The "we were going to give celtc tickets but changed our mind" story

Ray Von

This is continually brought up in threads discussing the current 'red zones'. Does anyone know if the club actually confirmed this at any point? As far as I can remember the only places reporting this story were the tabloids, who as I'm sure we all know are far from reliable.

The fact we've not been able to give away allocations in league games since would indicate there was likely nothing to that story?

We said we were going to give them tickets if they assured us that we were going to be given tickets in the reverse fixture

Yes, that's what the tabloids reported. I'm asking if the club every confirmed this at any point, as the fact we've not been able to provide an away allocation for league games since would suggest the story was either bullshit, or we were going to lock out our own season ticket holders to give them tickets for that game.

Which makes it even more bizarre that we’re not giving other teams an away allocation

The club are at it

Who cares about 50 away fans taking up a large section?

Our support has been taken for granted and exploited for years by these clubs so I'm not shedding any tears over them not getting in if we can make even more money by actually filling that section with Rangers fans.

Caught 10 mins of Celtics game yesterday and they would have been lucky if there was 40k there. There is no valid reason why they can't allow away fans in.

Who cares about 50 away fans taking up a large section?

Our support has been taken for granted and exploited for years by these clubs so I'm not shedding any tears over them not getting in if we can make even more money by actually filling that section with Rangers fans.
Hibs/Aberdeen/Hearts/Motherwell/St Mirren all bring a decent support

It’s childish offering no away section when it’s clearly possible for them to do so

It’s childish offering no away section when it’s clearly possible for them to do so

Our fans come first in our stadium. Simple as that.

These clubs think nothing of cutting our allocation and then the game comes around and they've got a half filled stadium. Some of those clubs you mention have been the worst for it over the years.

I'm sure it was claimed we had actually printed and sent the tickets to Celtic and then cancelled them due to them not giving us a guarantee they would give us our allocation?

We have 800 or so season ticket holders behind the dugout to accommodate. The only place there's room for them is the away corner. After this and selling 1500/2k tickets through MyGers/public sale, where are we supposed to house an away support?

I'm sure it was claimed we had actually printed and sent the tickets to Celtic and then cancelled them due to them not giving us a guarantee they would give us our allocation?
This is true. Celtic fans were actually in the online queue when we pulled the plug lol

We have 800 or so season ticket holders behind the dugout to accommodate. The only place there's room for them is the away corner. After this and selling 1500/2k tickets through MyGers/public sale, where are we supposed to house an away support?
Thats not true there must be space to accommodate them if we were giving Celtic 800

Yes, that's what the tabloids reported. I'm asking if the club every confirmed this at any point, as the fact we've not been able to provide an away allocation for league games since would suggest the story was either bullshit, or we were going to lock out our own season ticket holders to give them tickets for that game.
There was a statement by us that said this.

In the early part of the season we relocated Red Zone folk around the Stadium, mainly the Main Stand. They complained of Restricted View seats or didn’t fancy the climb to the Club Deck. The Dhims then made it clear they wouldn’t allow Away fans and we jumped on the bandwagon and relocated our own to the Away corner in view of their complaints. We could, as we did early doors, fit them in the Main Stand and Club Deck. Ironically those relocated are now complaining of Restricted Views in the Away corner. Club can’t win so long as we are mandated to have that Red Zone.

The club have moved an affected block to another available block - it is outwith their control

After ST sales tickets of 46k tickers/seats have to come from somewhere

Club use
RSC allocations
Hospitality -unlikely but seats make up capacity of the ground
Sale to My Gers member/public
Add away fans & segregation

That somewhere is the aways fans section currently and that allows us to sell to our own fans

The fact we were willing to hand them an allocation is baffling, what they do in return is up to them

Caught 10 mins of Celtics game yesterday and they would have been lucky if there was 40k there. There is no valid reason why they can't allow away fans in.
They showed a pic of their game against Raith Rovers and the away end was virtually empty, maybe 10 people in it. There is no reason they had to refuse away tickets.

That’s a nonsense. The only place you can put them as a block is the away corner

There was enough free seats to relocate them all around the stadium. Unsure if that’s what you meant

Which makes it even more bizarre that we’re not giving other teams an away allocation

The club are at it
Although could give Lyon a section for nearly a sellout game.

club are deffo at it, pathetic.

hope the clubs we aren’t giving allocations to don’t restrict our allocations at their ground, somehow think they will.

