The usual suspects.... thanks but no thanks !

Bearinabluehose

I have considered this for a few weeks as it looked more likley that the end was nigh.

Heres my own thoughts .

Derek
McInnes

I dont see the fascination with him hes an average journeyman manager whos found his level remember when he was in a job down south that tested him he failed his teams are often prone to fail in big games as he changes his formation to protect a percived advantage .

His attituide last night .... i could not have done more ..... yes you could but were not capable .

Lets cover. .walter and McLeish wee dick

Both been in and done it its a regressive step not a forward one
Especially big eck even when he had money things not great did he not once go 10 games without a win... also his managerial record is very patchy at best and to be honest he seems a bit dithery in recent times i have seen him speaking ..... does he have the hunger or is it a job for a jobs sake ....

Walter has done his bit let him have a bit of peace .

Mr Advocatt think sunderland showed his best days are gone a good coach but can he coach the pile of turgid shit that is our squad dont think he could

Tommy wright ...... not good enough
Another who is at his level.

Billy davis ..... to much baggage for me
But of all candidates so far above probably the best on ability except walter but a huge pr risk .

David moyes .... another vastly overated manager who for me is a dud and not able to cope with pressure see sunderland see terrible

Gordon strachan

Joke ..

Kenny miller barry ferguson

Why .... just why

I think that takes care of the Scottish press and 50 % of the forum.

So lets also rule out a few others mentioned tonight

Sam allerdyce ..... dont see it has the credentials can afford the pay cut but
Can we give him enough funds even a guy like him might want a modest 10 million i doubt we have it also note he said categorically he was takeing a long break dont see the job tempting him.

Harry redknapp ....

Basicly See above doubt hed move up here anyway .

Ronald de boer .....

See above ...... wont do it without money to spend and hes not shown up to well with his palace placement .

I will now propose 2

Who i think out of available managers
Or managers we could possibly attract

Michael Oneil

Proven to be able to work with lesser squads and has done wonders for NI
Probably capable of building a team without huge amounts of cash and a current manager on the upgrade

I dont know if he is celtic minded if he is probably would not take the job

Possible compensation 500/750 k
Should not be a stumbling block if the board seriously want him

In my opinion worth it and i see him as the favorite if the board compile a list.

Alan pardew

Decent mid rank but for me limited in his acheviements and may want to spend beyond what we have but would cost nothing

So for me the obvious choice is oneil
He has as much to gain by revitalizing
Us as a good prem lge job would follow
If he took it i think it would be becase he thinks he could do it and nog in an egotistical way .... also note he still stays in Edinburgh its no upheaval for him .

Would not be dissapointed in pardew

Hope its not davies .

I am sure plenty see it differently

I have considered this for a few weeks as it looked more likley that the end was nigh.

Heres my own thoughts .

Derek
McInnes

I dont see the fascination with him hes an average journeyman manager whos found his level remember when he was in a job down south that tested him he failed his teams are often prone to fail in big games as he changes his formation to protect a percived advantage .

His attituide last night .... i could not have done more ..... yes you could but were not capable .

Lets cover. .walter and McLeish wee dick

Both been in and done it its a regressive step not a forward one
Especially big eck even when he had money things not great did he not once go 10 games without a win... also his managerial record is very patchy at best and to be honest he seems a bit dithery in recent times i have seen him speaking ..... does he have the hunger or is it a job for a jobs sake ....

Walter has done his bit let him have a bit of peace .

Mr Advocatt think sunderland showed his best days are gone a good coach but can he coach the pile of turgid shit that is our squad dont think he could

Tommy wright ...... not good enough
Another who is at his level.

Billy davis ..... to much baggage for me
But of all candidates so far above probably the best on ability except walter but a huge pr risk .

David moyes .... another vastly overated manager who for me is a dud and not able to cope with pressure see sunderland see terrible

Gordon strachan

Joke ..

Kenny miller barry ferguson

Why .... just why

I think that takes care of the Scottish press and 50 % of the forum.

So lets also rule out a few others mentioned tonight

Sam allerdyce ..... dont see it has the credentials can afford the pay cut but
Can we give him enough funds even a guy like him might want a modest 10 million i doubt we have it also note he said categorically he was takeing a long break dont see the job tempting him.

