Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it go mate he’s gone. Don’t let the Veerman situation repeat itself lol.

If Brugge hadn’t come in for him I’d probably have that same feeling but by all accounts the deal with Brugge is close. He’ll either go there or stay at Bologna.

I’m not bothered if we sign him and would in honesty prefer we went in another direction.

I’ve just had a feeling about this one for a while but it’s the last I’ll say on it :cool:

Hope that link worked

eh? It’s showing you there are fast, skillfull players out there who we could get. It was also keenly talked about by other posters in the last thread. Are we only now to talk about players we have actually signed?

No but videos of random players no one knows or we are even interested in is just daft. No one is remotely interested in seeing it.

For me, this will become the first big test of Ross Wilson and the recruitment team.
We have to bring in someone who will need to contribute immediately.
I have no idea what his plan is, but it would possibly make sense to go for a high quality loan who is excess to requirements at a major club and will be up to speed.
There may be a loan fee but it will be less than a transfer fee and although the wages might be high, it will only be for four or five months.
There must be a lot of good young players who would fancy a crack at winning a title who are not getting a look in with their teams in the top five leagues.

The same board who have bankrolled us this far and built the club from nothing to where we are today. A bit premature for the board can get to %^*& patter mate.

We need signings, I agree. A RW and attacking midfielder is glaringly obvious but lets keep calm and see what happens over the coming days.
We have just raised £12m on a player and £7m on a management team.

I absolutely appreciate what the board have done but it’s almost 3 years since we signed anyone who is a starter and that is simply not acceptable.

We invest a fortune in the team too, so if we are let down, the board absolutely deserve the flak.

Imagine leaving us to play for 1 of them.

No European football.
No 50000 home fans every 2nd week.
No competing for trophies.

Playing championship football at the peak of your career when you could play for one of the biggest names in the UK and a big name in Europe.
Footballs a short career mate . He’s reaching 30 years old so this is his kinda last chance at making some serious money . He’s gave his all and helped us won 55 . So I think the least thing we can do it’s thank him and respect his decision on his future

Bronckhorst
“We are looking to add a player, to the squad, but as I said before he has to be a player who we think is right, you don’t want to get players in to just make up the numbers. We are defo looking to add a player in the coming days”
It absolutely has to be a high-calibre attacking midfielder. Someone coming on loan will no suffice. We need someone who is fighting for a place and wants to be here.

I mean his general demeanour. Doesn't seem to have a nasty streak in him like Gerrard did.

True, but may world class players have completely failed as managers as they're not cut out for it. Not saying that's Gio btw, but the point stands. Good player ≠ good manager.

He has already won Feyenoord their only league title in decades.

My point on the level he’s played was that you don’t get that far in football without being ruthless and ultra competitive.

Your acting like we haven't watched him play. He's not near good enough.
I can guarantee you he’ll score a barrel load for us if gio has him playing through the middle . Gerrard used to have I’m. Playing all over the joint and he’s no that type of striker . He’s more of a kris Boyd type striker except he has so much more technicality in his game . I honestly that’s if he gets a run of starts upfront he’ll score more than Alfie

Just shows you how quiet we keep our affairs. Gio saying we'll be bringing someone in, which we must surely already have identified. Yet it's not been leaked at all.

Does Ross Wilson just not care about this thread at all? Shocking behaviour.

I'm absolutely willing us to pull something out the bag, having said that I'm confident going forward with the squad we have. The "competition" across the city fears me none

Simpson, Bacuna, Lundstram, Barker should all be nowhere near the club by this point in January, yet all remain.

We should have signed at the very least, RB cover and a quality RW by now, yet haven’t.

We ideally also require a good quality number 8 and a genuine competitor for the number 10 role.

Ross Wilson might well be a great speaker and doing a lot of good work behind the scenes but he’s having an absolute shocker of a January window so far.
Hard to argue with this tbh.

Simpson, Bacuna, Lundstram, Barker should all be nowhere near the club by this point in January, yet all remain.

We should have signed at the very least, RB cover and a quality RW by now, yet haven’t.

We ideally also require a good quality number 8 and a genuine competitor for the number 10 role.

Ross Wilson might well be a great speaker and doing a lot of good work behind the scenes but he’s having an absolute shocker of a January window so far.
Captain negativity swooping in to save spoil the day, once more.

Footballs a short career mate . He’s reaching 30 years old so this is his kinda last chance at making some serious money . He’s gave his all and helped us won 55 . So I think the least thing we can do it’s thank him and respect his decision on his future

He’s already making serious money and he’s not earning much more at a Championship club. There are plenty of premier league players earning less than he’s (allegedly) asking for.

Hard to argue with this tbh.
People seem to be in a blind panic. I want someone too but if we cannot get a bona fidey quality player in who will enhance the first team then I would much rather promote wee Weston, big lowery to the first team matchday 18 and go with what we have. There is literally no point signing a slow winger or someone short term who will just take up space just because we can.

I think this is exactly the reason.
Some of the apparent deadwood are on around four year plus contracts and not in a hurry to go anywhere.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone like Simpson or Barker.
You are on very good money, go to work in fantastic facilities every day and know that a move elsewhere is likely to be a step down.
Football might be a short career, but if you’ve reached your pinnacle in terms of potential earnings, you will want to stay there as long as you can.
You have got the right to turn down a move if you don’t fancy it.
I would be surprised if we had no offers for Simpson at least but he may well have declined a move.
Clearly the same with Lundstram although he is nearer the first team than the others.
He is apparently the highest earner and will be in no hurry to change that status.
We would have to be very fortunate for a championship team to come in and at least match his wages.
Absolutely crazy scenario and maybe that's why we seem a wee bit more reluctant to go out and bring any more players in,in fairness to RW I'm sure he'd have sorted that out in terms of players coming in, Lundstrum is mystifying to me,I'd see the point if he was a game changer,he isn't and if performance related pay is anything to go by,then the supporters are due a rebate. Lessons must be learned from here on in,that any players coming in should be better if not in a par with the first eleven.

I mean his general demeanour. Doesn't seem to have a nasty streak in him like Gerrard did.

True, but may world class players have completely failed as managers as they're not cut out for it. Not saying that's Gio btw, but the point stands. Good player ≠ good manager.

He takes absolutely no shit from anybody at training or on match days. Got the respect of everybody.

That comes from a player.

He takes absolutely no shit from anybody at training or on match days. Got the respect of everybody.

That comes from a player.
You can tell that. He’s almost cold and calculated. It’s a job to him - the players either work his system or they are out. He believes in the systems of the game and the players who are part of it - are just that part of it. He is the mastermind behind it and he will be the type of person who will take full responsibility for things working or not because he is the manager and nobody else. He’s cool and calm when he speaks because he has an unbelievable belief in himself and what he is trying to achieve. Steven Gerrard was the face, Michael Beale was the tactician. Gio is both. Be under no illusions about the mr nice guy bit - he’s Dutch and didn’t get to be so successful without being driven and ruthless. Disrespect him at your Pearl.

I get the feeling the constant ‘close to signing for Brugge’ updates are agent work trying to encourage us to make a move.

I don’t doubt we have a serious interest but clearly aren’t entertaining Bologna’s valuation. Seemingly Brugge, or any other interested parties, aren’t either which helps our cause.
You must wonder how can he be so close to signing for so many days

Anyone who thinks we can just get rid of players we don’t need at the drop of a hat (with no bids incoming) and get all our dealings done to the benefit of rangers alone and discarding the players perspective is living in cloud cuckoo land
are you suggesting it's unrealistic that Wilson should be able to move Barker on for a tidy profit? B-D

I'm here for the chaos
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back