The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

His creativity seems good, my question would be can he develop into a goalscorer? Apart from Roofe, our supporting forwards lack that in their game.

His creativity seems good, my question would be can he develop into a goalscorer? Apart from Roofe, our supporting forwards lack that in their game.

Love seeing out forwards score but....Apart from OGs I think the entire team have scored 85 goals between them across all competitions. I will settle for that at this time of season

We are 23 goals away from matching all of last seasons totals.

Lets just enjoy the moment and the potential of a new player considering the financial climate we are in B-)

Love seeing out forwards score but....Apart from OGs I think the entire team have scored 85 goals between them across all competitions. I will settle for that at this time of season

We are 23 goals away from matching all of last seasons totals.

Lets just enjoy the moment and the potential of a new player considering the financial climate we are in B-)
Hope wee Alfie scores all 23 of those. He's been quiet so far, I hope he's the one who pushes us to 55.

Admittedly Zungu's playing time has been very limited, mainly limited to cameo roles as a sub in final 15 mis of games, but I was impressed with his (full game) performance away at Poznan.

However is one game enough to pay
£3m for a player who, it has to be said, I now have the feeling he no longer has the complete trust of SG. That would be fine if Zungu was still a youngster learning his trade but as a 29yo it is not a good sign.

After our shock defeat to St Mirren, where Zungu played from the start, it is very teling that Davis, despite concerns of over his age and tirednesz, has started every game. Think that says everything about Zungu's position in the squad.

Would not be surprised in the slightest if our management teams position on making the Zungu signing permanent has turned on it's head. Still time for the lad to come good but he'll need to really impress in the limited chances that come his way.
Zungu is rotten. Really hope we don’t buy him. Will be a total waste of money.

Zungu is rotten. Really hope we don’t buy him. Will be a total waste of money.

Think he needs more game time before we can make e a more qualified opinion. However his lack of game time perhaps says a good bit about his chances of earning a permanent move (there is no way we should be paying £3m for a guy we only trust to see out the final minutes of games).

So 5 and a half hours of evidence? More than enough for me for an experienced player/loanee.
I know its an oft-repeated cliche but if we'd judged Borna on his first 300 or so minutes he'd have been out the door. Similar with Morelos, albeit I acknowledge he wasn't experienced at a decent level and quickly picked up.

We, as a Club, have another 4 months or so to judge him.

Last edited:
I know its an oft-repeated cliche but if we'd judged Borna on his first 300 or so minutes he'd have been out the door. Similar with Morelos, albeit I acknowledge he wasn't experienced at a decent level.

We, as a Club, have another 4 months or so to judge him.
Eh?.

He had 9 goals in his first 9 games & looked a revelation, he was raw but he could see he was a special talent!.

I get your point though & totally agree with it :))

Eh?.

He had 9 goals in his first 9 games & looked a revelation, he was raw but he could see he was a special talent!.

I get your point though & totally agree with it :))
All that sticks in my memory from that period is the shit-show against Progres, although he had less than an hour over the two legs.

I make it 6 in his first 11 competitive games by the way - or 3 goals if we stick to the first 300 minute yardstick the poster used for Zungu.

Alfredo Morelos - Stats 17/18 | Transfermarkt

All that sticks in my memory from that period is the shit-show against Progres, although he had less than an hour over the two legs.

I make it 6 in his first 11 competitive games by the way - or 3 goals if we stick to the first 300 minute yardstick the poster used for Zungu.

Alfredo Morelos - Stats 17/18 | Transfermarkt
We will settle on 8 in 9:))

Players need time, especially joining a side as fit & as intense as ours. I’m still confident Zungu will be fine.

965-D99-F7-CBCD-4799-AFE0-92-AF27-B59-F8-C.png

Oh shut up.
A nothing French Ligue 2 club had no use for him. He’s in his late twenties and has misplaced more passes than he’s found in every game I’ve seen him. He’s also still being caught in possession in our own half, on the edge of our box etc. Sorry if you can’t see it - he’s mince.

A nothing French Ligue 2 club had no use for him. He’s in his late twenties and has misplaced more passes than he’s found in every game I’ve seen him. He’s also still being caught in possession in our own half, on the edge of our box etc. Sorry if you can’t see it - he’s mince.
How do you explain his performance in Poland, which is a good chunk of the minutes you have dedicated to judging him?.

It is really hard to judge Zungu.

I don't think as a central midfielder it is easy coming on with 10-15 minutes to go in games when you are either comfortably leading or protecting a goal lead.

Unfair to throw comments like "rotten" around.

Is he good enough to take the place off of Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Arfield etc? Probably not but I don't think he was brought in to do that. He is essentially a cover player who is probably better than our previous cover players in that area.

I think the big deal this summer will be pre-empting the decline of an ageing Davis and Arfield. Becoming over-the-hill as a footballer can be a sharp and sudden climb down as opposed to a gradual drop.

We need to be proactive in this regard before it becomes an issue,

Weirdly, I don't think we will see the best of Zungu until we play in Europe.

It looks like his style is better suited to sitting in deep and finding our attacking players with early passes to hit on the break. We simply don't get that space in Scotland. I also understand that some fans will then question why we signed him based on that.