Harry redknapp ....

Basicly See above doubt hed move up here anyway .

Ronald de boer .....

See above ...... wont do it without money to spend and hes not shown up to well with his palace placement .

I will now propose 2

Who i think out of available managers
Or managers we could possibly attract

Michael Oneil

Proven to be able to work with lesser squads and has done wonders for NI
Probably capable of building a team without huge amounts of cash and a current manager on the upgrade

I dont know if he is celtic minded if he is probably would not take the job

Possible compensation 500/750 k
Should not be a stumbling block if the board seriously want him

In my opinion worth it and i see him as the favorite if the board compile a list.

Alan pardew

Decent mid rank but for me limited in his acheviements and may want to spend beyond what we have but would cost nothing

So for me the obvious choice is oneil
He has as much to gain by revitalizing
Us as a good prem lge job would follow
If he took it i think it would be becase he thinks he could do it and nog in an egotistical way .... also note he still stays in Edinburgh its no upheaval for him .

Would not be dissapointed in pardew

Hope its not davies .

I am sure plenty see it differently
I agree with almost all of this. Pardew is interesting, be prepared to get torn apart though. We can't bring anyone back as you say. GVB would please me.

All horrible options. Either ability or character-wise. The only standout as a big name is Frank de Boer. A man whose career is a bit I'm the toilet right now, and who would face the same xenophobic piss-taking and belittling from the Scottish press as Pedro did.

Billy Davies : A complete banger. The sort of guy that tries to put out a fire, with a bucket of petrol. No thanks.

Alex McLeish : Nothing more than a short-term solution to a long-term problem. You rarely move forward by looking backwards. Until the end of the season, maybe, but other than that ... No thanks.

Walter Smith : See Alex McLeish.

Stuart McCall : See Alex McLeish.

Kenny Miller : Nothing more than a gimmick and a guinea pig experiment that we can ill afford. No thanks.

Frank de Boer : See Kenny Miller.

Giovanni van Bronckhorst : See Kenny Miller.

Gennaro Gattuso : See Kenny Miller.

Barry Ferguson : Has destroyed his relationship with the club by slating it on so many occasions, he has now burned his bridges with much of the fan base. That's before we get to his very limited ability, experience and attributes for the job. No thanks.

Ally McCoist : See Barry Ferguson.

Derek McInnes : A distinct and realistic possibility. Will probably be on the final shortlist.

Alan Pardew : See Derek McInnes.

Michael O'Neill : See Derek McInnes.

Gordon Strachan : Dull, bland, turgid and about as popular as a bacon sandwich at a Barmitzvah. No thanks.

Tommy Wright : Could steady the ship, but won't ever take us beyond SPFL standard. No thanks.

Graeme Souness : We could do with his mettle, aggression and tenacity, but there's too much baggage involved and he'd be looking for a budget that we simply don't have - nor could we afford to tempt him out of retirement.

Davie Moyes : The Dark Horse. There's an outside chance that he'll find the right club and do well with them, but we're in no position to take that gamble at this crucial stage. No thanks.

Ian Durrant : No thanks.

This is like one of those notes you find in a box in the loft.

Its only my thoughts m8 but unlike most i offer my own thinking on why i like or dislike the best replies will tell me their thoughts and reasons .

There is a post above who also add a few names and reasons not its only meant to spark a bit "educated" debate rather than a load of moon howling thats widely going on at the moment.

Its possible that all the obvious people wont get the job its somebody no one has considered will

All horrible options. Either ability or character-wise. The only standout as a big name is Frank de Boer. A man whose career is a bit I'm the toilet right now, and who would face the same xenophobic piss-taking and belittling from the Scottish press as Pedro did.

I think frank could do it but can he work with the circumstances we have limited squad and not a lot of money ?

Nothing we have seen from him suggests he can .

How about Mikel Arteta? Assistant to Guardiola at Man City, has experience of British football, knows the club and was a class player who would want to play attractive football.

