The transformation of Rangers

Both on and off the pitch the turnaround has been incredible.

Due to dark forces of greed outwith our control and comprehension planted in the final days of our old egotistical custodian with many despicable acts and characters who tarnished our club for their own means, from periods of despair with very little hope when battles were more commonplace in court with spivs than meaningful on field ones, from Kevin Kyle, Ross Perry, Cammy Bell, booting balls at bare arses at training, play off losses, Murty, McDowell, Pedro and caravans, Pena, Newcastle loanees to the idea of appointing McInnes as boss, the lengthy period was awful.

Step forward Dave King and Co who got the boardroom in order, took on the parasites and started turning us round and the current board continue to do things well. Commercially things are better. Bisgrove looks to be earning his salary. Not being saddled with sports direct is a weight off the clubs shoulders but the biggest positive despite the thoughts of incompetent pricks like Spiers at the time, was the appointment of Steven Gerrard and subsequently allowing him to build his backroom team to what it is today. This includes Ross Wilson, a huge upgrade on his predecessor.

The job Gerrard and co faced was tough. We had a squad that was not fit for purpose and the so called experts predicted we were 70m and about a decade behind our rivals. Bit by bit, position by position the squad has been strengthened but some fabulous bargains have been had . Davis, McGregor, Kamara, Aribo, Barisic and Balogun for example certainly didn't break the bank. The board also backed our boss by spending initially on Arfield and Goldson (money well spent) and more recently Ryan Kents loan turned permanent for a hefty fee, Roofe, Helander and Hagi.

Progress has been obvious despite last seasons promising showings to the winter break being somewhat of a false dawn domestically, the European performances were great and restored pride and confidence amongst the fans.

What would this season bring? Well if you listened to the ever biased Scottish media, we had no chance, also rans, miles behind Celtic and Terry Munro was a certainly despite last season being curtailed in typical Spfl farcical fashion.

We know the media spout shite constantly. Buffoons like Sheridan bigging up washed up Brown, now departed Lennon and Shaine cart horse Duffy as a guarantee to success has only added to the joy of what's unfolding. Years of arrogance and self entitlement setting them up for the mightiest of falls so spectacular that even Lawwell is fucking off soon.

All well and good but Rangers have had to earn our lead in the league and earn it we have. From the usual random computer says send them to sheep pen on match day one where this new guy Balogun had a great game and Alfie showed glimpses of a newer role that allows him to come deeper at times dragging defences with him and playing Kent in to the space he created to score the games only goal. It was the perfect start and set us on our way.

Beating the barrier throwers so easily at sharkhead was glorious and the early season form with the exception of a goalless draw at Livingston and a 2 2 at Hibs where we really should have won was something to behold. Tavernier and Goldson were especially good during this period but everyone contributed including McLaughlin in goals for a bit.

In Europe our excellent form from last season has continued with some brilliant displays at home and abroad and winning the group a great achievement. Some of the goals have been exceptional. Roofe from his own half a highlight but some of the passing team goals an utter joy and Alfie now our record European goal scorer, top achievement and a credit to him, those creating for him and the management for setting us up the way they do and inspiring the belief.

At this point, still unbeaten in the league and Europe we can surely celebrate a long wasted title soon and when clinched it will be glorious, deserved and emotional for many.

From boycotts to help rid us of bastards and not really looking forward to watching a rudderless team of plodders to the cusp of title 55 and a last 16 in European tie to enjoy whist not lining a fat bullies pockets and seeing the most magnificent timplosion imaginable unfold before us is joyful.

The club are making us proud again. Gerrard is a class act and a footballing great. Our players play with confidence, skill and passion and the squad is one of quality and value and the football at times is exquisite, none more so than Ryan Kent's goal on Thursday evening. I cannot wait for our next game and the next and the next. The team have helped me and n doubt most of you though these troubled and restricted times. It's sad we haven't been able to attend but brilliant what the team are doing.

In Tav, Goldson, Davis and McGregor were have the top four performers in the league. Kent, Aribo, Alfie, Borna, Arfield, Jack, Kamara, Balogun, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Itten, Defoe and others have at times stepped up and delivered. There's a great spirit within. Thst spirit has lifted us all. In Gerrard we have a class act and the board is full of people we can trust.

All that remains is getting over the finishing line in the league, getting as far as we can in the Europa and enjoying it for what has been a miraculous turn around in a short time and building on this season iby improving the squad where possible and cashing in on our upturn in form commercially and it's great to be able to trust the club to do so.

Roll on Wednesday.
A remarkable fact, Rangers have only conceded 9 goals in 30 league games, probably the only top tier team in Europe in single digits after so many games, only adds lustre to the transformation.

Brilliant read PP, i'll be a blubbering mess when we get over the line this season, have watched how this period in our history has affected many of us, my son is 16 now, he's been a regular since he was 4/5 years old, he remembers the league cup final and Kilmarnock and has hardly missed a game since then, dragging various relatives and my mates to games when I couldn't get off work to take him, I want this over the line as soon as possible for him.

We've got fireworks and smokebombs for the back garden at the ready, in the absence of being able to celebrate together as a support our back garden will have to do!

Brilliant read PP, i'll be a blubbering mess when we get over the line this season, have watched how this period in our history has affected many of us, my son is 16 now, he's been a regular since he was 4/5 years old, he remembers the league cup final and Kilmarnock and has hardly missed a game since then, dragging various relatives and my mates to games when I couldn't get off work to take him, I want this over the line as soon as possible for him.

We've got fireworks and smokebombs for the back garden at the ready, in the absence of being able to celebrate together as a support our back garden will have to do!
Where u getting fireworks if u don't mind?

Great post.

oddly, it’s only in the last few weeks that looking back on these last nine years has made me feel emotional.
It’s been such a hard slog and there’s been so much to overcome that there wasn’t time for sentiment, it seemed we were constantly waiting for the next boot in the gut.

I find myself filling up when I read posts on here of supporters losing parents/grandparents when we were at our lowest.

Back