Official The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
He looks great and good use of both feet, do NK Rijeka play in the Croatia top flight?
Yes, think they are top just now.

Aberdeen beat them in Europe a few years ago, they beat Hibs in Europe earlier this season (was a draw until Hibs got a man sent off)

BEAR12

If anyone is coming in it’s going to be late. January is a terrible month for transfers as clubs hold out for bigger fees and very rarely let someone go unless they have signed a replacement. Whilst IMO we do need an out and out right winger I don’t think it would be a disaster if no one comes in. Aribo coming home early is like a new signing and has already injected the fear into them. I have full belief in Gio and the rest of the back room team no matter what happens.

Coplandbear

If anyone is coming in it’s going to be late. January is a terrible month for transfers as clubs hold out for bigger fees and very rarely let someone go unless they have signed a replacement. Whilst IMO we do need an out and out right winger I don’t think it would be a disaster if no one comes in. Aribo coming home early is like a new signing and has already injected the fear into them. I have full belief in Gio and the rest of the back room team no matter what happens.
It's an area we haven't really strengthened properly in quite sometime.

You could also say that about the midfield.

Another transfer window and it's the same concerns we all know need badly addressed.

Andrew webb

The chance that Andreas Skov Olsen will go to the Jupiler Pro League seems to be very high. He was no longer drafted at Bologna. Bologna lost 2-1 to Verona in Serie A. Trainer Mihajlovic no longer drafted Andreas Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks, two international transfer targets.

"These are two players who are no longer happy here at Bologna and therefore have to leave," he said of the fact that the two did not play. "I can't have people on the team who retreat in times of need," he said.

Olsen is very close to a deal with Club Brugge. The final details of the deal worth around 5 million euros would be handled.

All I could find from today. As ever who knows reliability etc.
Is that Union flag made up by fans in photo.
Looks good

Shota

It’s beginning to look a lot like crumbs from the table again for us in terms of this window. I don’t think we need much but I’ll be aghast if we don’t sign a RW with pace.
Doesn’t even need to be a extremely pacy winger. Ideally want someone with a great output.

I think we will keek ourselves later on this week and we will see someone in. Staying realistic I could see Souttar, quality RW and a Bassey style deal at RB.

Dreamland would be them 3 plus ‘deadwood’ removed and a centre midfielder signed on a loan to buy effort. Plus Doekhi on a pre contract (although that doesn’t need to be done this window).

Andrew webb

Getting slightly concerned at the lack of activity.

We need to reinvest in the squad if we are going to sell players for the value we have done with Patterson. That was the model we were told would be adopted. There are areas where there is weakness and single points of success.

A RW and a No. 8 are required asap
Well said

BEAR12

It's an area we haven't really strengthened properly in quite sometime.

You could also say that about the midfield.

Another transfer window and it's the same concerns we all know need badly addressed.
Completely agree with everything you’ve said, just think it boils down to the fact January is a nightmare of a window to sign people unless ooc or clubs needing to offload. There will be targets in mind it’s just securing them for the right money will be the issue I think.

bkerr72

We also have a squad of 28 players as it stands which is far too many and that's before you consider the youngsters like Alex Lowry. Ideally we would be able to shift a few of them on but that requires offers being received for them and players wanting to go.

The squad as it stands is strong enough to get the job done I'm not buying into the theory that's slipping in that the squad is poor. A right winger and another box to box type midfielder would be good but at the same time Gio has said many times that he's happy with what he's got so who knows.

Sam Minella

I have no doubt there is things going on behind the scenes.

There is no point in bringing anyone in for the sake of it. Unfortunately January is a difficult time in the season to bring people in (or shift people out). I am sure we are trying!

However, players do become available towards the end of the window and we might be just holding on until then, but it is frustrating that we haven't managed to bring anyone in sooner.

I still think we will see a new face in but I am slightly worried we will all be a bit underwhelmed by them!

pandager1

Any news on Skov Olsen potentially going to Club Brugge?

I see the P&J reported that Bologna tabled a bid for Aberdeen's Ramsay for £3m+

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
Does he? It’s his ability to beat a man that’s stood out to me.
Aye, Ramsay’s crossing is very good 6/7 assists this season I’m sure whilst Hickey hasn’t registered one in two seasons.

(I just noticed my post had a grammar error in it, which may have made you misunderstand what I meant)

ricksen24

Hopefully.

Doubt Bologna would pay that though.

He’d be brilliant in their system, unlike Hickey he has a really good final ball.

From what ive seen of him the final ball is all he has

He seems to be very poor defensively and Aberdeen clearly made a point of having players help him through our game the one time kent got a go at him one v one he landed on his back side

Seems a big fee for someone so raw

Manhattan_Loyalist

I wanted Veerman and I want Olson, however, I'll be delighted when he finally signs for Brugge and we've successfully moved on from the two of them and found our next target to obsess over and go on big mad emotional rides hitting refresh and checking out the amount of followers a foreign Twitter user has

Opta

From what ive seen of him the final ball is all he has

He seems to be very poor defensively and Aberdeen clearly made a point of having players help him through our game the one time kent got a go at him one v one he landed on his back side

Seems a big fee for someone so raw
I thought he was very good defensively against us.

Rodney Wallace

Can we agree to stop bringing up Skov Olsen? Not happening and there’s been no suggestion it was genuine anyway.

Add it to the list:

Skov Olsen
Lewis Ferguson
mentally challenged squad analysis
600k for Souttar
Caskies hard drive database

Plenty more could be added....

cuecard1872

I thought alot of championship clubs could pay more than us?
Oh, they can. Money is crazy down there even at that level. I just think Goldson is a better player than the Championship - if both teams stay in that division. I would be surprised if he left us to go and play at that level but who knows?