The usual suspects roll out the excuses for the vile conspiracy theorist Tom Boyd

It never changes from the squealing Timpanzees, the same old public intimidation and harassment of refs and officials via the media to win them titles and trophies. To be fair to Boyd, when Reid did the same thing at an AGM nobody said anything, then when Lennon deliberately engineered a ref strike to break both the officials and the SFA itself, again, nobody said anything.
Slightest bit of pressure on lennon and it's happening again.
The merest hint of Rangers opening a gap and we're back to referees taking industrial action.

The SFA will probably fine them for Boyd's comments. It'll give them the fuel for their paranoia campaign to really kick off.

Slightest bit of pressure on lennon and it's happening again.
The merest hint of Rangers opening a gap and we're back to referees taking industrial action.

The SFA will probably fine them for Boyd's comments. It'll give them the fuel for their paranoia campaign to really kick.

The SFA refused to back their refs against the almost weekly harassment by Lennon, which led to an unprecedented ref strike in Scottish football. The game has never been the same since.

If the powers that be don't do anything about his comments, Then it's open season for all to make comments about the refs being biased! Septic lowering the bar once again sweep sweep.

The point they’re both missing - Boyd is An Official Celtic Ambassador, not some random ex-pro with a mic. When he speaks, he speaks for Celtic Football Club. If they back his statements then they are, in effect, accusing Scottish football of being corrupt. If this isn’t bringing the game into disrepute, then what is?

^^^^
This all day long. Why is it difficult for some in the media to grasp this?

The point they’re both missing - Boyd is An Official Celtic Ambassador, not some random ex-pro with a mic. When he speaks, he speaks for Celtic Football Club. If they back his statements then they are, in effect, accusing Scottish football of being corrupt. If this isn’t bringing the game into disrepute, then what is?

Exactly this

Beaton should insist on a retraction and a public apology from Boyd

Boyd has put Beaton at risk with his accusations and it wasn’t only one flippant comment. There were several made that Beaton was biased against the mentally challengeds

SFA will need to back the refs or we will have even more chaos if they strike again

Maybe we will have enough savvy to blame them this time unlike the last referee strike that was never pinned on Nonce F.C.

I generally agree, but under no circumstances should Beaton turn it into a John Beaton vs the tims war or words, where he then has to go out and 'prove' his neutrality each time he's involved in one of their games. He's erratic enough as it is.

This falls squarely on the association to protect their referees and set acceptable standards.

Have you read the article? If you have then there is no conceivable way you can say Greechan sticks up for Boyd. He describes his comments as " beyond the pale". Greechan's article is about the problems and complexity of citing presenters on club tv. How does the Compliance Officer become aware of what's said? It would be unworkable.
He describes cuhnty’s comments as extremely silly, borderline and maybe the SFA are morally due to reprimand cuhnty. Of course Greechan is putting a slant on it making out it’s a nothing comment. He is sticking up for the cuhnt. But that’s my opinion.

I don’t normally read articles by fuckwits for fuckwits but I did as it was pointed out to me. Oh and I would never pay for the privilege of reading shite written by fuckwits.

How is it unworkable? That boot of a compliance officer and previous ones use recordings of games to pursue Rangers staff. So what if it’s on club TV. If she is shown a recording then she is duty bound to deal with it. Club TV presenters and guest commentators should act appropriately or deal with the consequences.

Last edited:
H

H e describes cuhnty’s comments as extremely silly, borderline and maybe the SFA are morally due to reprimand cuhnty. Of course Greechan is putting a slant on it making out it’s a nothing comment. He is sticking up for the cuhnt. But that’s my opinion.

I don’t normally read articles by fuckwits for fuckwits but I did as it was pointed out to me. Oh and I would never pay for the privilege of reading shite written by fuckwits.

How is it unworkable? That boot of a compliance officer and previous ones use recordings of games to pursue Rangers staff. So what if it’s on club TV. If she is shown a recording then she is duty bound to deal with it. Club TV presenters and guest commentators should act appropriately or deal with the consequences.

What is it that the boot needs to be made 'aware' of certain goings on?

