The Thumb - "we've still got the better squad"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtic could have the Bayern Munich squad and it wouldn't matter because Lennon would find a way to make an arse of it.

That's why its totally futile talking about squad quality. Their squad is far better than their results have shown, because they are managed by a third rate tactically inept dinosaur. And by the sounds of it, he's not moving.

It doesn't matter what King said, it's the same every game now.

Our team have won nothing.
We need to prove we can win after December.
Sellick are a team of winners.
Sellick always get results.
Delete this thread because you'll jinx it.

I don't get what people are struggling with.
Manager, coaches, training, tactics, fitness, goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, forwards, teamwork, desire and the league table.

We are better in every department.

I'm guessing, like me, you aren't really seeing what it is about the filth we're meant to be worried about?

I get why folk are apprehensive, we’ve had so many kicks in the chuckies the past decade, I don’t get the unbridled fear of them, though, if we’d started the season the same as they have I doubt very much they’d be scared of us.

In the King interview he actually says that he thinks Celtic are better than they have been playing, I’ve no idea what it is that people are moaning about.

These are the comments from a club in a downwards spiral.

Even their biggest moon howlers would see through his crap considering he hasn't been able to get himself fit all season.

I try and not expend much effort thinking about the views of Celtic players but seriously, %^*& that guy.

He’ll be found in some entry in Leith with a needle sticking out his arm in a few years. Odious waste of skin.

What did he say that was so controversial? Even their fans who are usually frothing at the mouth whenever King speaks haven’t took their usual offence, no idea what hes supposed to have said or done wrong

Why do you wish DK kept his mouth shut?

Last season is why. We havent been beat yet, and if we do, it will be about how we react, thats the only thing im worried about. Its slightly embarrassing also if im being honest talking about potential succesive titles when we're trying get our first for 10 years.

Leigh Griffiths adamant Celtic have a better squad than Rangers and insists no Ibrox stars would make Hoops 11.

The striker wasn't having the bravado from former Ibrox chairman Dave King.

Leigh Griffiths believes Celtic still have a better squad than Rangers and says he wouldn’t swap ANY Hoops player for Ibrox stars.

The Parkhead striker - who is back fit for their Premiership clash with St Johnstone on Sunday - is convinced that Neil Lennon’s men are still the best in the country.

Celtic are currently 11 points behind Rangers in the Premiership table and have won just two of their last 10 games in all competitions.

They’ve lost four goals in each of their last three Europa League ties - and were knocked out of the Betfred Cup by Ross County in Glasgow a week ago.

But Griffiths has total faith in his team-mates and expects them to quickly turn their season around.

When asked if he believed Celtic still had the best squad in Scotland, he said: “One million percent.

“I wouldn’t change anybody in our changing room for anyone else in Scotland.

“That’s my view on it and I think everybody else in here would feel the exact same way.

“But we need the results to start talking and hopefully that starts on Sunday.”

On Friday, ex-Rangers chairman Dave King boasted that Rangers’ pool of players is now valued at around £200 million.

He also claimed that Steven Gerrard’s side can win the title this season to stop Celtic’s bid for 10-in-a-row - before enjoying a sustained run of success.

But Griffiths says it would be foolish of anyone to write Lennon’s side off.

He said: “Listen, they can talk however they like. We keep everything in house.

“We know what we’re all about and if we keep doing our job, working hard in training, results will turn for us.

“We don’t listen to outside noise, it’s about what we do.

“And we want three points against St Johnstone on Sunday before moving on.”
Just say no, kids.

Last season is why. We havent been beat yet, and if we do, it will be about how we react, thats the only thing im worried about. Its slightly embarrassing also if im being honest talking about potential succesive titles when we're trying get our first for 10 years.

He says in the interview that Celtic can play much better than they’ve shown.

What is the part that he shouldn’t have said? It all seemed pretty tame to me, even their fans who usually get triggered beyond belief at his every utterance haven’t made their usual song and dance about what he said.

The ironic thing is Griffiths himself highlights the difference between the squads.

We are into December and Griffiths has yet to play 90mins for them, not because he is injured but because he is a overweight, unfit, unprofessional coke addict.

Gerrard simply wouldn't have a player like him in our squad.

What’s he supposed to say to be fair it’s done our cycle is over ? Despise him but I’m not sure what’s expected

I hate the kunt but he is hardly going to say he would swap Kamara for Brown etc..
1 million % is exactly the type of low life response you would expect from him.

I never realised that thumbheid was such an authority on football, I am overwhelmed by his superior knowledge and bow at his feet.
Do one you junkie prick

Gary Keown in The Mail on Sunday describes Scott Brown’s Celtic TV piece after Ross County:

‘Dead eyes, duller script. Like an ISIS hostage video with sponsorship chucked in’ :D

Leigh Griffiths- racist, junkie, uneducated and classless tramp.

