The Tone After The Win

Gerrard has probably learned from the 29th December 2019. Although it's good to see the celebrations that day, now is a time for cool and composed heads.

This is when we need our managers experience along with the likes of McGregor, Davis, Defoe.

Nothing has been won but it's advantage Rangers. We don't give them a sniff.

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

It’s 3 points and we move on. Simple as that.
This.
Beating them should not longer be seen as a huge achievement. We should expect to beat them time and again. The time for celebrating is in May.

I meant the calm business done walk off today compared to January.

The crowd ups the ante.

The ONLY relevance of no crowd today is the absence of that poisonous pressure pot the screaming hoards like to call "the best atmosphere in the world".

Hence the efforts the mentally challengeds made FOR MONTHS to make it happen. Clearly the lack of this allows the referee the breathing space to make the decisions he's paid to do. And guess what their all conquering team are found out

Much better from players and management, no back slapping and patting one another on the back.

Strictly business.

I think our reaction to previous Old Firm wins have negatively impacted us psychologically. We got ahead of ourselves, believed in our own hype.

If that's what you believe..............Carry on.

You'd have been happier with a defeat so you could have posted a 'I told you so' thread.

The ONLY relevance of no crowd today is the absence of that poisonous pressure pot the screaming hoards like to call "the best atmosphere in the world".

Hence the efforts the mentally challengeds made FOR MONTHS to make it happen. Clearly the lack of this allows the referee the breathing space to make the decisions he's paid to do. And guess what their all conquering team are found out

I agree.

Gerrard's roar to camera back in January was a reaction to that poisonous atmosphere.

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

As SG said, we can be better, will they?
This ^^^

the fact we made it look routine then we just move on makes it so much sweeter, and will have more of a psychological impact on them
Professional job all round

Completely different situation from last game at the piggery.

For one last one was the first time we had won at the BJK camp for the first time in 9 years.

Second doing it in front of 60000 frothing mentally challengeds makes it that little bit sweeter

We had a wee bit of luck with their chance just after we scored but other than that solid show and not even at our best. However I looked at our bench and thought WOW! The squad quality is now where it needs to be. Let's go!

I think it actually hurt the Tims a tad more, knowing we played them off the park and once the whistle went we didn’t overdo it like we’d just won the league.

It shows them we mean business and beating them is just part of the job we need to do, not the be all and end all.

I disagree, we were right to celebrate the way we did the last two that we won. One of them was our first win against them in nearly 7 years and the other was the first win at their stadium in nearly 9. After what we have went through they absolutely were milestones.

Absolutely understandable to go on the way we did and it probably impacted us going forward. Now its strictly business

Of course job done and onto the next one, but I’ll think about that tomorrow. Tonight I’ll be opening a few bottles and fall asleep face down in my Madras.. That’s what happened the last time and I woke up with the dog licking my face.
It’s been a good day bears. We fuckin bossed them. Enjoy!
Just glad you said face mate :oops:

Ryan Jack actually looks pissed off in his interview after the game.

exactly how he should feel having not started the game.

I think we all know Celtic aren’t the problem if we want to win the league, it’s ourselves. Hopefully this season it’s different!

Strictly business.

Yes, very professional. A long way to go. Well done guys.

I mentioned it to my mate when we were celebrating the second goal. Nobody was over the top and it was all very reserved. It was almost like they expected it and were focussed on getting back to work to see the game out.

Strictly business.

Think the empty stadium played a part in it

Our win last season galvanised them, possible that our reaction said that we were surprised and delighted to have won.

This game, we matter of factly turned up, spanked them and look forward to our next game will worry them.

As SG said, we can be better, will they?

Last season's result was like a release, going to their hovel and getting a result. I think it helped us today, we went and were professional, it was normal this time. As if we expected it.

Strictly business.

The win at the shit pit in December was just relief and a realisation they are beatable there.

In a strange way today will hurt them more.....they know now it wasn't a fluke.

The tide is turning and today it hit home for them.

Strictly business.

Agreed. Although it’s obviously easier to react calmly after a controlled win such as today.

It’s all about what we do against the rest. we must press this advantage home.

I think Stevie G has learned alot from the past 2 seasons post January break and subsequent ar*e collapse of thr season.
He has to have drummed that into the player each and every one of them. The talk of staying humble seems to confirm this.
Every player today deserves credit and to enjoy it but they all need reminded they've won nothing YET. We are still up against a team that will win 98% of games against the rest of the league. We need to do the same

"Good win, good performance. We will face better teams this season so we can get complacent" my party piece twice today. Can't wait til monday

Players and manager spoke as if it was three points against St Mirren, and that’s exactly how we should address them.

Strictly business.

It's all relative to where we were at that point in time.
The previous celebrations were perfectly warranted.
This result and attitude have been two seasons and several millions in the making.
You also have to take into account there were no fans in the stadium, which takes everything down several notches.

I think the turning point for this win was losing the league cup last year. We put so much into that game and couldn’t find the way to win. SG and his team reflected long and hard since that point and made the mental and physical changes to strengthen the competency of our team. Beating both Aberdeen and Celtic away already echoes to me that we are on the right track to success - we have something very special this year and it belong to Rangers.

Just finished watching the game again and at the end Stevie and Tav just share a "job well done" smile, something about the way they did it really pleased me - like they were just saying to each other "we're better than them and we know it"

I can see your point. I think there are a few factors to consider though. As has already been pointed out, the lack of crowd would play part. However, last December the celebrations were understandable given it was our 1st win at piggery in years and also how tough a game it was when taking in to account the Clancy factor.

Their tone has changed too.
More of them saying we've got their number. Hoping/presuming they'll hoover up points against everyone else and we drop points elsewhere. Definitely not looking forward to playing us again whereas we'd happily play them every week.
I'd much rather be in our positiont.

Latest posts

Back