This is in a national newspaper and official club TV. So are we really to believe no one at the SFA monitors this stuff?

Which I certainly don't believe is the case, because the boot can cotton onto any behaviour untoward by a Rangers player repeated over and over and over on Scumscene.

Again, our club should be calling this out and flushing the boot out.

This was fully explained by Bill Young on Talking Football, on Monday, to both Hugh Burns and Gerry McCabe. Gerry McCabe seemed to have great difficulty grasping the concept - or perhaps their truth is more palatable.

It’s almost as if these journos don’t actually believe that everything, every single utterance that comes from our fans, employees and players isn’t monitored by the yahoos anyway.

At times it’s easier to find Rangers news on kerrydale than it is on here. They post almost every interview and press piece. We are always under the scrutiny that bellend Boyd has put himself under.

Is he the one who accused the filths victims of money grabbing?

"Light abuse" was his phrase.

An article in the Hherald hit all the right notes for the abuse apologists, and for those starting up the "they're only in it for the money" routine.

"John (not his real name) was going to talk to me about his time at the Boys Club. He suffered what he called “light abuse”. He knew what some of his team-mates were going through.

John has since changed his mind. He’d rather get on with his life now both Cairney and Torbett are behind bars. He is not looking to exploit the situation for financial gain. Indeed, he has been a season ticket holder at Celtic for decades.

John also doesn’t blame the current board or anyone working at the club. Nor does he expect an apology from the club. All he wants is some form of closure."

Another season another period of having to deal with the orcs and their minions.

When we win the league again they will be on suicide watch but don't expect fair play and parity toward our club .

We are on our own .

On Beaton , he has been a marked man since the 1-0 game at Ibrox.

What happens in Scotland wouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere else, in England it would be rounded on by all and sundry.

The media in general ,in any decent country ,would call it out for the viscous bias it is , endangering an official and being allowed to do so is the stuff of banana republics.

Frankly ,the Scottish media should be fucking embarrassed.

Last edited:
"Light abuse" was his phrase.

An article in the Hherald hit all the right notes for the abuse apologists, and for those starting up the "they're only in it for the money" routine.

"John (not his real name) was going to talk to me about his time at the Boys Club. He suffered what he called “light abuse”. He knew what some of his team-mates were going through.

John has since changed his mind. He’d rather get on with his life now both Cairney and Torbett are behind bars. He is not looking to exploit the situation for financial gain. Indeed, he has been a season ticket holder at Celtic for decades.

John also doesn’t blame the current board or anyone working at the club. Nor does he expect an apology from the club. All he wants is some form of closure."

I don't think you need to be a psychologist to rip that utter fabrication to shreds.

Disgusting fake journalism.

We could look at this another way: if nothing is done it will give Rangers TV free rein to voice similar opinions whenever necessary.

Let them reap what they sow.

Fair comment only problem is the whole we cannae behave like that lot attitude.

Is why the top refs target us... quite funny that they are pissed off about a match with the pars though they must be worried about Rangers and the rest of the season.

Fair comment only problem is the whole we cannae behave like that lot attitude.

Is why the top refs target us... quite funny that they are pissed off about a match with the pars though they must be worried about Rangers and the rest of the season.
There is an element of truth in that.

I think we were refereed differently by some refs. last season .

Will be interesting to see how this season pans out.

Had that mhob had some of the stuff happening to them that we did last season there would have been bullets in the post.

That's the skewed logic in all of this.

Neil Cameron really is an absolute imbecile, isn't he?

First he trots out the old "Rangers = new club" line which has been disproved by UEFA, the SFA and anyone else with even a passing interest in Scottish Football who is not rabidly pro-Celtic.

Then he mentions, almost in passing, the threats made to referees including Beaton. Who is responsible for that? celtic, and their odious support. Look at the OF match last December, the media outcry at certain decisions which for once were not given to celtic and the reaction of their fanbase as a result. The media trigger the hate and the entitled mob-rule mentality of the celtic support does the rest.

Unless of course, they were all the actions of that single fan "Juan Guy". We've all heard that one before.

