Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a resurrected thread and 122 pages of "anguish", Rangers delivered big time yesterday. I doubt we had more excitement in one day in recent history bar the SG appointment, grabbing 55 and securing Gio. What a day!

While you hate it as a fan, begging for any info out there, you just have to commend the club for keeping all four new signings essentially totally secret till they actually happened. Be that Sands, Diallo, Zukowski and then Ramsey.

Here`s what we got (and best wishe to those who left):

SIGNED in Winter 2020/21:

IN - James Sands - New York City, 21, CB, USA, ct till 2026 - LINK - TM - DONE DEAL (05 Jan)
IN - Cedric Itten - loan to Greuter Fürth cut short - LINK (12 Jan)
IN - Amad Diallo - 19, RW, Ivory Coast/Italy, 6-month loan, Manchester United - signed LINK - TM
IN - Mateusz Zukowski - Lech Gdansk, 20, RB, Poland, ct till 6/2022 - TM - DONE DEAL
IN - Aaron Ramsey - Juventus, 31, AM, Wales, ct till 6/2023 - loaned till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - DONE DEAL

Plus
IN - Pre-Contract - John Souttar - Heart of Midlothian, 25, CB, Scotland, 4-year deal - LINK (14 Jan)

Jon McLaughlin (34) - contract extension till 6/2024 -> LINK

Ramsey had covid only a few weeks ago so probably didn’t train much, think he’ll be on the bench on Wed even just to get a feel for things.

Even if we dont intend in playing him I would have him on the bench. As you say to get a feel of things.

Reactions: BWO
Not buckling to Hearts' demands is pleasing on two counts.

Firstly, we had a fee/value in mind and didn't spend for the sake of it.

That leads to the second point. We must be confident both Helander and Balogun will be back in the short term to add depth again to the position.

Also sends a message that we wont just give in to demands, when we have to negotiate the next one. I can see why Hearts want as much as possible, but a sell on fee on someone that is on a pre-contract, behave ffs.

Not buckling to Hearts' demands is pleasing on two counts.

Firstly, we had a fee/value in mind and didn't spend for the sake of it.

That leads to the second point. We must be confident both Helander and Balogun will be back in the short term to add depth again to the position.
This is what I’m really hoping and is the only reason I can imagine we didn’t go for it, but the fact neither have been in the past two squads is a slight worry.

He said it in his interview last night. I was hoping he would make the bench but not sure it's worth the risk.
My argument is, he's not match fit but he is fit.

He comes in and plays full games for wales all the time, last 4 Welsh games he's played 90+ minutes in three of them last one being late Nov.

For me he's on the bench with the Scotty starting, then we reasses later in the game.

Don't quite get the, he'll be ready Saturday but not Wednesday but it's not exactly my area of expertise and I wouldn't risk it if there's a significant chance of an injury.

However I suspect his full day today will no doubt be with the sports science dept, GVB may well throw a cat amongst the pigeons and bench him. Even just to disrupt their prep.

Regarding Ramseys match fitness or lack of I guess the coaching staff will get a better idea of his status after seeing him train. Given how late the deal went through last night will he be assessed or train today?

My argument is, he's not match fit but he is fit.

He comes in and plays full games for wales all the time, last 4 Welsh games he's played 90+ minutes in three of them last one being late Nov.

For me he's on the bench with the Scotty starting, then we reasses later in the game.

Don't quite get the, he'll be ready Saturday but not Wednesday but it's not exactly my area of expertise and I wouldn't risk it if there's a significant chance of an injury.

However I suspect his full day today will no doubt be with the sports science dept, GVB may well throw a cat amongst the pigeons and bench him. Even just to disrupt their prep.

It’s a tough one, I’d be happy him start and last 60 mins - same as roofe up front.

Neither should bomb but we can bring arfield on if he did.

Main concern would be if we aggravated an injury somehow

Regarding Ramseys match fitness or lack of I guess the coaching staff will get a better idea of his status after seeing him train. Given how late the deal went through last night will he be assessed or train today?
Gio said he was looking forward to seeing him in training today, not sure if that’s still the case.

AR mentioned there have been conversations and calls made between himself and Rangers coaching during the transfer negotiations so yeah they will have a benchmark .

I’ve also wondered given the systems in place at pro sports levels if the athletes have a data pack they can share with a prospective or new employer / coach . Seems sensible to me , almost like a athletic passport

Last edited:
Perhaps covid recovery has impacted his fitness level.

I'd still hope to see him on the bench at epast tomorrow.

He will be fitter than James McCarthy anyway

Perhaps covid recovery has impacted his fitness level.

I'd still hope to see him on the bench at epast tomorrow.

He will be fitter than James McCarthy anyway

I'm hoping it's more he's just signed and didn't want to give out the the impression he'd automatically start

I'd like to see him on the bench at least

Glad we didn’t overpay for Souttar tbh albeit it would have been good to have a natural CH for tomorrow beside Goldson

That said, Bassey is very quick and I can see that being crucial tomorrow for moving across to potentially cover/help Barisic given the likes of Abada / Jota with pace or with balls over the top

And yet there are some on the forum that still put Gordon Duncan under the Tim bracket. Utter nonsense, he's a fair and balanced host - who supports Motherwell.
I agree, I really like Gordon Duncan and find him also fair and balanced. I really don't see it as a Timfest. Most of the pundits on it as well have a Rangers background.

What a signing Wilson might turn out to be.
Some size of balls on that boy.
I mean at what point did he think %^*& it I’m just gonna call Juve and ask them to give us Ramsey on loan and can you also keep paying his wages.
When you read your post out loud it’s fucking mental that that’s exactly what’s happened , I’m actually laughing with joy, how the %^*& Wilson has pulled this off I’ll never know

Some of the patter on this thread yesterday I don't think will ever be beaten :D

Been on the fourm for nearly 20 years - yesterday has got to be up there with the funniest stuff I've seen on here

I was working all day but cap doffed to everyone involved. Amazing

It’s a tough one, I’d be happy him start and last 60 mins - same as roofe up front.

Neither should bomb but we can bring arfield on if he did.

Main concern would be if we aggravated an injury somehow
There is no way he should start. One training session after a late night signing?? Most I would hope for is he is on the bench to get amongst his team mates and bring him on for last ten minutes when we are three up and cruising….

There is no way he should start. One training session after a late night signing?? Most I would hope for is he is on the bench to get amongst his team mates and bring him on for last ten minutes when we are three up and cruising….
The fecker is getting £400k per week

Not only do I expect 90 minutes tomorrow, he should be driving the team bus and making the tea

I’ll miss this thread. Do think someone should make a highlight reel. Hear Raman is good with a camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back