The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

There is some high level play in these highlights by Scott Wright , he came on as a sub as another poster mentioned before

Scott’s top team appearances just about the 100 mark at this point

Jack Simpson , as the HnH plodders said , is really quite low in top team experience just 35 appearances . He was a MF until around 17 years old and then converted although supposedly he had a very stop start period for a few years due to different injuries which fortunately have been left behind for some time now

Well that's it. Barring a couple of possibles not dependent on tonight's deadline (big Nnamdi's pre contract, Stewart to a Championship team and Barjo to the states) the window is closed. It's been a blast as usual. See you all soon for the summer window! B-D

Had to look him up...

Looks the part indeed!

Really impressed by some of the things in that video. His close control is excellent, he play with his head up even when an opposition player is near, he's got a good strike on him, can take a freekick, fast feet, can confidently use both feet, got pace and keeps control of the ball even when running at full sprint.

If he has the right mentality we could have an absolute steal on our hands.

Noticed he seems to be most comfortable coming in off the left, same as Kent and (by the looks of things) Kai Kennedy. Will be interesting to see if Wright and Kennedy can adjust to playing one of our '10' roles beside Kent. Could rip teams apart.

Really impressed by some of the things in that video. His close control is excellent, he play with his head up even when an opposition player is near, he's got a good strike on him, can take a freekick, fast feet, can confidently use both feet, got pace and keeps control of the ball even when running at full sprint.

If he has the right mentality we could have an absolute steal on our hands.

Noticed he seems to be most comfortable coming in off the left, same as Kent and (by the looks of things) Kai Kennedy. Will be interesting to see if Wright and Kennedy can adjust to playing one of our '10' roles beside Kent. Could rip teams apart.
yeah, really good to see that. think he looks a good fit as an understudy for Kent particularly - definitely a better option from the bench or cover than Barker.

yeah, really good to see that. think he looks a good fit as an understudy for Kent particularly - definitely a better option from the bench or cover than Barker.
Absolutely.

I have a soft spot for Greig Stewart because I think he is technically good enough to play for us but he just doesn't have the pace or trickery to influence our games. Barker has pace and a bit of trickery but has no composure or any real creativity.

What we might be getting from Wright is a player with the technical ability of Stewart but with the pace and trickery of Barker.

Either way i'm excited. A 4 year deal sounds like Wilson and Gerrard are too.

Absolutely.

I have a soft spot for Greig Stewart because I think he is technically good enough to play for us but he just doesn't have the pace or trickery to influence our games. Barker has pace and a bit of trickery but has no composure or any real creativity.

What we might be getting from Wright is a player with the technical ability of Stewart but with the pace and trickery of Barker.

The club has been monitoring him for a while in an awful footballing team. our coaches think that they can now improve him even more with better footballers around him.
Great potential.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Very good post this mate

Had to look him up...

Looks the part indeed!
Does everything in and around the box you'd expect, creative and quick and has an eye on goal will suit our style of play especially since he takes players on.

Barker, Jones, Stewart didn't really possess those things imo.

I know quite a few seem to rate him very highly let's hope he's the real deal.

Could be a bit of a gem we have got here possibly especially if he kicks on with us.

No, but people saying they're better than Edmundson, jones and Barker is a bit of stretch.
Given what Jones and Barker have contributed since signing then it won't take much for Wright to be an upgrade on the pair of them.

Only time will tell whether they both turn out to be a success but given its Ross Wilson in charge of transfers now and not Mark Allen then I have more faith in these 2 being a success.

There was a time when I would have been underwhelmed by signing 2 players who can't get into a championship Bournemouth side, and a 23 year old from Aberdeen who hasn't really stood out & never made it into a Scotland squad.

Now, I have so much trust in our management team that I can't wait to see them in action, and see how our coaches can take them forward.

And all 3 for very little outlay.

It's all so encouraging.

I think Wright will be a fine signing and will surprise a few...

Not sure on Simpson as I can safely say I've never seen him play but will trust the management and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quick round-up:

SIGNED in Winter 2020/21:
IN -
Scott Wright (23) - Scotland, LW - Aberdeen, contr. till summer 2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Jack Simpson (24) - England, CH - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Nnamdi Ofoborh (21) - Nigeria, CM - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED pre contract (4 years)

GONE in Winter 2020/21
OUT - Josh McPake - on loan to Harrowgate Town till end of season after loan to Morton cut short due to injury - LINK - Done: LINK
OUT - Kai Kennedy (18) - on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
OUT – Glen Middleton – loan to St. Johnstone for the remainder of the season - LINK
OUT - Jordan Jones - on loan - Link - to Sunderland till end of season - LINK
OUT - George Edmundson - on loan - Derby County till end of season - LINK
OUT - Brandon Barker - on loan to Oxford United till end of season - LINK
OUT - Jamie Barjonas - Orange County SC - LINK to come
OUT - Cammy Palmer - Linfield FC - LINK
OUT - Umaro Balde - left by mutual consent - LINK
OUT - Ross McCrorie (22) – CMF / right-back - joined Aberdeen (loan and sign option) - LINK - deal made permanent as part of the Scott Wright transfer above

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
Kai Kennedy (18) - new contract till 2023, on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
Ciaran Dickson - LINK

Quick round-up:

SIGNED in Winter 2020/21:
IN -
Scott Wright (23) - Scotland, LW - Aberdeen, contr. till summer 2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Jack Simpson (24) - England, CH - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Nnamdi Ofoborh (21) - Nigeria, CM - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED pre contract (4 years)

GONE in Winter 2020/21
OUT - Josh McPake - on loan to Harrowgate Town till end of season after loan to Morton cut short due to injury - LINK - Done: LINK
OUT - Kai Kennedy (18) - on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
OUT – Glen Middleton – loan to St. Johnstone for the remainder of the season - LINK
OUT - Jordan Jones - on loan - Link - to Sunderland till end of season - LINK
OUT - George Edmundson - on loan - Derby County till end of season - LINK
OUT - Brandon Barker - on loan to Oxford United till end of season - LINK
OUT - Jamie Barjonas - Orange County SC - LINK to come
OUT - Cammy Palmer - Linfield FC - LINK
OUT - Umaro Balde - left by mutual consent - LINK
OUT - Ross McCrorie (22) – CMF / right-back - joined Aberdeen (loan and sign option) - LINK - deal made permanent as part of the Scott Wright transfer above

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
Kai Kennedy (18) - new contract till 2023, on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
Ciaran Dickson - LINK

Great work on this thread DB.

Really interesting & a good few laughs thrown in too.

Back