The Tone After The Win

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

It’s 3 points and we move on. Simple as that.

Agreed. The challenge will be not to shit the bed when we do drop points - especially after Christmas .

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

Gerrard is learning on the job. He's a rookie. It was always gonna be a learning curve. I believe we're well set for this season.

Strictly business.

Very good point. You get the impression no one in the squad is remotely surprised at that.

Strictly business.

Yeah , keep the rubbing their horrible faces in it for the 4th fixture at Ibrox.

I disagree, we were right to celebrate the way we did the last two that we won. One of them was our first win against them in nearly 7 years and the other was the first win at their stadium in nearly 9. After what we have went through they absolutely were milestones.

Think I read on this forum that after an old firm win instead of screaming and buzzing that after the game Walter dug out Charlie Adam. More professional today and I wonder if Walter had a word in Gerrards ear

Strictly business.

Great point - usually we have an international or winter break to dissect every move Alfie makes and every refereeing decision - not this time, onto Poland for us and a potential hammering in Milan for them.

I think having no fans and not much of an atmosphere played a big part in the post match reactions. They’ll be quietly buzzing and rightly so. They deserve it.

For me it’s steps towards where we want to be.
Step 1 - beat them in a match that mattered. December at Ibrox a couple of years back
Step 2 - beat them in a match that mattered at their hovel! December last year.
Step 3 - make beating them look routine. Today
Step 55 - lift the trophy!

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

As SG said, we can be better, will they?

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

As SG said, we can be better, will they?
This! They looked feckin deflated during the whole game

Made it look easy today and thats what mattered. Been a long time since we’ve been comfortable before a game then strolled it. Need to do this the rest of the season

Back