The "we were going to give celtc tickets but changed our mind" story

The thread on here was very much split but I’ll take the word of boys I’ve travelled around Scotland with over people that argue that the Ibrox atmosphere is brilliant all the time :D

Ibrox is special on European nights but 95% of the time the atmosphere is dire. Some on here would have you believe it’s amazing every game
Its far from that. However, those who reminisce about 'The Derry' and the amazing atmosphere back in the 60s and 70s as if it was a constant are talking bullshit as well. Plenty of games where all you could hear were the shouts of 'Get yer macaroon bars'.:)) The game and the occasion dictates the atmosphere. It was ever thus, at any stadium.

The corner with the affected people relocated to available seats around the stadium, so long as they’re sat with family/friends they’ve got STs beside
As I said earlier, they tried that and got complaints about Restricted Views and too difficult a slog up to the Club Deck. Ironically there's now complaints about Restricted Views in the corner. There are clearly options, like reverting to the Main Stand/Club Deck as before - but there is no easy solution that will meet with universal approval so long as the Red Zone is in place.

Its far from that. However, those who reminisce about 'The Derry' and the amazing atmosphere back in the 60s and 70s as if it was a constant are talking bullshit as well. Plenty of games where all you could hear were the shouts of 'Get yer macaroon bars'.:)) The game and the occasion dictates the atmosphere. It was ever thus, at any stadium.
Sadly I can’t really remember games before 98/99, even then I only went to the odd game with my dad

Atmospheres been average for as long as I can remember, was even worse before 11/12 when BF1 was started. European atmospheres are normally different though, Stuttgart in 2007/08 and Barcelona the same season were incredible

2005/06 CL atmospheres too. But some would have you believe it’s like that every week

As I said earlier, they tried that and got complaints about Restricted Views and too difficult a slog up to the Club Deck. Ironically there's now complaints about Restricted Views in the corner. There are clearly options, like reverting to the Main Stand/Club Deck as before - but there is no easy solution that will meet with universal approval so long as the Red Zone is in place.
I’ve missed that then, didn’t realise they’d been moved to restricted view seats. What game was that for?

I thought they’d been in corner since Celtic?

The thread on here was very much split but I’ll take the word of boys I’ve travelled around Scotland with over people that argue that the Ibrox atmosphere is brilliant all the time :D

Ibrox is special on European nights but 95% of the time the atmosphere is dire. Some on here would have you believe it’s amazing every game
TBF, your never going to claim a game without away fans is anything but bad no matter what.

How many away fans did Parma bring with them.

Sadly I can’t really remember games before 98/99, even then I only went to the odd game with my dad

Atmospheres been average for as long as I can remember, was even worse before 11/12 when BF1 was started. European atmospheres are normally different though, Stuttgart in 2007/08 and Barcelona the same season were incredible

2005/06 CL atmospheres too. But some would have you believe it’s like that every week
You missed the golden era. For sustained, great atmosphere then Souness' first season would take some beating. Incredible from start to finish. I'm sure, had we been allowed fans last season, it might very well have come close.

There's not a stadium in the UK where the atmosphere is great at every Home match. And its always been that way. Memorable high points and many, many average days/nights. That's why the ''good' ones stick in the mind.

I’ve missed that then, didn’t realise they’d been moved to restricted view seats. What game was that for?

I thought they’d been in corner since Celtic?
Think it was non-ST games where they were simply relocated rather than getting to select another seat - friendlies, Dunfermline, Alashkert maybe. Just recall the complaints on here mate. In fact, IIRC, some of those currently complaining about RV in the Away corner were the same folk complaining about RV in the Main Stand. Celtic was the first ST game they got moved as a block.

I've stated this previously and I stand by it but if Rangers really wanted to have away supports at Ibrox then they could do so. The fact that they asked Celtic the question tells you that. Having an away support at Ibrox, especially Celtic / Hibs / Hearts / Aberdeen helps enormously imo and gets our own support more up for it.

Get it sorted Rangers.

Adds a bit to the atmosphere, I was stuck in Covid jail for the Celtic game but a few of my pals said the atmosphere on the whole was garbage and lacked a bit of edge

The main thing everyone talks about is “I’m feeling it” after the game, which tells its own story to be honest

Your pals talked nonsense then. The atmosphere was fine and , after the goal , as good as I have ever seen.

The excuse that we can’t fit away fans in is false.

The reason we’re not giving them tickets is because season ticket holders who were relocated complained about restricted views which is fair enough I suppose.

I know of someone in my work who’s a tim and goes home and away and he receives an email saying he’d have a ticket for Ibrox then the whole ticket shenanigans happened.

It's a uefa game mate .not under our control.

It begs the question though, if they could house a full section of Lyon fans and segregate it that must mean that current season ticket holders/hospitality would’ve missed out?

I didn’t hear of anyone not being offered a ticket.

It begs the question though, if they could house a full section of Lyon fans and segregate it that must mean that current season ticket holders/hospitality would’ve missed out?

I didn’t hear of anyone not being offered a ticket.
Difference is that there isn't a 100% take up by STH

Those STH affected were placed elsewhere as more seats are available

See if all 46k ST had the games included then the club faces the same issue as it does for the League game

Not made up in the slightest, I know of at least two mentally challengeds that had an email from Celtic confirming their allocated ticket.

Fair enough then if that was the case.