How about Mikel Arteta? Assistant to Guardiola at Man City, has experience of British football, knows the club and was a class player who would want to play attractive football.
You can't play attractive football in this country as they think you are taking the piss out of less attractive teams

Billy Davies : A complete banger. The sort of guy that tries to put out a fire, with a bucket of petrol. No thanks.

Alex McLeish : Nothing more than a short-term solution to a long-term problem. You rarely move forward by looking backwards. Until the end of the season, maybe, but other than that ... No thanks.

Walter Smith : See Alex McLeish.

Stuart McCall : See Alex McLeish.

Kenny Miller : Nothing more than a gimmick and a guinea pig experiment that we can ill afford. No thanks.

Gennaro Gattuso : See Kenny Miller.

Barry Ferguson : Has destroyed his relationship with the club by slating it on so many occasions, he has now burned his bridges with much of the fan base. That's before we get to his very limited ability, experience and attributes for the job. No thanks.

Ally McCoist : See Barry Ferguson.

Derek McInnes : A distinct and realistic possibility. Will probably be on the final shortlist.

Alan Pardew : See Derek McInnes.

Michael O'Neill : See Derek McInnes.

Gordon Strachan : Dull, bland, turgid and about as popular as a bacon sandwich at a Barmitzvah. No thanks.

Tommy Wright : Could steady the ship, but won't ever take us beyond SPFL standard. No thanks.

Graeme Souness : We could do with his mettle, aggression and tenacity, but there's too much baggage involved and he'd be looking for a budget that we simply don't have - nor could we afford to tempt him out of retirement.

Davie Moyes : The Dark Horse. There's an outside chance that he'll find the right club and do well with them, but we're in no position to take that gamble at this crucial stage. No thanks.

Ian Durrant : No thanks.

Most of the above reasons are probably why the board went for Pedro the last time.

You dismiss Moyes because of his record - yet 'tout' Pardew?

I'd have either to be honest.
Id debate that pardew has achieved a more consistent outcome with more teams all beit at a lower level than moyes who is dining out on his slightly above average results at everton .....since then see a lot of money spent and utter failure with 3 clubs since ... why would he be any different now with no money

Id debate that pardew has achieved a more consistent outcome with more teams all beit at a lower level than moyes who is dining out on his slightly above average results at everton .....since then see a lot of money spent and utter failure with 3 clubs since ... why would he be any different now with no money

Hmm - obviously neither has a blemish free record or we wouldn't be talking about them. Pardew did alright at Palace before getting the sack because his style of football 'was too expansive' and led to too many defeats. Prior to that he'd done well at Newcastle, I agree. However, he also took West Ham to their worst run of results in 70 years, managed to get sacked by Southampton with reports of 'low morale amongst the players' and was hounded out of Charlton by frustrated fans.

As I said, I'd take either - but lets not pretend Pardew's record as a Manager is significantly better than Moyes. They've both had success - in terms of the level they were operating at - and failure in equal measure.

Does anybody else think that maybe the board should have had someone lined up before they let Pedro go? It's amateur hour again, scrambling in the dirt trying to get a replacement. We have no money to get a big name replacement so it looks like it will be the best of a bad lot. I feel it was a knee jerk reaction that shows poor leadership, because whoever comes in will still have to deal with a playing field that is heavily weighted against us. Maybe the board should have grown a set of balls and backed their man to the hilt, giving him a decent length of time to do the job he was brought in to do. Can anyone possibly imagine being able to do their job adequately with people sabotaging it every week?

although have had two terrible gigs in Milan and London - de Boer is hardly under the "see Kenny Miller" category

and van Bronckhorst is new to management but already has success - 1st season won the cup - 2nd season won the league with Feyenoord for the first time in 18 years

nowhere near the same as a player with no management experience at all

Michael Oneil has nowhere near enough club experience for me. Brechin and Shamrock Rovers ffs.
Totally diferent organising a underdog international team and getting them up for it every few months for a couple of games in a row than managing the expectation at Rangers.

I would go big Sam if wages and compo were not an issue.

After that Moyes and Pardew I could go with.

I take it you mean Frank not Ronald Deboer?

As a manager sure. But the man is corruptible at best and corrupt to the core at worst. Not suitable as a manager of Rangers.