Ignore the wee washed up pile of shite and it won't be long until he's in the lower leagues scraping a living together.

If it wasn't for the fact big Peter the dictator pulls the strings in the SFA this excuse of a human would be banned from the game for a long time due to his off field habits.

He keeps good company in his gaffer and the 2 of them play the victim card as per Celtic FC protocol very well.

Our back 5 would walk straight in to their team for ko. Every stat would more than back this. Ajer is the only one who I think would be good in a better team.

how can someone even on smack even suggest that mcgregor isn’t as good as Bain or barkas

We keep everything in house but I will tell the nation in this interview we have the best squad in Scotland and not one player would get in it from any other team.

It’s this arrogant delusion that sees them exactly where they are right now, from top to bottom they think they’re ultimately too good to fail. Sleepwalking right off a cliff. Even their supporters can see it.

I do tend to agree that on this occassion Dave King should have held fire and said nothing. Dont see any point in giving those numpties any type of motivation. As the gaffer and co are doing, just keep doing the right things and come end of the season we can give it pure laldy and work it right up them all we like.

They seem to be ignoring the fact that their recruitment has been mostly shocking since the end of Rodgers first season. They have since lost most of their top performers from that season and the ones that remain are generally older, slower or unfit.

I'll go against the grain and say they probably have a few players who a would take place of ours. However, the sum total of their parts is significantly less. They are managed in such a way that each individual is far less productive in the unit. Lennon must stay.

Hate the wee scrote but wish King had kept his mouth shut
Same. Gerrard has been quietly keeping our momentum going under the radar almost, while the scum have imploded. King has unnecessarily generated headlines the manager wouldn't have wanted. That said, I think the manager will have the players well aware to ignore that stuff. Thumbheed has also set himself up for a fall with his pish.

Leigh Griffiths adamant Celtic have a better squad than Rangers and insists no Ibrox stars would make Hoops 11.

The striker wasn't having the bravado from former Ibrox chairman Dave King.

Leigh Griffiths believes Celtic still have a better squad than Rangers and says he wouldn’t swap ANY Hoops player for Ibrox stars.

The Parkhead striker - who is back fit for their Premiership clash with St Johnstone on Sunday - is convinced that Neil Lennon’s men are still the best in the country.

Celtic are currently 11 points behind Rangers in the Premiership table and have won just two of their last 10 games in all competitions.

They’ve lost four goals in each of their last three Europa League ties - and were knocked out of the Betfred Cup by Ross County in Glasgow a week ago.

But Griffiths has total faith in his team-mates and expects them to quickly turn their season around.

When asked if he believed Celtic still had the best squad in Scotland, he said: “One million percent.

“I wouldn’t change anybody in our changing room for anyone else in Scotland.

“That’s my view on it and I think everybody else in here would feel the exact same way.

“But we need the results to start talking and hopefully that starts on Sunday.”

On Friday, ex-Rangers chairman Dave King boasted that Rangers’ pool of players is now valued at around £200 million.

He also claimed that Steven Gerrard’s side can win the title this season to stop Celtic’s bid for 10-in-a-row - before enjoying a sustained run of success.

But Griffiths says it would be foolish of anyone to write Lennon’s side off.

He said: “Listen, they can talk however they like. We keep everything in house.

“We know what we’re all about and if we keep doing our job, working hard in training, results will turn for us.

“We don’t listen to outside noise, it’s about what we do.

“And we want three points against St Johnstone on Sunday before moving on.”

"We know what we’re all about and if we keep doing our job, WORKING HARD IN TRAINING, results will turn for us."

This is from the c*nt who has been unable to get himself fit since turning up out of shape in July.

I'll go against the grain and say they probably have a few players who a would take place of ours. However, the sum total of their parts is significantly less. They are managed in such a way that each individual is far less productive in the unit. Lennon must stay.
Who!? In previous seasons, maybe I'd have said one or two but this season so far not a single one would make our starting 11.

Same. Gerrard has been quietly keeping our momentum going under the radar almost, while the scum have imploded. King has unnecessarily generated headlines the manager wouldn't have wanted. That said, I think the manager will have the players well aware to ignore that stuff. Thumbheed has also set himself up for a fall with his pish.
I think guys like your good self are saving up excuses for when we inevitably drop some points.
" It wiz aw King's fault" type of stuff.
It's really quite pathetic.

What really rubs me up the wrong way is anytime anybody associated with Rangers says something, or we celebrate a win it is turned against us with headlines that we are "celebrating like we had won the European Cup." Sutton, Griffiths, Record, Sun all come out with this shit. When they say or have a big win it is called a rallying cry or putting down a marker. You just know that journalists already have the headlines written for the next time they have a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back