The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Young Josh Reid signing for Coventry, good move for the left back. He’s another one I’ve been impressed with this season playing in the SPL.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ws/nnamdi-ofoborh-agrees-rangers-pre-23373886

Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson agree Rangers pre-contracts but Steven Gerrard wants Bournemouth pair at Ibrox this month​

Gerrard is more likely to make a January move for Nigerian midfielder Ofoborh as there is less urgency for defensive cover - and Bournemouth have named their price.

Rangers have agreed pre-contract deals with Bournemouth duo Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson – and haven’t ruled out snaring the
pair of them now.
The Ibrox club, who moved a step closer to the title on Saturday with a 5-0 rout of Ross County, are keen on the Cherries pair, who are both free agents this summer.

MailSport understands Rangers have already tied up Bosman moves for the Nigerian midfielder and English centre-back.
But they are now pursuing the possibility of a January swoop for Ofoborh in particular as gaffer Steven Gerrard looks to add more midfield cover for the Premiership run in, especially with Scott Arfield currently injured.
Rangers could strike a deal for Ofoborh similar to the one that got them Glen Kamara when he arrived from Dundee in 2019 and cost them just £50,000.

But MailSport understands that Bournemouth would be looking for a fee in the region of £300,000 for Ofoborh, who has six months left on his current deal with the English Championship outfit.

Rangers also want to add defender Simpson to their ranks next season.
Gerrard is a long-time admirer and tried to get the defender on loan from the Cherries back in 2018.

But with Connor Goldson, Filip Helander and Leon Balogun all performing well at the moment, there is less urgency to strengthen the backline in January.
A move for Ofoborh this month is more likely.

The Premiership leaders also find themselves in a similar position with their chase of Aberdeen winger Scott Wright.
Agreements are in place for the signings to be completed at the end of the campaign.
But Gerrard and Rangers’ director of football Ross
Wilson are actively working on trying to get them both to Glasgow now and it’s understood they’ll inform Bournemouth of their intentions on Sunday in the hope of pushing through the deals early.

so says scott Mcdermott at the Record

Rangers have agreed pre-contract deals with Bournemouth duo Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson – and haven’t ruled out snaring the
pair of them now.

The Ibrox club, who moved a step closer to the title on Saturday with a 5-0 rout of Ross County, are keen on the Cherries pair, who are both free agents this summer.

MailSport understands Rangers have already tied up Bosman moves for the Nigerian midfielder and English centre-back.

But they are now pursuing the possibility of a January swoop for Ofoborh in particular as gaffer Steven Gerrard looks to add more midfield cover for the Premiership run in, especially with Scott Arfield currently injured.

Rangers could strike a deal for Ofoborh similar to the one that got them Glen Kamara when he arrived from Dundee in 2019 and cost them just £50,000.

But MailSport understands that Bournemouth would be looking for a fee in the region of £300,000 for Ofoborh, who has six months left on his current deal with the English Championship outfit.

I’d be surprised if they came this month, unless we are punting George in some capacity.

Which wouldn’t be too surprising I suppose, I may be wrong but I’m sure McDermott is pretty reliable.

I thought the club weren't dealing with the Record anymore. How did they bag an exclusive?

Hope it's true. Like the look of Ofoborh. Lad looks a unit.

Young, upcoming and hungry players at relatively low risk. A transfer strategy a million miles removed from times in the past we have signed big name players on prior reputation and big contracts and ended up with zilch for numerous reasons.

We really are looking a number of steps ahead with transfers now which is great to see.

Much like Zungu, Itten and a few others I expect they will gradually feature while learning the system with a view to breaking into the team in the long term.

Just a thought, are we trying to go down the route of “stockpiling” players to then loan them out to fellow SPFL teams.

Whether it was a strategy as such or not this season, we can’t deny it hasn’t helped.

I would be happy for these coming in we could say then let Edmundson/Jones etc go to other SPFL clubs.

Simpson in and George out on loan?

Young cm looks a proper unit, would be great to get him now to get game time ahead of next season.

I dont know a thing about either of them.

Are they any good? Are they first team/squad level?
Simpson is a decent player, hasn’t played an awful lot of football & I don’t think the other lad has played 5 first team games for them.

Good news if true. They seem to be highly rated.

Be interesting to see now if Bournemouth would rather cash in this month or keep them for their promotion push.

Looks like Katic and Edmundson will either be loaned or sold with Simpson coming in I'd expect Balogun to sign the extension to his deal he's been an upgrade on Katic and Edmundson in that respect for challenging Helander for his spot in the team as for Ofoborh the most sensible option I can see is that the club don't plan to keep Zungu long term and see Ofoborh as a cheaper alternative with more scope to develop

Interesting moves for these 2 Bournemouth players don't know anything about them.

Simpson a centre half will that mean Edmundson gone, Baloguns contract extension not being taken up and then Katic either sold or loaned out?

The other player who is a midfielder.. Davis replacement in a years time? Not taking the option up on Zungu? Replacement possibly for Kamara were we to sell him in the summer?

Interesting to see what happens.

Just a thought, are we trying to go down the route of “stockpiling” players to then loan them out to fellow SPFL teams.

Whether it was a strategy as such or not this season, we can’t deny it hasn’t helped.

I would be happy for these coming in we could say then let Edmundson/Jones etc go to other SPFL clubs.

I don't think our plan is to "stockpile players". We simply don't have the resources for that to be a legitimate strategy lol.

It's just planning for the future.

I’d give all SPL teams the opportunity to take Edmundson until summer. Then would give Katic game time but if we sign Simpson I expect a couple to go in summer.

Simpson is a decent player, hasn’t played an awful lot of football & I don’t think the other lad has played 5 first team games for them.
Similar to Bassey.
Seems theyll have to prove themselves before being first picks.

I may be wrong but was it Goldson who hadnt played a lot either?

Back