Not wanting to stir things up but Dave King isn't exactly squeaky clean, do you want him removed from our club?

If Big Sam is willing, and we're able to get him (which i doubt) then he's a worthy candidate. He'd start by making us defensively solid and build from there. And he'd take no shit from the media.

Not wanting to stir things up but Dave King isn't exactly squeaky clean, do you want him removed from our club?

If Big Sam is willing, and we're able to get him (which i doubt) then he's a worthy candidate. He'd start by making us defensively solid and build from there. And he'd take no shit from the media.
Dave King is a Rangers supporter who lost around £20million before our troubles. Undeterred he came back in with more of his own money to rescue our club from the spivs.

All Dave King has done is put money into Rangers. Big Sam will take many millions out.

Also, as far as I know Dave King had some issues with South African tax authorities because he was a bit aggressive with tax reduction methods. Not unlike google, Starbucks etc in the UK now.

Big Sam was caught with his pants down discussing taking payments for organising underhand deals.

Totally different and not what you want from a Rangers Manager.

Dave King is a Rangers supporter who lost around £20million before our troubles. Undeterred he came back in with more of his own money to rescue our club from the spivs.

All Dave King has done is put money into Rangers. Big Sam will take many millions out.

Also, as far as I know Dave King had some issues with South African tax authorities because he was a bit aggressive with tax reduction methods. Not unlike google, Starbucks etc in the UK now.

Big Sam was caught with his pants down discussing taking payments for organising underhand deals.

Totally different and not what you want from a Rangers Manager.

My only criticism of king is he is an absent most of time . This does not help the club because you cant taste the dissent and unhappiness from so far away despite what others at the club tell him.

My only criticism of king is he is an absent most of time . This does not help the club because you cant taste the dissent and unhappiness from so far away despite what others at the club tell him.
But, nothing to do with comparing Dave King to Allardyce, which was the post I was responding to.

I hate to say it but whoever gets the job will have many on this board baying for his blood withing the first three months of their appointment.
Think about it this way. The new manager won't be the preferred choice of at least 70% of this board who will then look for every reason to blame him for the first poor result and everything thereafter until the poor schmuck gets the bullet whereupon they can tell us all how X,Y or Z would have been a much better choice.
And round and round it goes.
We need to be above short term-ism for the sake of the club - or we will enter a period where we hav had more managers in the next ten years than the entire of history of the club until 2015.

although have had two terrible gigs in Milan and London - de Boer is hardly under the "see Kenny Miller" category

and van Bronckhorst is new to management but already has success - 1st season won the cup - 2nd season won the league with Feyenoord for the first time in 18 years

nowhere near the same as a player with no management experience at all

Agreed.

Can't believe anyone would lump in two experienced/successful managers in the same risk categorie as Miller.

Which, will never happen anyway.

I agree with almost all of this. Pardew is interesting, be prepared to get torn apart though. We can't bring anyone back as you say. GVB would please me.

Excellent choice Renoranger. Geo has been the assistant manager with the Dutch under 21s, assistant at Feyenoord for four years and then continued as manager for three years...he still has a win rate above 60%. I remember it was 60-something last year...it's currently 63.1%.

He's miles ahead of all the names we've mentioned running a big Dutch club.

Even Paulo Sousa, a good choice considering our squad, has dropped to low 50s since his time at Fiorentina...albeit up in mid-sixties after winning the Israeli and Swiss leagues.

Is it not common knowledge? I know hes from the republican side dont know his thoughts on Timmy albeit. I'm sure he got a hard time when he first took the N.I job, could be wrong.

Don’t think so. Never got a hard time at all with NI. Somebody said yesterday he was a Liverpool fan growing up, I’ve never seen anything other than a few posts on here to suggest he has ever supported Celtic.

Don’t think so. Never got a hard time at all with NI. Somebody said yesterday he was a Liverpool fan growing up, I’ve never seen anything other than a few posts on here to suggest he has ever supported Celtic.
Mate he s a cafflick the 1st appointed to ni in over 50 year, you might find that is an issue.

We need someone to get the blood pumping again.......

.....and I don't mean just the physical effort of typing into wikipedia to find out who they are!

Back