The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Bosmans previously linked include Osayi-Samuel, Lundstram, Johnson.

Players previously linked and not featuring much include Skov Olsen.

Then there's the usual suspects like McLean.
We had 23 players linked in the Summer, I`ll wait till anything manifests again.

The OP always pulls together a great thread. I suspect it will be a quiet January for us though unless we lose one of our big guns.

I think at best we will see a loan deal with a few fringe players going out the door.

I think it might be quiet for most teams in the UK with Covid and Brexit.

Ideally I’d want to see Barker, Jones & Stewart all loaned/sold & replaced with 1 player who can genuinely contribute from a wide position, even if it’s a loan.

Lundstram maybe confirmed on a Bosman if his contract hasn’t been extended.

Other than that I don’t see much for us.

Can't see us doing much if at all in this window bar a few loan moves for the likes of Stewart, Middleton, Jones and Edmundson.

Ideally we add to the front line to give Kent some competition that he needs to get him firing again.

Bassey is left back cover for Barisic

Maybe you could follow the Walter Smith rule of jamming anyone in anywhere and having Bassey play midfield like Smith used to play Moore.

You are just digging yourself a deeper hole and highlighting even further the basic grasp of anything to do with football that you seem to lack.

Bassey is left back cover for Barisic

Maybe you could follow the Walter Smith rule of jamming anyone in anywhere and having Bassey play midfield like Smith used to play Moore.

You are just digging yourself a deeper hole and highlighting even further the basic grasp of anything to do with football that you seem to lack.
Bassey has played centre back this season and played there for the majority of his youth career and your argument would make more sense had Walter Smith been a failure and not one of our greatest ever managers so it seems it's you who lacks any footballing knowledge

I think Kent having some competition would really help bring on his game. Would love to see him stick to the wing a bit more always trying to cut inside.

They don't have a bottomless pit of money. They spent circa 15m in the summer they wont have much to play with in January unless they sell someone.
Can see them selling Ajer.
Maybe Ntcham.

There already saying they’ve got the Dundee Utd keeper in the bag for a million.

Lundstram is a bit of a weird one, last season was the first consistently good season he’s had at Sheffield United. He was very hit or miss in his first season there and couldn’t get a game in his second season when they got promoted, he only really came on to a game last season when they went up to the Premiership.

I think he’s developed a lot as a player over time and he reminds me of Arfield a lot with his late runs into the box, but it would represent a risk to give big wages and a long contract to someone who’s only really had one decent season.

Lundstram is a bit of a weird one, last season was the first consistently good season he’s had at Sheffield United. He was very hit or miss in his first season there and couldn’t get a game in his second season when they got promoted, he only really came on to a game last season when they went up to the Premiership.

I think he’s developed a lot as a player over time and he reminds me of Arfield a lot with his late runs into the box, but it would represent a risk to give big wages and a long contract to someone who’s only really had one decent season.

I can't work Lundstram out as a player at all. Like you say, he wasn't really getting a game when they were in the Championship. He's all action but lacks a bit of quality.

He's not earning much, relatively speaking, at United. He'll be looking for a big contract.

We need to do some succession planning. Davis is not getting any younger, nor is Arfield, Shagger or JD. Zungu may not be kept on, Kamara may be sold.

the CM we almost signed this summer Jakub Jankto?

I can't work Lundstram out as a player at all. Like you say, he wasn't really getting a game when they were in the Championship. He's all action but lacks a bit of quality.

He's not earning much, relatively speaking, at United. He'll be looking for a big contract.

I’m the same, it’s hard to tell if he’s worked hard at his game and improved as a player or if he just had a purple patch last season.

I’d take him if he was on a reasonable wage, but I think he’ll end up at a team like Burnley on a big deal.

We can't go buying players for midfield unless Jack and Arfield are long term crocks.
Zungu was signed for midfield. We need to use him now until both are fit again.
I'd suggest that Jack and Zungu's injury records added to Arfields nasty looking recent one merit getting someone else in.

That and our midfield has been burnt out in the previous two seasons post Xmas.

I see it being fairly quiet to be honest, one or two pre contracts & maybe a loan till the summer. Obviously if a bit of quality becomes available then we will snap it up.

January is more about getting rid of the dead wood whether it be loan deals or permanent deals.

I think Edmundson will definitely be staying till the summer at least.

I would like Dembele & the QPR winger on pre contracts.

Last edited:
I see it being fairly quiet to be honest, one or two pre contracts & maybe a loan till the summer. Obviously if a bit of quality becomes available then we will snap it up.

January is more about getting rid of the dead wood whether it be loan deals or permanent deals.

We’re one injury away from being very short in midfield going into the sheep hibs and Motherwell away.

We’re one injury away from being very short in midfield going into the sheep hibs and Motherwell away.
Alternatively Arfield & Jack are back in two weeks, we sign another midfielder which leaves us with 7 competing for 3 spots. Far too bloated.

That said, I’d imagine whether we do business or not in that area depends on how bad Arfield’s Injury. Like I said if it’s the case he’s out for a while then we should get another loan.

January may be more demanding on paper than in practice. I'm not playing down the importance of the games in any way, but actually having free midweeks to recover for most of the month will make a huge difference.

Personally, I think the squad is carrying a little deadwood, and I wouldn't be actively chasing anyone unless a top target who improves the team becomes available. That's just my view. I understand a concern about the midfield, but I'm not overly worried about it.

I'd rather see the likes of Barjonas or Dickson fill the spot on the bench than loan in another Andy King type, who was never meant to be with us long term. Even with Jack and Arfield injured, we have strong options.

I’d like to see us bring back Kai Kennedy in Jan - done well at Inverness so far.. can’t imagine he’d offer any less than Jones / Barker

Dembele ? What

Barker, Jones, Stewart out for me and bring in a decent quality option to challenge Kent/play either side of the main striker.

Any good bosmans would be a bonus whether that be Lundstrum or the boy from QPR even Johnson from Preston looked an interesting option.

Out: Jones, Stewart, Barker and Edmundson

In: Skov Olsen, if a loan to buy is possible. Recall Kai Kennedy, Alegria and a short term loan of Mo Besic to assess him before a potential bosman.

I doubt we will see that much activity but this is the realistic ideal in my view.

In: Skov Olsen, if a loan to buy is possible. Recall Kai Kennedy, Alegria and a short term loan of Mo Besic to assess him before a potential bosman.

I doubt we will see that much activity but this is the realistic ideal in my view.

I wouldn't be losing Edmundson unless we sign a centre back or a left back allowing Bassey to be the centre half backup.

We've been linked with a Croatian left back so that might be the thinking.

If we were bringing in Skov Olson, would it really be smart to recall Kennedy? He wouldn't play much with the options we have as it is.

If we were bringing in Skov Olson, would it really be smart to recall Kennedy? He wouldn't play much with the options we have as it is.
The way I see it, we would stop having to play Roofe and/or Aribo out of position in the RF role and gain the ability to rest/rotate Kent on the other side.

Opportunity of plenty of minutes available for both players.

The way I see it, we would stop having to play Roofe and/or Aribo out of position in the RF role and gain the ability to rest/rotate Kent on the other side.

Opportunity of plenty of minutes available for both players.

Kent won't rotate out of the team much either way, I'd bet.

And Roofe on the right (as such) works well for us, as does Aribo in certain games.

If he was central, with Kent and Olsen playing, you'd have Morelos, Hagi, Itten all ahead of Kennedy as well. I just don't think he'd get many minutes in that case. Even taking his suspension into account, Jones hardly made the bench anyway and Kennedy would be replacing him.

Back