In the early part of the season we relocated Red Zone folk around the Stadium, mainly the Main Stand. They complained of Restricted View seats or didn’t fancy the climb to the Club Deck. The Dhims then made it clear they wouldn’t allow Away fans and we jumped on the bandwagon and relocated our own to the Away corner in view of their complaints. We could, as we did early doors, fit them in the Main Stand and Club Deck. Ironically those relocated are now complaining of Restricted Views in the Away corner. Club can’t win so long as we are mandated to have that Red Zone.
The whole red zone thing is just more snatzi box ticking bollocks a bit like hanging onto the mask wearing thing albeit barely 1% wear one inside Ibrox as fas as I can see.
Wonder what % of our players & staff have declined to be vaccinated?
I get the impression the more gullible will have refused a vaccination which is the type of thinking which I suspect leads to elite footballers deciding that Snus is a good idea.

That’s a nonsense. The only place you can put them as a block is the away corner

There was enough free seats to relocate them all around the stadium. Unsure if that’s what you meant

It's been mentioned in another post that the ST holders behind the dugouts were complaining of restricted views etc so were all moved to the away corner.

The club are simply catering for their own ST holders before an away support. Accusing them of being "at it" is pretty harsh. They can't win.

It's been mentioned in another post that the ST holders behind the dugouts were complaining of restricted views etc so were all moved to the away corner.

The club are simply catering for their own ST holders before an away support. Accusing them of being "at it" is pretty harsh. They can't win.
But, my point being, had Celtic been given an away allocation, they’d have given one for the rest of the teams

So they weren’t bothered about putting people in restricted view until Celtic couldn’t guarantee us an away section for January

So yeah, I’d say the club are at it

Struggling to work out why a Rangers supporter would be upset at a lack of away fans.
Adds a bit to the atmosphere, I was stuck in Covid jail for the Celtic game but a few of my pals said the atmosphere on the whole was garbage and lacked a bit of edge

The main thing everyone talks about is “I’m feeling it” after the game, which tells its own story to be honest

Is this not just a case of some people wanting Rangers fan kept out of Ibrox so they can get a ticket for the likes of the San Giro?

Any chance someone could post our statement confirming this by the way? Can't find it anywhere.

Aye people want to support the team in our biggest away game, imagine that
So selfish bud, how dare you expect the chance of a ticket for Parkhead after you’ve travelled all over Europe and domestically

A mygers member that hasn’t bothered going all season definitely deserves a chance of an Ibrox ticket against Celtic ahead of you getting one at Parkhead :D

Adds a bit to the atmosphere, I was stuck in Covid jail for the Celtic game but a few of my pals said the atmosphere on the whole was garbage and lacked a bit of edge

The main thing everyone talks about is “I’m feeling it” after the game, which tells its own story to be honest
Yet others commented on it being the best atmosphere at Ibrox for years ha ha. The 'I'm Feeling It' thing was because it was entirely spontaneous and not a Rangers song. It just came out of the blue so to speak.:))

Although could give Lyon a section for nearly a sellout game.

club are deffo at it, pathetic.

hope the clubs we aren’t giving allocations to don’t restrict our allocations at their ground, somehow think they will.
Easier for the club to give European and cup allocations though with the uptake of packages or those signed upto the CCCS. For Europe anyway the club has to give the away team an allocation under UEFA rules. I know from seeing it on twitter that Brondby been offered 800 tickets with the promise of 2000 if they require them.

Yet others commented on it being the best atmosphere at Ibrox for years ha ha.
The thread on here was very much split but I’ll take the word of boys I’ve travelled around Scotland with over people that argue that the Ibrox atmosphere is brilliant all the time :D

Ibrox is special on European nights but 95% of the time the atmosphere is dire. Some on here would have you believe it’s amazing every game

Where would you house the away support at present?
The corner with the affected people relocated to available seats around the stadium, so long as they’re sat with family/friends they’ve got STs beside

I thought the atmosphere was great personally but that will always be a matter of opinion.

Back