ripped apart again and he's happy as he had money on them to win, no Rangers fan in my opinion would do that and I told him so.

the point is, if he would rather lose his £200 then why question his loyalty. Did he want them to win? if so thats different.

At least he is going home feeling shit but the bookies have doubled his money.

I put on a £10 for them to win with a return of £16.90

I did this as I never win. Put my winnings on wolves to win when it was 2-2, 10 mins to go.

Not about the money, just a comfort, which it was not.

Bastard wish I put £200 on them, to replace the TV i throw a christmas stocking at with a weans toy inside. TV gubbed

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same. And there would be no point in having message boards.

The fuds that tell others how they should be thinking / feeling are the ones that annoy me.

Always considered myself an optimist and even though I thought we played well today in fact better than I expected,I have sunk to a real dark pessimistic state of mind hope I pick up before the Killie game.

not the point, they did today and won the cup

Yes they did, but luck was their side.

Feckin' sick of all this pish about how we're not mentally strong but somehow they are - we pummelled them for 90 minutes and had 10 shots on goal to their one.

I'd be much more concerned if those stats were reversed.

Yes they did, but luck was their side.

Feckin' sick of all this pish about how we're not mentally strong but somehow they are - we pummelled them for 90 minutes and had 10 shots on goal to their one.

I'd be much more concerned if those stats were reversed.

i would not if we won.

our mentality was lacking in midweek and again today. If you are happy rewarding that then fine. You will be waiting a long time for success.

i would not if we won.

our mentality was lacking in midweek and again today. If you are happy rewarding that then fine. You will be waiting a long time for success.
I suggest you listen to our mangers opinion on the game today - he said "on the evidence of today, our day will come".

I believe him - I've been supporting this team through its ups and downs for over 50 years so I'm prepared to wait another 6 months ;)

I'm fairly loyal and staunch. I'm not excitable, and can fully understand where we were, and the problems we've faced.

But I'm also sick of looking miles off a trophy. It's not greed, or arrogance. It's time we had a squad who can self motivate and stop seeing bad omens everywhere.

I'm a realist, we should have beaten them today with the chances and possession we had. Just need to suck it up..I'm gutted and so disappointed but I still love our players and behind them . That mob were tank rotten and they got away with it today.

The eternal optomist: Will avoid the board tonight then be on tomorrow or Tuesday pointing out how we totally controlled the game and have a great chance of winning the league.

The eternal pessimist: will be all doom and gloom and conceding everything at the minute.

The realist: I would consider myself in this camp. We are a good team that has came on leaps and bounds but it's hard to see us winning the league this year.
Place yourself in group two

I’ll openly admit I’m the eternal pessimist but unfortunately the team have not done anything in recent years to dispel my pessimism.

Wish we were playing them again tomorrow.

We're a bloody good team but we're our own worst enemy far too often, and it's getting very costly.

What about the Rangers supporters that want to run into the dressing room drag the team out and rub there noses in dog shit cause that's better than watching them lording it up

The eternal optomist: Will avoid the board tonight then be on tomorrow or Tuesday pointing out how we totally controlled the game and have a great chance of winning the league.

The eternal pessimist: will be all doom and gloom and conceding everything at the minute.

The realist: I would consider myself in this camp. We are a good team that has came on leaps and bounds but it's hard to see us winning the league this year.
Would make Ceptic favourites for the league simply because they have many in the team who are used to winning things. In head to head games the evidence of the last 4 old firm games says to me that when we are near our best we are better than them.

Last year I felt the balance wasn't quite right in midfield. This year it is much better although could always do with more goal threat. For me the focus has moved onto the defence more this year where we need at least one center back who is a step above what we have at the moment.

Back