The wettest game at Ibrox

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Rangers v Osasuna in 1985.

Absolutely hammered down all day and a minor miracle the game got to the end. The subway got flooded that night and shut, it was a very long wet walk to Central Station that night.

Has there been a wetter game at Ibrox that didn't get abandoned?

Not saying it was close to that bad, but was there not a game last season that it was absolutely pishing down?

Thats what I was thinking too.

I remember getting absolutely soaked through at a game last season.

A few i recall.. the 4-4 v mentally challengeds.. feynoord friendly 1984.... was the inter milan game not played in torrential rain n 1985
I concur the Inter milan was played in a monsoon I was soaked when I got back to partick but it was a great game I sure we beat them 3 1

6-1 win vs Hibs at the start of last season must be up there. Witnessed a tree falling down on my way home just due to sheer rainfall as there wasn't even any wind that day. Was absolutely soaked by the end of it.
My sons team played a wee tourney that day up in Falkirk, pitches were a mudheap with the rain, straight down to Ibrox just in time for ko where we sat freezing we were that soaked, worth it though with that score lol.

That 6-1 game against Hibs in August was incredible. It was constant for 90 minutes!! So much for the Scottish Summer!

think im talking crap about the coisty double coming off the bench, osasuna was incredible and i remenber the feyenoord friendly with a crowd quoted:)) as 16900!

Before I opened this thread, I thought - Osasuna.
The ball would not roll. The rain was torrential.
I am sure that we went out on away goals, in the return leg.
Is this the game where Big Peter was hanging out the washing - did not collect the ball - and we lost a goal. If it was - that is the night that I (ashamedly) threw away a brilliant scarf. I just knew that the goal we had lost would cost us and I was so angry. My mates Dad told me that if he had known that I was going to launch my scarf, he would have grabbed it.

Embarrassed Loyal.

The Osasuna game was the first one I thought of just reading your title. Main stand that night soaked through and that was just getting to the game.

Osasuna game for me as well but I remember a game at love street around that period as well, nearly drowned that night, was in Carnegie’s (I think it was called that I’m getting on a bit now ) before game and a massive bubble appeared behind the wallpaper on the wall from the rain which exploded all over a guys steak

There was a midweek friendly against Man Utd in July or August maybe 1990ish and got soaked in the enclosure. Stciks in my mimd cause weather was horrendous for during the summer

2-3 game at piggery 82ish, just poured trudged out after they scored a late winner only to realise i lost my wallet with a couple of quid in it to get home.
Long walk to drumchapel. Like I had been sitting in a bath when I got home.
Looney ex going mental as she thought i went to the boozer after the game, we were supposed to be going out, cancelled.
Cans of kestrel not getting me pished so was a long evening.

Osasuna definitely ,Supporters bus from match to Paisley.Heard buses were off headed to train.Luckily still running headed home in Johnstone met with flood at foot of Thorn and mum and dad's backdoor garden a foot deep.And we lived upstairs thank god.

Absolutely hammered down all day and a minor miracle the game got to the end. The subway got flooded that night and shut, it was a very long wet walk to Central Station that night.

Was there, was soaked to the skin. Game only went ahead because UEFA just will not allow games to be cancelled/postponed unless extraordinary circumstances intervene.

First game I thought of!semi final of the league cup that David Robertson got sent off against the mentally challengeds it was bad as well.

6-1 win vs Hibs at the start of last season must be up there. Witnessed a tree falling down on my way home just due to sheer rainfall as there wasn't even any wind that day. Was absolutely soaked by the end of it.
I for some silly reason wore a pair of shorts to that game. Idiot!

Back