The Thumb - "we've still got the better squad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
Leigh Griffiths adamant Celtic have a better squad than Rangers and insists no Ibrox stars would make Hoops 11.

The striker wasn't having the bravado from former Ibrox chairman Dave King.

Leigh Griffiths believes Celtic still have a better squad than Rangers and says he wouldn’t swap ANY Hoops player for Ibrox stars.

The Parkhead striker - who is back fit for their Premiership clash with St Johnstone on Sunday - is convinced that Neil Lennon’s men are still the best in the country.

Celtic are currently 11 points behind Rangers in the Premiership table and have won just two of their last 10 games in all competitions.

They’ve lost four goals in each of their last three Europa League ties - and were knocked out of the Betfred Cup by Ross County in Glasgow a week ago.

But Griffiths has total faith in his team-mates and expects them to quickly turn their season around.

When asked if he believed Celtic still had the best squad in Scotland, he said: “One million percent.

“I wouldn’t change anybody in our changing room for anyone else in Scotland.

“That’s my view on it and I think everybody else in here would feel the exact same way.

“But we need the results to start talking and hopefully that starts on Sunday.”

On Friday, ex-Rangers chairman Dave King boasted that Rangers’ pool of players is now valued at around £200 million.

He also claimed that Steven Gerrard’s side can win the title this season to stop Celtic’s bid for 10-in-a-row - before enjoying a sustained run of success.

But Griffiths says it would be foolish of anyone to write Lennon’s side off.

He said: “Listen, they can talk however they like. We keep everything in house.

“We know what we’re all about and if we keep doing our job, working hard in training, results will turn for us.

“We don’t listen to outside noise, it’s about what we do.

“And we want three points against St Johnstone on Sunday before moving on.”

King in bigging up Rangers shocker..

Just think that with the season less than half way through, nothing won and the memories of collapses after very promising signs over the past 2 years that this interview was ill timed.

Stuff like that can only give motivation to the other lot.

Not being negative but realistic one slip up from us and its very much game on in the League. Know I'd feel the same if roles were reversed

Aye Leigh, sure ... Spud - Gun of the East Side, utter trainspotter. Off you go, chase the next line fanny baws lmao.

Just think that with the season less than half way through, nothing won and the memories of collapses after very promising signs over the past 2 years that this interview was ill timed.

Stuff like that can only give motivation to the other lot.

Not being negative but realistic one slip up from us and its very much game on in the League. Know I'd feel the same if roles were reversed
Yeah totally understand mate, and agree a bit with you too.. Its just nice timing from King, gets theses bigoted cretins seething, which is always nice

Oh dear. What a bitter little man.
Let the jakeball keep talking like that. If he's right, and the rest of his team really think as he does, we've already won this league.
They are clearly still in the denial phase (perpetual denial on some issues). I think the next phase is anger. Lock up your sharks folks!

This comes from a guy who can’t get a game in the worst performing Ra Sellick team in at least 10 years because he refuses to get properly fit.

Right you are thumb, go and crawl back down the hole you came from

The guy's a ned but what do people expect him to say in response to the question?
He isn't exactly going to come out with " I wish we had McGregor in goal, our centre halfs are pish and I wish we had at least 2 of Rangers midfielders to run the show"?
Sadly for us the bad run of form has come in cup competitions and the league is still too close for this bear to get carried away.

Spot on, King has just given the Scum ammunition to shoot us down with.

As soon as we saw King had been giving interviews we knew it was going to give them something to cling to.

His comments could have been a lot worse to be fair, but the timing was still terrible.

Hopefully the manager has used his relationship with him to tell him any comments like that are extremely unhelpful.

“We keep everything in house”

Well, you do keep a lot in house and have done for a very long time. But not everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back