The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Max Meyer has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent.

Possibility?

We should absolutely take a look. I wasnt impressed with him at Palace, but he looked an excellent prospect before he went. I think he would be far better in our possession based system with a bit of creative freedom. He would need to improve his off ball work ethic though.

80-DF46-D4-F75-E-481-D-83-E8-5833-FB4-CAA16.png

Hahahahah
did this guy went mental when sheeps got McCrorie I wonder

Not saying it’s true, but when you acquire players like this on a Bosman, they usually request you incorporate their transfer value into their contract.

On a lesser scale, although we only paid £300k for Aribo, the deal works out at £2m roughly.

——————

Anyway, I don’t think there is a chance in hell we go for Max Meyer.

Scott Wright was Aberdeen’s best player today & Kyle Joseph scored again for Wigan.
He was , then again ... lol

when does the window close , can see us pushing for OoC signings ahead of that just in case the current club want to do a deal for immediate moves .

Last edited:
I can’t help but think that if/when we win 55, it will see us adopt a totally different outlook on transfers etc.
I’m delighted to read about Kelly’s performances at Ross County. Wouldn’t it be great to see him take the place of Zungu (and save £3m).

I can’t help but think that if/when we win 55, it will see us adopt a totally different outlook on transfers etc.
I’m delighted to read about Kelly’s performances at Ross County. Wouldn’t it be great to see him take the place of Zungu (and save £3m).
Could well happen but if we make UCL group stages you could argue we may need a higher calibre of player for some positions

People are claiming he is County’s best player. Would he be starting on the bench if that was the case? We need better than what we currently have moving forward and as much as I’d love an academy graduate to make the grade, it’s extremely unlikely.

People are claiming he is County’s best player. Would he be starting on the bench if that was the case? We need better than what we currently have moving forward and as much as I’d love an academy graduate to make the grade, it’s extremely unlikely.
Wtf you talking about he just played 5 games on the trot before getting a rest yesterday.

He was on the bench when he signed, done his time & forced his way into the starting 11.

Him, along with Paton have been their best players this season, by quite a distance.

I'll be very surprised if we signed Zungu permanently I think he lacks mobility many times he has came off the bench and has looked way off the pace.

Wtf you talking about he just played 5 games on the trot before getting a rest yesterday.
I don’t watch them strangely enough and noticed he was on the bench. Not for the first time when I’ve looked at their line up.

Whether he is or isn’t their best player the question still stands as making our midfield is a very big step up.

He's started 5 of their last 6 matches mate and been on the pitch for all bar 6 minutes of those 5 starts. In fact since his first start in October he's started every game bar the Rangers one, for obvious reasons, and 2 others, including yesterday. That's 9/12 games and he was on for the full match in 8 of them. No idea what the score was yesterday - tactical, minor injury, poor form. Who knows? Not me.

Last edited:
I don’t watch them strangely enough and noticed he was on the bench. Not for the first time when I’ve looked at their line up.

Whether he is or isn’t their best player the question still stands that making our midfield is a very big step up.
He’s 20 and isn’t going to play every week at the moment, he’s been involved in 18 out of 24 games this season. If you aren’t sure of facts or how he has been playing etc then why would you comment? Bizarre.

He’s 20 and isn’t going to play every week at the moment, he’s been involved in 18 out of 24 games this season. If you aren’t sure of facts or how he has been playing etc then why would you comment? Bizarre.

I didn’t say he wasn’t their best player mate I was questioning the fact he wasn’t included for a big game. Not bizzare in the slightest.

Honestly I would love him to come back and contribute but there are a lot of variables that will affect that.

One that was a hot rumour back in the summer was Lundstrum on a pre contract that's went very quiet ?
Poster, a few pages back said that we’ve made contact with his agent. The poster did say his neighbour was a Sheff player, so potentially at it :))

Back