Still think it's unfair however the criticism the club is getting over something that is pretty much outwith their control. Surely it makes sense to cater to their season ticket holders rather than piss them off to accommodate an away support.

Although could give Lyon a section for nearly a sellout game.

club are deffo at it, pathetic.

hope the clubs we aren’t giving allocations to don’t restrict our allocations at their ground, somehow think they will.

There was under 45k at the Lyon game, nowhere near a sell out.

I think they said they couldn't guarantee us tickets in January, i'm sure was said. So the club pulled their tickets allocation?

Difference is that there isn't a 100% take up by STH

Those STH affected were placed elsewhere as more seats are available

See if all 46k ST had the games included then the club faces the same issue as it does for the League game

But there was still plenty tickets available right before kick off that would’ve filled the ground.

I seen it myself on the club website.

Brondby have also had a 2500 allocation given to them for next month, they confirmed it on their website.

Maybe I’ll be up being completely wrong but I don’t believe the tims or Rangers.

Adds a bit to the atmosphere, I was stuck in Covid jail for the Celtic game but a few of my pals said the atmosphere on the whole was garbage and lacked a bit of edge

The main thing everyone talks about is “I’m feeling it” after the game, which tells its own story to be honest
Hearts, hibs and the sheep are usually a decent atmosphere.
The celtic game was a cracking atmosphere so your mates are talking pish.

Which makes it even more bizarre that we’re not giving other teams an away allocation

The club are at it

Every other club survive on away allocations of both ourselves and Celtic, so none of them are going to refuse us tickets.

But there was still plenty tickets available right before kick off that would’ve filled the ground.

I seen it myself on the club website.

Brondby have also had a 2500 allocation given to them for next month, they confirmed it on their website.

Maybe I’ll be up being completely wrong but I don’t believe the tims or Rangers.
Yeah because a huge batch were released on the morning of the Lyon game IRC coupled with the pricing

Lyon were only told a week before the game they could have fans at the game as well like all clubs plus the travel guidance as well played a part

Look we could have away fans at League games but we need to take tickets either from the MyGers/Public sale or even reduce the RSC allocation in order to move our STH around the stadium

Yeah because a huge batch were released on the morning of the Lyon game IRC coupled with the pricing

Lyon were only told a week before the game they could have fans at the game as well like all clubs plus the travel guidance as well played a part

Look we could have away fans at League games but we need to take tickets either from the MyGers/Public sale or even reduce the RSC allocation in order to move our STH around the stadium

I personally believe if general sale was removed you’d fit in away fans no problem.

Wether people agree with that is up to them but it’s a slippy road the way things are going.

I personally believe if general sale was removed you’d fit in away fans no problem.

Wether people agree with that is up to them but it’s a slippy road the way things are going.
That is problem that the club face and they tried to address it as best as it can

What other clubs do is upto them, Motherwell are 1st up in 4/5 weeks time

This is continually brought up in threads discussing the current 'red zones'. Does anyone know if the club actually confirmed this at any point? As far as I can remember the only places reporting this story were the tabloids, who as I'm sure we all know are far from reliable.

The fact we've not been able to give away allocations in league games since would indicate there was likely nothing to that story?
we have been able to give away fans the 700, we chose not to.
there are enough non st seats to cover the red zone fans.

That is problem that the club face and they tried to address it as best as it can

What other clubs do is upto them, Motherwell are 1st up in 4/5 weeks time
We will have a reduced allocation. Nothing to do with how many we let into Ibrox but because Away teams are still changing in the Away stand at Fir Park and a large section of it nearest their wee stand housing their 'Bois' is cordoned off. Probably get just over half of what we got when we got the full stand.

We will have a reduced allocation. Nothing to do with how many we let into Ibrox but because Away teams are still changing in the Away stand at Fir Park and a large section of it nearest their wee stand housing their 'Bois' is cordoned off. Probably get just over half of what we got when we got the full stand.
As you know I am aware of that this affects all clubs

Knowing the layout of the South Stand then yes it will half the usual allocation if the away team team are still using it

Just fill the ground with bears, we don't need any of the other SPL Rangrrs haters in our stadium.
It won't effect our support at away games, because they all rely on the blue pound.

As you know I am aware of that this affects all clubs

Knowing the layout of the South Stand then yes it will half the usual allocation if the away team team are still using it
I've been offered a seat right in front of their Directors Box for that one. Decisions, decisions LOL. Last time I went was the game Alfie got sent off. It was difficult to maintain my cover.:)

Every other club survive on away allocations of both ourselves and Celtic, so none of them are going to refuse us tickets.
hibs were bloody minded enough to half our allocation while the other half had a banner, two men a wean and a dug. all while the other three home stands were sparse at best.

This is continually brought up in threads discussing the current 'red zones'. Does anyone know if the club actually confirmed this at any point? As far as I can remember the only places reporting this story were the tabloids, who as I'm sure we all know are far from reliable.

The fact we've not been able to give away allocations in league games since would indicate there was likely nothing to that story?
Give them f*ck all.

We said we were going to give them tickets if they assured us that we were going to be given tickets in the reverse fixture

That is also my recollection. The offer was however withdrawn when they decided to delay agreement to the deal.

Red zone fans wouldve been accomodated elsewhere within the stadium , I was on the understanding that Rangers had already printed their allocation and only enquired about Jan 2nd then made the decision not to give them the tickets

Back