I get the frustration of some fans but we have seen very little of him in Scotland to judge and that is testament to the form of our regular midfielders like Arfield, Kamara and Davis.

Weirdly, I don't think we will see the best of Zungu until we play in Europe.

It looks like his style is better suited to sitting in deep and finding our attacking players with early passes to hit on the break. We simply don't get that space in Scotland. I also understand that some fans will then question why we signed him based on that.

I get the frustration of some fans but we have seen very little of him in Scotland to judge and that is testament to the form of our regular midfielders like Arfield, Kamara and Davis.
The Hemdani role!

Good that we seem to be closing in on Scott Wright, he has potential to do well with Rangers working with our coaching team to improve his final ball and outcomes. Plenty of skill and pace to contribute. He's an exciting player on the ball.

Interesting debate on the need to revitalise the midfield after this season. I see plenty of posters assuming that we are likely to sell Kamara and therefore need to get another year out of Steven Davis. I beg to differ. Yes we likely need to cash in on one of our primary assets (sustainable way forward) but I still see that as being Morelos in the summer. He's been itching for a move for a while and after 55 seems a good time for that to happen. Especially as we have invested in improving the front 3 to cover that event. I'd be wanting to get Kamara signed up to a long term contract. He seems happy, he's young, he's not been angling for a move and he's getting better and better. The Champions League will be brilliant for him. I really hope we keep him. Davis will play less next season, inevitably. Jack/Arfield are potential injury concerns. Zungu still has to show he's good enough long term (flashes of decency but I'm on the fence with him thus far). So I'd want to keep Kamara, build our midfield around him, and look elsewhere to bring the cash in.

Let’s look at his starts. Poznan away he was very good and first half vs St smirren in the Cup he was the best player on the park before the whole team tuned crap. We get it, you had your mind up the second we were linked.

EDIT: That’s not me saying zungu will be superb for us or we should sign at this moment but you’re being very harsh.

Good that we seem to be closing in on Scott Wright, he has potential to do well with Rangers working with our coaching team to improve his final ball and outcomes. Plenty of skill and pace to contribute. He's an exciting player on the ball.

Interesting debate on the need to revitalise the midfield after this season. I see plenty of posters assuming that we are likely to sell Kamara and therefore need to get another year out of Steven Davis. I beg to differ. Yes we likely need to cash in on one of our primary assets (sustainable way forward) but I still see that as being Morelos in the summer. He's been itching for a move for a while and after 55 seems a good time for that to happen. Especially as we have invested in improving the front 3 to cover that event. I'd be wanting to get Kamara signed up to a long term contract. He seems happy, he's young, he's not been angling for a move and he's getting better and better. The Champions League will be brilliant for him. I really hope we keep him. Davis will play less next season, inevitably. Jack/Arfield are potential injury concerns. Zungu still has to show he's good enough long term (flashes of decency but I'm on the fence with him thus far). So I'd want to keep Kamara, build our midfield around him, and look elsewhere to bring the cash in.
We should be building our midfield around Kamara and Aribo and doing all we can to hang on to both of them. Both of them have a lot more to give, particularly Aribo, who's still learning the role.

As much as I want to agree with you money talks mate,and we're likely to get offered a lot of it when he has a successful euros.

Lundstram and another midfielder of similar quality probably required in the summer if Kamara does go,not an easy task by any means.

And he's not looked anything near rotten in that time.

I don't think he has been rotten. As I mentioned in an earlier post he had a really good game away in Poznan.

I may be wrong but I feel there seems a reticence to give him a start and I can't help but feel this followed the defeat to St Mirren. Too many he seemed to be looked upon as the replacement to Davis and as such would allow us to rest Steven here and there during our busy schedule. Well Davis has started every game since that shock defeat.

If we can't trust a £3m player to start against what many of our own fans call the "jobbers" in our league then you would have to say it raises doubts on making the signing permanent.

As much as I want to agree with you money talks mate,and we're likely to get offered a lot of it when he has a successful euros.

Lundstram and another midfielder of similar quality probably required in the summer if Kamara does go,not an easy task by any means.
Lundstram is obviously decent but can’t help but feel there is better players than him out there on the continent who we can afford.

There are certain things Kamara has been doing in the last 2-3 months that makes me think he will add ANOTHER dimension to his game.

On that basis I’d fight to keep him too.

Lundstram is obviously decent but can’t help but feel there is better players than him out there on the continent who we can afford.
I'd hope so mate,and I do think if we sell Kamara and Alfie a decent chunk will be given to replace them.

The ability of Ross Wilson and the coaching staff has me very excited already about any possible replacement,the way they've helped improve the likes of Jack and Kamara(the coaches obv) should not be underestimated either.

These are very exciting times mate,it's difficult for me not to get carried away I have to admit.

Steven Lawless (good bear) signing for Motherwell, surprised he’s coming up the road so soon.

Was probably Livy’s best player last season think he had 20ish G+A in 38 games, seems a cracking guy too.

Good signing for them, a bear in charge & a bear on the pitch.

Back