The two penalty claims today?

Hagi’s was a pen but at the time it wasn’t clear. There are 2 guys with quick feet involved and the foul is with the “other” foot, so I would always cut the red some slack on those.

He had much worse decisions than that yesterday. Mostly around allowing late Dundee challenges (although to be fair he was consistent in being lenient when Tav had one too just after the most glaring one)

The handball was chest and I thought the Tav shout was one of those where it’s against the rules but that rule is never applied to a defender attempting to block a shot. Anywhere else on the park it’s a foul, and if it’s a defender clearing and a striker challenges it’s a card.
Saw it on Sprortscene last night and Leanne Crichton commented, there is contact but I don't know if it is enough.

Is this the line that referees take ? Does it have to be that the defender has to kick the attacker 3 feet in the air for it to be "enough".

I'm an auld juker, what I saw was the defender made no contact with the ball before catching Hagi on the ankle, when I was a boy that was a foul and if in the penalty area, a penalty. We never got the usual Sportscene in-depth analysis of the incident from Mikey Stewart.

I suppose it is deemed to be irrelevant because we won 3-0. Maybe if there is video evidence somewhere it might put aside this p!sh that Rangers always get dodgy penalties.

Having said that I'm on record on another thread stating that Alan Muir is just a sh!te referee.

Is this the line that referees take ? Does it have to be that the defender has to kick the attacker 3 feet in the air for it to be "enough".

There was a comment in one of the matches on MOTD that makes it sound like it is one of the criteria now , for the EPL at least , that 'the contact is enough to make him go down'.

There was a comment in one of the matches on MOTD that makes it sound like it is one of the criteria now , for the EPL at least , that 'the contact is enough to make him go down'.
That sounds like the kind of sh!te from pundits we get here for example if a defender kicks an attacker on the shin and the attacker doesn't go down it's not a foul. Sounds like something Micah Richards might come away with.

I'd have liked to see a replay on the challenge on Hagi in the 1st half.
Watched on slow mo the Dundee player comes down on Hagi’s foot as he’s about to turn, that’s why he fell, definite Penalty. Ahh but we always get soft Penalty’s, Don’t Think So!

I can't say I was surprised the Hagi incident wasn't given

Looking at it in real time - it's almost as if he's caused himself to stumble - but looking at the replays - it's obvious to me there's contact, intent & he's been impeded - so a penalty as far as I'm concerned

I can't say I was surprised the Hagi incident wasn't given

Looking at it in real time - it's almost as if he's caused himself to stumble - but looking at the replays - it's obvious to me there's contact, intent & he's been impeded - so a penalty as far as I'm concerned
Were you surprised that Griffiths stayed on the park?
Incredible decision yet not questioned by the media.

Back