The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Baah looks a pler.

Maybe one to bring in and loan back out for a season to get more first team football.

It would be funny if we signed Karamoko alongside his brother in the summer.

Not saying we should but their reaction would be very funny. Rumour has it that lot have treated him quite badly so he'd probably come if his brother was here
Losing Karamoko is just another in a long list of blows for them. He should have been breaking into the team this season, tied down for 5 years and a certainty to make them huge money in a couple of years time. It seems they are letting that slip away. One of the best players I’ve seen at youth level.

Losing Karamoko is just another in a long list of blows for them. He should have been breaking into the team this season, tied down for 5 years and a certainty to make them huge money in a couple of years time. It seems they are letting that slip away. One of the best players I’ve seen at youth level.
Imagine being in any way talented and turning up to work every day to be managed by Neil Lennon.

I mean most of them have already given up but it's not as if they're slipping away, they're clearly being mismanaged by an absolute dinosaur who also happens to be a complete cunt of a human being.

McCoist was shown up as a bit of a dinosaur but the players would've still loved playing for him.

Yep, only a year older than Simpson yet played about 190 games more than him & a better player. Odd one, but got to trust management know what they are doing of course.
Who would Davies have replaced in our defence?

Davies is a first choice, straight into the team, type player .... we have a very settled defence and needed cover for Goldson who we can develop

that’s why we went for Simpson and not Davies IMO

Yep, only a year older than Simpson yet played about 190 games more than him & a better player. Odd one, but got to trust management know what they are doing of course.
I don’t see that an issue. Simpson being signed as a 3rd/4th choice player and Davies is being signed as a starter. Probably means Ajer moves on in the summer.

Davies is a first choice, straight into the team, type player .... we have a very settled defence and needed cover for Goldson who we can develop

You’d Imagine he’d feature quite a bit seeing the level of rotation Gerrard has used with his current two left sides guys.

That said, I like Simpson & happy with this signing. The staff have earned our trust in yhat regard, they know what they are doing.

It's not odd if we're simply wanting to supplement the squad with a cheap option.

Do Helander and Balogun need replaced? Is Davies superior?

Simpson & Davies are both left sided, neither would be cover for Goldson.

I know what you mean though. Personally think its a money thing, as Davies must be wanting more than 17k.

It's not odd if we're simply wanting to supplement the squad with a cheap option.

Do Helander and Balogun need replaced? Is Davies superior?
Should always be striving to be better if the opportunity arises, and he is better than some of our options.

Should always be striving to be better if the opportunity arises, and he is better than some of our options.
Who is he better than? Balogun was the 2nd best CB in the championship when he was at Wigan I’m sure. Helander is better than Balogun so by that logic, Davies isn’t any better than Helander (I’m pretty certain that’s the case anyway as Helander is excellent and a Swedish internationalist who has played for years in Serie A). Goldson is our first choice CB. So who is Davies better than? Edmunson? Katic?

If so, it’s two youngsters who are 4th choice for us. If that’s their level of signing this summer to sign folk who are better than our 4th choice options I’ll be quite happy.

I remember certain folk saying we should have went for Ajeti instead of Itten as well and saying Ajeti would be an excellent signing for them and not the wee fat blob that he is.

I think our scouts and management team know fine well who is better or worse than our current options.

It's interesting they are making signings for next season already when nobody knows who will even be the manager next season. Or do they?

Surely they couldn't keep Lennon on as a Head Coach and restructure with a DOF?

Reading between the lines of what Lennon is saying in the media he doesn't expect to be leaving. I guess he could just be playing politics there though and he is refusing to budge without a full payoff.

Who is he better than? Balogun was the 2nd best CB in the championship when he was at Wigan I’m sure. Helander is better than Balogun so by that logic, Davies isn’t any better than Helander (I’m pretty certain that’s the case anyway as Helander is excellent and a Swedish internationalist who has played for years in Serie A). Goldson is our first choice CB. So who is Davies better than? Edmunson? Katic?

If so, it’s two youngsters who are 4th choice for us. If that’s their level of signing this summer to sign folk who are better than our 4th choice options I’ll be quite happy.
Balogun 2nd best defender in the Championship?

It's interesting they are making signings for next season already when nobody knows who will even be the manager next season. Or do they?

Reading between the lines of what Lennon is saying in the media he doesn't expect to be leaving. I guess he could just be playing politics there though and he is refusing to budge without a full payoff.

Lennon wants Davies this window. Or maybe they’ve got an agreement with Alex Neil?

Would be funny if they signed Davies now, Lennon got punted and the new manager didn’t want Davies.

Balogun 2nd best defender in the Championship?
Yes, statistically I’m sure he was. Sure I seen it on here at the time.

Anyway, I’ll ask again, who is he better than? I’m assuming you think he’s better than Balogun? He’ll need to be fucking excellent to be better than Goldson or Helander.

I suppose Bosmans are different, but selling Frimpong doesn't suggest there's a new manager coming in anytime soon.

I can't see Lennons ego taking the likes of Alex Neil calling the shots from afar ahead of taking over in the summer, Lennon would spontaneously combust.

I suppose Bosmans are different, but selling Frimpong doesn't suggest there's a new manager coming in anytime soon.

I can't see Lennons ego taking the likes of Alex Neil calling the shots from afar ahead of taking over in the summer, Lennon would spontaneously combust.

Lennon might just be in the dark though and not know what is happening. It's not like he has any say in the recruitment of players anyway.

I remember certain folk saying we should have went for Ajeti instead of Itten as well and saying Ajeti would be an excellent signing for them and not the wee fat blob that he is.

I think our scouts and management team know fine well who is better or worse than our current options.
Probably the same posters

Alex Neil is a good solid manager, I think he'd sort them out and make them hard working and difficult to beat. He won't sell season tickets though, they were expecting a Rodgers level appointment. It's a decent and realistic appointment if a bit uninspiring for them. Smacks of downsizing.

Back