The wee touches on the way through.

Wilkinsvolley

Official Ticketer
I was sure there would be a thread on this but can’t see it.

The touches on the ball as it ran through to Alfie to score were magnificent. A couple of Wee touches to help it along but it also wrong footed their defenders to leave the way clear for the ball to run through. Showed the players all on the same wavelength. Fantastic.

The touches on the ball as it ran through to Alfie to score were magnificent. A couple of Wee touches to help it along but it also wrong footed their defenders to leave the way clear for the ball to run through. Showed the players all on the same wavelength. Fantastic.

Incredibly clever mate. Davis Aribo and then Alfie all in the one area, all with clever little touches and a finish. For me this is the best example of Gerrards coaching and tactics. Positionless across the front 3 with Kent in the centre forward slot, and clever play, its impossible to defend for 90mins. A superb goal mate and definitely worthy of highlighting

Agreed. No surprise though, Aribo further forward is an absolute joy to watch.

Incredibly clever mate. Davis Aribo and then Alfie all in the one area, all with clever little touches and a finish. For me this is the best example of Gerrards coaching and tactics. Positionless across the front 3 with Kent in the centre forward slot, and clever play, its impossible to defend for 90mins. A superb goal mate and definitely worthy of highlighting
We’re great on that right hand corner of their 18 yard box. Play the triangles then get a cross or cut back or get a dink onto the corner of their 6 yard box. It works great for getting through tight defences.

We’re great on that right hand corner of their 18 yard box. Play the triangles then get a cross or cut back or get a dink onto the corner of their 6 yard box. It works great for getting through tight defences.

Some of our short sharp, one touch stuff reminds me of the Advocaat era, and thats the highest compliment I can pay, because Advocaats team was full of players who wouldn't disgrace any team in Europe. Gerrards done it at a fraction on the cost.

I dont mean to compare the 2, or say Gerrards teams quite at that level, but the fact you can draw worthy comparisons shows how incredible a job Gerrards done.

Some of our short sharp, one touch stuff reminds me of the Advocaat era, and thats the highest compliment I can pay, because Advocaats team was full of players who wouldn't disgrace any team in Europe. Gerrards done it at a fraction on the cost.

I dont mean to compare the 2, or say Gerrards teams quite at that level, but the fact you can draw worthy comparisons shows how incredible a job Gerrards done.
Different level of player but If Gerrard gets another step or 2 up in quality we’d be phenomenal. I’m excited to see how we play with players bought for the CL.

Different level of player but If Gerrard gets another step or 2 up in quality we’d be phenomenal. I’m excited to see how we play with players bought for the CL.

Spot on mate. Gerrard is in my honest opinion, one of the most exciting young managers in Europe. If the board keep funding him, I dont believe that regular champions league and even further - like Porto - are beyond his reach mate. Exciting times.

Even more impressive given the state of that playing surface

Was a lovely move and finish. And to top it all off that wee p*ick C*nteous falls asleep and doesn't track Alfie's movement after the commentators jizz their pants at everything he does as if he's the next Beckenbauer. Get it right up you.

Was a lovely move and finish. And to top it all off that wee p*ick C*nteous falls asleep and doesn't track Alfie's movement after the commentators jizz their pants at everything he does as if he's the next Beckenbauer. Get it right up you.
Walker was raging with Porteous for losing Alfie.

This is the most improved aspect of our overall game for me.

That was because of Jack's movement. The full back is high at the touch line and Jack keeps running, split second Porteous doesn't know what to do, follow Alfie or go to Jack, then bang a goal.

When we dont stop moving, nothing can stop us. The passes are all possible because of the movement.

Back