It is no coincidence that the referees strike was triggered by decisions going against celtic, that referees have been forced to publicly apologise for getting decisions wrong (but only when they go against celtic) and that referees are threatened and abused if they so much as give a free kick against them. Hugh Dallas struck by coins, referees strike, Beaton threatened. All from the followers of one club and one club only and goaded on by a moronic media.

There is an obvious and direct link between the outcry from the media when things go against celtic and the over-the-top actions of their support. That's why Boyd's comments matter, even if he is a moron. It is also different from the usual braindead bitter vitriol from the likes of Fatson and the goat-blower because they are not employed by a club. Boyd was speaking on celtic tv and as such was representing the club.

Unless of course, celtic tv is a separate entity. We've all heard that one before.

The club have not distanced themselves from his views so one must conclude that they are in line with official celtic fc thinking (or at least what passes for thinking in that moral vacuum). In this sense, Boyd is no different from TLB when he accuses an official of bias or cheating. He's a representative of the club and a such must be bound by the same rules which are in place, like them or not, for everyone else.

Unless of course, there's one rule for celtic and another for everyone else. We've all seen that one before.
There is and has been for some time

I watched Peter Martin and Hugh McDonald on PLZ soccer. Although they said Tom shouldn't have said it they passed it off as a mistake which was totally out of character. Tom is a smashing chap apparently. No mention of the fact he's already made his views very clear on this matter when he appeared in that bonkers conspiracy documentary.

Certain members of the msm agree with Boyd, facts don't matter to them they have been cheated for decades, point out the penalties, bookings and red cards given for and against both clubs, you would be as well talking to the wall, why all of a sudden are the refs all cheats after a couple of dodgy performances, they are bricking it and this is their default mode to keep the filthy hordes onside.

John Beaton has received death threats earlier this year.
The SFA need to hammer Boyd.
It's no joke doing this to a guy who has already had his life threatened.
Do that lot actually want to see a man murdered?
They often sing of innocents getting murdered, in fact they glorify in it. They'd write songs about it. Boyd would be a legend.

I've just read Cameron's piece in the Glasgow Evening Times. One day a local journalist will be able to condemn the Beggars without dragging us into it and making sarcy comments as a sop to the chronically oppressed. I'll be waiting a long, long time, before that ever happens.

I can agree that Scottish football IS corrupt but NOT in our favour as he is implying.

W.A.T.P.

Bingo.

It's really offensive what goes on with Neil Cameron. He is basically being enabled to use his column as a fanzine. This is an institution that is supposed to tailor its needs for the whole country yet he is allowed to spout his partisan views every single day without recourse.

Surely there should be some media censorship applied to the papers of this country? It doesn't seem like it is at this moment in time.

I've no problem with people in positions like his supporting Celtic however he has a readership that extends beyond his own views and he should be mindful of that.

A grade a lady's front bottom.

Have you read the article? If you have then there is no conceivable way you can say Greechan sticks up for Boyd. He describes his comments as " beyond the pale". Greechan's article is about the problems and complexity of citing presenters on club tv. How does the Compliance Officer become aware of what's said? It would be unworkable.

Because the compliance officer is duty bound to assess any information given to them, whether that is from a game or from a video recorded by a fan.

Another season another period of having to deal with the orcs and their minions.

When we win the league again they will be on suicide watch but don't expect fair play and parity toward our club .

We are on our own .

On Beaton , he has been a marked man since the 1-0 game at Ibrox.

What happens in Scotland wouldn't be allowed to happen anywhere else, in England it would be rounded on by all and sundry.

The media in general ,in any decent country ,would call it out for the viscous bias it is , endangering an official and being allowed to do so is the stuff of banana republics.

Frankly ,the Scottish media should be fucking embarrassed.

You know what’s happening here BABN.

These bastards are making it impossible for Beaton ( and probably others indirectly in terms of getting a message to them ) to ref our games objectively.

The guy will be shifting it to give us a wrong decision so every marginal will go against us.

The games a fucking bogey in this shite hole.

Back