The turn around in the psychology is massive

If you mean psychology I’m still not so sure?

Who was the last team they lost to domestically? Apart from us obviously, they just don’t lose to the dross in the league.
I think this too, it was probably Hibs or Kilmarnock away. They should have lost their last two games against Hibs and Aberdeen but still scraped something from the game; they aren't dead yet.

In saying this though, regular draws in the league is killer to title hopes and its hard to get out of that slump- we have shown this the last couple of years.

I was around at my sisters(nae pics) today with the wee man. My brother in law is a mentally challenged(I know,I know) and some of the nonsense he was spouting was laughable. From our accounts to Morelos value and how we are serial bottlers. Put him in his place with some good info. From Eduord being gash this season, them being scudded in Europe regularly and how they've spunked so much money on many duds who warm the bench with no real input. He couldn't understand how if in his mind morelos value has dropped, that Eduord would also. Instead he insisted he will go for BIG money because he scores for the U21, although being nearly 23 and a SPFL slayer. They are relying on us slipping up again this year because deep down they know that should we keep motoring along they are absolutely screwed. If we win this come May it will end so many of them that I don't think they will mentally recover for a long time. They've become so used to their own bubble and own ways that they forgot what it's like to be on the back foot. Glorious.

The dropped points are welcome, an occasional defeat would be good though, I genuinely can’t mind the last mob who beat them domestically? Maybe Livingston well over a year ago?
You could say that however they have 2 wins in there last 8 games one of which is a competition that shouldn't even be being played to a finish if that form from them continues we will run away with it

They’re not winning against them either though. That’s the difference.

They have dropped points v Killie, Sheep, Hibs and us.

many tough away game and they shit the bed

I sincerely hope Lennon is in charge for the new year game

it could be 4 or 5 I reckon

You could say that however they have 2 wins in there last 8 games one of which is a competition that shouldn't even be being played to a finish if that form from them continues we will run away with it
Is it not 1 win in 7 for this season ?

Teams fear us and it’s getting to the stage where they are beaten before they take the park

every team in this league can get chances and score against them

It’s their for us this season to do a treble I feel
It should get worse for them if we keep winning. The pressure will be ramping up on them for every 3 points we win. It generally takes its toll. I think it was what happened to us last season.

The best team wins the league. Usually that is the team with the best defence too.

It's a long season and there will be times where there are dips. Gerrard just needs to keep the momentum going, keep the focus and keep the head when things go against the team. It's really encouraging at the moment though.

I wouldn't say it's a turn around just yet. So far I think it's just more of a shift but if we rattle the sheep shaggers tomorrow then it's another step on the road to proving the OP's theory. We have failed to capitalise on these scenarios before.

Let's not forget we had the same result as they did at Easter Rd so you could argue that one cancels out the other. Also St Midden went to Livi today and recorded a victory. Something we couldn't achieve. It would also be remiss of us not to acknowledge that they still have the ability to dig out points at the fag end of games they are struggling in. Today is proof of that as was the last minute wins at Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone. Something we have to add to our armoury more frequently.

We've had a few false dawns recently to allow a note of caution in the OP's optimism, yet he is correct in his assertion that we are a better team than them all over the park. Add the winning and disciplined mentality to that and his predictions will come to fruition. Our management, it would appear, have crafted that into this team thus far.

We are only in the dying embers of November but this season promises much.

Hope this comes across, not as a negative, but a positive in our new found focus and determination this season.

Obviously a big part of the psychology is us winning at the piggery. We've always felt like we've been chasing because they've got the first hit in since we came back up. You're right that the difference isn't a great deal if they win the games in hand but the pressure is making them start to crack. Its unlikely that they'll go a 4 or 5-game winless run but the draws will do the damage if we can keep our focus. If we keep our foot down and keep picking up 3 points, their demise could be a slow painful one.

My take on the psychology angle is everything we do as a team and a club is professional and positive...from our performances, results and even small things like the stadium refurbishments and our Christmas video.
They on the other hand seem to lurch from one crisis to another with piss poor performances and results and their supporters are baying for blood from the directors, the management and the players...it's certainly not a happy camp!
All we need to do is keep producing results and they'll crumble like a deck of cards!

I wouldn't say it's a turn around just yet. So far I think it's just more of a shift but if we rattle the sheep shaggers tomorrow then it's another step on the road to proving the OP's theory. We have failed to capitalise on these scenarios before.

Let's not forget we had the same result as they did at Easter Rd so you could argue that one cancels out the other. Also St Midden went to Livi today and recorded a victory. Something we couldn't achieve. It would also be remiss of us not to acknowledge that they still have the ability to dig out points at the fag end of games they are struggling in. Today is proof of that as was the last minute wins at Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone. Something we have to add to our armoury more frequently.

We've had a few false dawns recently to allow a note of caution in the OP's optimism, yet he is correct in his assertion that we are a better team than them all over the park. Add the winning and disciplined mentality to that and his predictions will come to fruition. Our management, it would appear, have crafted that into this team thus far.

We are only in the dying embers of November but this season promises much.

Hope this comes across, not as a negative, but a positive in our new found focus and determination this season.
Good analysis.

Their goals after 90+ minutes in games this season have earned them 7 points

It should get worse for them if we keep winning. The pressure will be ramping up on them for every 3 points we win. It generally takes its toll. I think it was what happened to us last season.
Good point. It becomes a real mental thing. It would break them if the gap becomes big enough around Jan.
Head down, keep winning Rangers.

Psychology is a huge part of success.
I can remember, back in the 60s, teams were beat at Ibrox, before
KO. In fact, at the match with my Dad and his mates, they all wanted
The opposition to score first.
Just to keep things interesting .

FFS, while its good to be positive, getting carried away with ourselves before a thing is won is not advisable.
I'd like to think that's what Gerrard himself would say.

As a fan I feel deflated when I see them dropping points then being saved by a last minute winner. I would imagine players are the same. When you just see a team winning it does demoralise you

It feels, and looks different this season but it’s far too early to make predictions. They have a habit of grinding out results and they’ll do that most weeks. We simply have to be better. I think at times in the past we’ve assumed that our dominance of the ball was enough to win. Now there seems to be an extra intensity and hunger. A team that seems to have learned what is required. Relentless and ruthless. It’s what we do that matters most.

If we both keep winning untill we play them we will go into game 14 points ahead of them.

So if it plays out like that and we have opportunity to beat them go 17 clear no way they come back from that.

But best just taking it a game at a time and keep doing what we are doing.

Back