The Wee Rangers Club

Blueheart1872

Has anyone went vip in there on a matchday? Is it worth it? And it says 20 seats in it so do you have to book all 20 in a group?

Hope you like the taste of dish washing up liquid in your pint

Last edited:
We did it last year and it was excellent.

You don't need to take the full 20 places, but you may need to share with another group then.

I have seen you post that on the London threads. I work just next to the High Court at the Fleet Street end of Aldwych, so if you are up
for a pint at any point, PM me.
Ok will do mate. I know where you are. We pop into the Old Bank of England pub now and again.

Ok will do mate. I know where you are. We pop into the Bank of England pub now and again.
I know it, the one on Fleet Street. Give me a shout if you fancy watching a game. I take it you go to the White Bear at Farringdon?

I live in Croydon, so sometimes watch the weekend games with the Surrey TrueBlues but midweek, Farringdon is easier.

I know it, the one on Fleet Street. Give me a shout if you fancy watching a game. I take it you go to the White Bear at Farringdon?
Go to the White Bear on the odd occasion. I go up for most games. Still got a wee place just outside Glasgow, so arrange alot of "working from home" when I travel back for games - like Wednesday this week for example. It works out well for me, personally and i'm lucky that I can be flexible at work.

Go to the White Bear on the odd occasion. I go up for most games. Still got a wee place just outside Glasgow, so arrange alot of "working from home" when I travel back for games - like Wednesday this week for example. It works out well for me, personally and i'm lucky that I can be flexible at work.
Happy days. I normally go up for the games v the bheggars, as well as semis and finals. Having a 2 yr old and no family here makes it hard to go up as often as i would like. I am also not from Glasgow, so every trip involves flights, hotels, taxis, etc. so becomes crazy. Each game is £500 min.

Have done hospitality in there 3 times with our supporters club and we have booked to go again next month. The food isn’t the same standard as I’ve had in the stadium’s hospitality but the drink and service is just as good. They can’t do enough for you and you can sing what you like. At a fraction of the price I’d definitely recommend it.

Love the WRC. Some great sessions after games there over the years. The 4-2 game against Hibs was a great day/night in there.

More chance of getting a seat and nobody telling ya what u can/can’t sing,that’s nt me slagging the louden as I like going in there too

Happy days. I normally go up for the games v the bheggars, as well as semis and finals. Having a 2 yr old and no family here makes it hard to go up as often as i would like. I am also not from Glasgow, so every trip involves flights, hotels, taxis, etc. so becomes crazy. Each game is £500 min.
That's a lot of cash each time mate.

I normally get cheaps flight or train by booking in advance as much as I can to keep cost down. I've got two teenage daughters so it's a bit easier for me ygese days and I think my mrs is quite glad to get rid of me at times !:D

More chance of getting a seat and nobody telling ya what u can/can’t sing,that’s nt me slagging the louden as I like going in there too
The only thing you cam't sing in The Louden is the songs and add ons which are banned under the current legislation.
We have a license to protect and appear to be visited by PS more than any other Premises.
I think it was the last Hibs game we had 15 (fifteen ) visits between 10.45 and 3.15
We have 40 CCTV cameras,30 staff and 15 doormen,what do they think is going to happen?

The only thing you cam't sing in The Louden is the songs and add ons which are banned under the current legislation.
We have a license to protect and appear to be visited by PS more than any other Premises.
I think it was the last Hibs game we had 15 (fifteen ) visits between 10.45 and 3.15
We have 40 CCTV cameras,30 staff and 15 doormen,what do they think is going to happen?
That’s fair enough as it’s your livelihood Robert and as I said I wasn’t slagging the louden,had many a good knees up in there

I quite like these threads, helps me understand different views from our support
without anyone getting too protective of any pubs they drink in, what do you like on a matchday.
What is most important to you,
Service
Price
Location,Feel
That’s fair enough as it’s your livelihood Robert and as I said I wasn’t slagging the louden,had many a good knees up in there
Wasn't taking it personally but you would be amazed at people who say they didn't know they can't sing FTP etc:)

Has anyone went vip in there on a matchday? Is it worth it? And it says 20 seats in it so do you have to book all 20 in a group?
Done it a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. Decent bit of grub and well looked after by the staff. Not sure on minimum numbers, as we took all the available places. Is it worth it? Depends how much you drink. Was definitely worth it for us!

15 visits from plod in 4 & a half hours.
That really is a scandal. Surprised they don't just pull up a stool and sit at the bar! Makes you wonder the thinking behind it. Desperate to hear something they can dig you about no doubt. Makes me sick.

I quite like these threads, helps me understand different views from our support
without anyone getting too protective of any pubs they drink in, what do you like on a matchday.
What is most important to you,
Service
Price
Location,Feel

Wasn't taking it personally but you would be amazed at people who say they didn't know they can't sing FTP etc:)
That'll be the ones that haven't been to a game since the 80s

15 visits from plod in 4 & a half hours.
That really is a scandal. Surprised they don't just pull up a stool and sit at the bar! Makes you wonder the thinking behind it. Desperate to hear something they can dig you about no doubt. Makes me sick.
problem is that no one seems to know what the rest are doing

Was in Nacho's pub on Wednesday and 2 police officers were in the pub for almost an hour around 4.30pm!

Back