The turn around in the psychology is massive

They’re not winning against them either though. That’s the difference.

They have dropped points v Killie, Sheep, Hibs and us.

They’re not winning against them either though. That’s the difference.

They have dropped points v Killie, Sheep, Hibs and us.
And long may that continue,
and is why we just have to block everything out,
get our heads down and focus on win after win after win,
every game is a cup final for us and that should not be forgotten

Which isn't sustainable long term. They can't expect their squad to empty the tank to scrape 3 points (or in todays case 1) points every other week. Especially considering they're soon going to have 3 games in hand to catch up.

In years gone by i always felt that if we were in touching distance come mid-March then the pressure started to tell on them & physically it was when they started to run out of steam.
What's good to see is that in the vast majority of their games they are having to work hard right to the finish, no more 2-0 up and just shut down the match. This will have an impact on them as the season progresses.

The momentum is certainly with us, but it's far to early in the season to take anything for granted. I think the manager knows that too. He will keep our players focussed in the job in hand, and that means victory against the sheep.

One game at a time.

We just need to keep doing what we are doing. Let them implode and we should be laughing at the end of the season.

The dropped points are welcome, an occasional defeat would be good though, I genuinely can’t mind the last mob who beat them domestically? Maybe Livingston well over a year ago?
We beat them three more times then they are toast.
ST sales will plummet, fire sale of all the dross they have bought and not enough money to spend if they find a semi decent TLB replacement.

One game at a time win tomorrow pressure keeps mounting, they cant afford to drop points like every other season before

Tomorrow is massive, get through that then we’ve taken a huge step forward

Obviously a big part of the psychology is us winning at the piggery. We've always felt like we've been chasing because they've got the first hit in since we came back up. You're right that the difference isn't a great deal if they win the games in hand but the pressure is making them start to crack. Its unlikely that they'll go a 4 or 5-game winless run but the draws will do the damage if we can keep our focus. If we keep our foot down and keep picking up 3 points, their demise could be a slow painful one.
That was massive keep our boot on there neck its all about pressure

Way too early to be talking about psychology. They dropped points in a tough game at hibs, as have we.

Their result today is irrelevant unless we take advantage of it. In fact, you could argue that all their results are irrelevant.
Our team should not be more motivated because of results elsewhere. Get out there tomorrow and give everything to win. It's what Rangers players in the past have done. It's what we expect. It's what makes us Rangers.

My thoughts exactly, as good as this season is going, there is still a long way to go.
I'm in the same space - Watched my boy get frustrated today when they equalised and had to have this talk with him.

We've got a game on our hands tomorrow that could see us 5 points clear (if you are generous and give them their games in hand). 5 Points is %^*& all at Christmas - long long way to go.

Teams fear us and it’s getting to the stage where they are beaten before they take the park

every team in this league can get chances and score against them

It’s their for us this season to do a treble I feel

And it can turn back the way just as quickly.

We drop points at home to a team missing a number of key players and doubt can creep in.

Let’s see how we are when we get to the business end.

It’s as much for us as it is for them. How many times have we had the opportunity to press home an advantage and failed?

We’ve got one of our worst opponents tomorrow and it will be a huge test for us.

They just aren't as good as they like to think. Most of the time they play a half decent team they are found out.
The only problem is there aren't many half decent in Scotland, meanwhile in Europe there is and that's where they are shown to be very very average as we have always known.

I wouldn't say it's a turn around just yet. So far I think it's just more of a shift but if we rattle the sheep shaggers tomorrow then it's another step on the road to proving the OP's theory. We have failed to capitalise on these scenarios before.

Let's not forget we had the same result as they did at Easter Rd so you could argue that one cancels out the other. Also St Midden went to Livi today and recorded a victory. Something we couldn't achieve. It would also be remiss of us not to acknowledge that they still have the ability to dig out points at the fag end of games they are struggling in. Today is proof of that as was the last minute wins at Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone. Something we have to add to our armoury more frequently.

We've had a few false dawns recently to allow a note of caution in the OP's optimism, yet he is correct in his assertion that we are a better team than them all over the park. Add the winning and disciplined mentality to that and his predictions will come to fruition. Our management, it would appear, have crafted that into this team thus far.

We are only in the dying embers of November but this season promises much.

Hope this comes across, not as a negative, but a positive in our new found focus and determination this season.
Great post. We have many reasons to be positive, but we can't get ahead of ourselves.

Capitalise on their failings (tomorrow for one) and we can really believe.

Id love to hear what Gough or McCoist have to say about how the scum squad must be feeling, what the pressure is like.

Jeezo! We still haven’t won a single thing under Gerrard, but you’ve got us down for the Treble this season? :D

Let’s just do the business tomorrow, eh?

Same as last season. People really do need a gentle reminder that it’s only November, we still have to win our game tomorrow, and even if we do we’re only 5 in front. Also worth remembering this team still has it all to prove. It’s going brilliantly well just now but you’d think after being left with egg on their face 2 seasons in a row they’d hang fire this time!

In 1997/8 would you ever have heard Walter Smith throw Richard Gough under the bus like TLB did with Broonaldo today? Not a chance!

Same as last season. People really do need a gentle reminder that it’s only November, we still have to win our game tomorrow, and even if we do we’re only 5 in front. Also worth remembering this team still has it all to prove. It’s going brilliantly well just now but you’d think after being left with egg on their face 2 seasons in a row they’d hang fire this time!

We all have a lot of scar tissue over the last few seasons mate. This season does feel different but it doesn't mean that we can't be excited by what we have seen so far this season. We just need to keep focussing on what we're doing and winning games.

We all have a lot of scar tissue over the last few seasons mate. This season does feel different but it doesn't mean that we can't be excited by what we have seen so far this season. We just need to keep focussing on what we're doing and winning games.

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying it. But last season also felt different because we won at the piggery and were supposed to have learned from the previous seasons collapse.

Enjoy our form and enjoy having a point cushion by all means, but the definitive chat of how they’ve lost it and 55 is on the way is something that should be kept for a a few months down the line at least.

If you mean psychology I’m still not so sure?

Who was the last team they lost to domestically? Apart from us obviously, they just don’t lose to the dross in the league.
I agree.. they have problems at the back for sure but are dangerous, have quality and know how to win games. Continuing to score late goals is a sign of their character.

Two things that may go against them are if Lennon really does bring a malevolent influence to the group and if we continue to win relentlessly.

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying it. But last season also felt different because we won at the piggery and were supposed to have learned from the previous seasons collapse.

Enjoy our form and enjoy having a point cushion by all means, but the definitive chat of how they’ve lost it and 55 is on the way is something that should be kept for a a few months down the line at least.
Agree wholeheartedly with the last bit DZ

I think because of all the nonsense we've had to listen to from our friends across this city over the last few years, we want to give them it back in spades. We are doing well so far and as long as we just keep focusing on the next game as it comes then we will be alright..

We will drop points, we just need to show tolerance and sanity (in the words of Mr Struth) when it happens. We have a cusihion and we don't know when the scum are going to play their games in hand, but we have the points on the board which is what they would love to have right now.

Back