The Tone After The Win

Bro989

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

As SG said, we can be better, will they?

Smokey bear65

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

This! They looked feckin deflated during the whole game

BN94

Of course job done and onto the next one, but I’ll think about that tomorrow. Tonight I’ll be opening a few bottles and fall asleep face down in my Madras.. That’s what happened the last time and I woke up with the dog licking my face.
It’s been a good day bears. We fuckin bossed them. Enjoy!

BarcaBlue72

Made it look easy today and thats what mattered. Been a long time since we’ve been comfortable before a game then strolled it. Need to do this the rest of the season

CaptainCourageous

Gerrard has probably learned from the 29th December 2019. Although it's good to see the celebrations that day, now is a time for cool and composed heads.

This is when we need our managers experience along with the likes of McGregor, Davis, Defoe.

Nothing has been won but it's advantage Rangers. We don't give them a sniff.

The Harbour Master

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

It’s 3 points and we move on. Simple as that.
This.
Beating them should not longer be seen as a huge achievement. We should expect to beat them time and again. The time for celebrating is in May.

Bluethruandthru

I meant the calm business done walk off today compared to January.

The crowd ups the ante.

The ONLY relevance of no crowd today is the absence of that poisonous pressure pot the screaming hoards like to call "the best atmosphere in the world".

Hence the efforts the tarriers made FOR MONTHS to make it happen. Clearly the lack of this allows the referee the breathing space to make the decisions he's paid to do. And guess what their all conquering team are found out

Fitzy

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

If that's what you believe..............Carry on.

You'd have been happier with a defeat so you could have posted a 'I told you so' thread.

zammo

The ONLY relevance of no crowd today is the absence of that poisonous pressure pot the screaming hoards like to call "the best atmosphere in the world".

Hence the efforts the tarriers made FOR MONTHS to make it happen. Clearly the lack of this allows the referee the breathing space to make the decisions he's paid to do. And guess what their all conquering team are found out

I agree.

Gerrard's roar to camera back in January was a reaction to that poisonous atmosphere.

BF79

This ^^^

the fact we made it look routine then we just move on makes it so much sweeter, and will have more of a psychological impact on them
Professional job all round

Dennistounbear45

Completely different situation from last game at the piggery.

For one last one was the first time we had won at the BJK camp for the first time in 9 years.

Second doing it in front of 60000 frothing tarriers makes it that little bit sweeter

Cambuslangger

We had a wee bit of luck with their chance just after we scored but other than that solid show and not even at our best. However I looked at our bench and thought WOW! The squad quality is now where it needs to be. Let's go!

Carlton The Bear

I think it actually hurt the Tims a tad more, knowing we played them off the park and once the whistle went we didn’t overdo it like we’d just won the league.

It shows them we mean business and beating them is just part of the job we need to do, not the be all and end all.

TheFridge

I disagree, we were right to celebrate the way we did the last two that we won. One of them was our first win against them in nearly 7 years and the other was the first win at their stadium in nearly 9. After what we have went through they absolutely were milestones.

Absolutely understandable to go on the way we did and it probably impacted us going forward. Now its strictly business

baza239

Official Ticketer
Of course job done and onto the next one, but I’ll think about that tomorrow. Tonight I’ll be opening a few bottles and fall asleep face down in my Madras.. That’s what happened the last time and I woke up with the dog licking my face.
It’s been a good day bears. We fuckin bossed them. Enjoy!
Just glad you said face mate :oops:

Bobans27

Ryan Jack actually looks pissed off in his interview after the game.

exactly how he should feel having not started the game.

I think we all know Celtic aren’t the problem if we want to win the league, it’s ourselves. Hopefully this season it’s different!

Strictly business.

Yes, very professional. A long way to go. Well done guys.

Chester Loyal

I mentioned it to my mate when we were celebrating the second goal. Nobody was over the top and it was all very reserved. It was almost like they expected it and were focussed on getting back to work to see the game out.

Woodsy

Strictly business.

Think the empty stadium played a part in it

insanicdrunk

Last season's result was like a release, going to their hovel and getting a result. I think it helped us today, we went and were professional, it was normal this time. As if we expected it.

change consent