Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is coming in it’s going to be late. January is a terrible month for transfers as clubs hold out for bigger fees and very rarely let someone go unless they have signed a replacement. Whilst IMO we do need an out and out right winger I don’t think it would be a disaster if no one comes in. Aribo coming home early is like a new signing and has already injected the fear into them. I have full belief in Gio and the rest of the back room team no matter what happens.
We also have a squad of 28 players as it stands which is far too many and that's before you consider the youngsters like Alex Lowry. Ideally we would be able to shift a few of them on but that requires offers being received for them and players wanting to go.

The squad as it stands is strong enough to get the job done I'm not buying into the theory that's slipping in that the squad is poor. A right winger and another box to box type midfielder would be good but at the same time Gio has said many times that he's happy with what he's got so who knows.

I have no doubt there is things going on behind the scenes.

There is no point in bringing anyone in for the sake of it. Unfortunately January is a difficult time in the season to bring people in (or shift people out). I am sure we are trying!

However, players do become available towards the end of the window and we might be just holding on until then, but it is frustrating that we haven't managed to bring anyone in sooner.

I still think we will see a new face in but I am slightly worried we will all be a bit underwhelmed by them!

Any news on Skov Olsen potentially going to Club Brugge?

I see the P&J reported that Bologna tabled a bid for Aberdeen's Ramsay for £3m+

Does he? It’s his ability to beat a man that’s stood out to me.
Aye, Ramsay’s crossing is very good 6/7 assists this season I’m sure whilst Hickey hasn’t registered one in two seasons.

(I just noticed my post had a grammar error in it, which may have made you misunderstand what I meant)

Hopefully.

Doubt Bologna would pay that though.

He’d be brilliant in their system, unlike Hickey he has a really good final ball.

From what ive seen of him the final ball is all he has

He seems to be very poor defensively and Aberdeen clearly made a point of having players help him through our game the one time kent got a go at him one v one he landed on his back side

Seems a big fee for someone so raw

From what ive seen of him the final ball is all he has

He seems to be very poor defensively and Aberdeen clearly made a point of having players help him through our game the one time kent got a go at him one v one he landed on his back side

Seems a big fee for someone so raw
I thought he was very good defensively against us.

Can we agree to stop bringing up Skov Olsen? Not happening and there’s been no suggestion it was genuine anyway.

Add it to the list:

Skov Olsen
Lewis Ferguson
mentally challenged squad analysis
600k for Souttar
Caskies hard drive database

Plenty more could be added....

I thought alot of championship clubs could pay more than us?
Oh, they can. Money is crazy down there even at that level. I just think Goldson is a better player than the Championship - if both teams stay in that division. I would be surprised if he left us to go and play at that level but who knows?

Serious questions would need to be asked of Ross Wilson if we again, fail to strengthen our first 11 in this window. The second window in a row we are seeing zero improvement at a very critical time.
I don't actually think that Ross Wilson is to blame here in fairness.

We have spent a lot of money this past 4-5 years when nothing was going right for us, and the financial gaps created by that are going to have to be bridged at some point.

I don't think we are by any means at the end of our recovery quite yet - we are going to have to see a return on some valuable assets before we can spend reasonable amounts. Nathan Patterson is only the start of this - and I think CL football this season would have changed that landscape but we fell at that hurdle.

However, I don't think our season hinges on our recruitment this month either, but I do understand why we are all frustrated and I include myself in that.

We don't know what exactly is going on behind the scenes too, for all we know we could have been or we currently are close to one or two coming in the door.

There is still a week to get something done, and that could quite well happen between now and the window closing.

Completely agree with everything you’ve said, just think it boils down to the fact January is a nightmare of a window to sign people unless ooc or clubs needing to offload. There will be targets in mind it’s just securing them for the right money will be the issue I think.
And that's the problem. Because of our stuttering form at the start of the season which SG couldn't resolve (and presumably as we failed to get in to CL, there was nae money available), followed by SG bailing, we're now left with trying to do lots of stuff in a January transfer window which just isn't possible.

Summer will be when big changes happen, so we just need to strengthen where we can. Even if we had money to burn, we'd struggle to spend it in January.

Serious questions would need to be asked of Ross Wilson if we again, fail to strengthen our first 11 in this window. The second window in a row we are seeing zero improvement at a very critical time.

What if Gio is happy to go with what he has as the right player isn’t available?

We are all big daft weans when it comes to transfers, but Gio in particular seems very relaxed about it all.

What if Gio is happy to with what he has as the right player isn’t available?

I would honestly be gutted. I feel we are crying out for a right sided attacker and have been for a while. None of our current squad play well enough on a consistent basis.

I understand our transfer analysts have lists of potential players for every position so if one is not available a player of equivalent quality should still be able to be found, surely?

I don't think you can blame Ross Wilson. He is doing not bad considering he obviously hasn't been given a penny to spend for 3 windows.

I doubt he is sitting on a pile of money thinking we don't need anyone.

What if Gio is happy to go with what he has as the right player isn’t available?

We are all big daft weans when it comes to transfers, but Gio in particular seems very relaxed about it all.
He can be relaxed, but it’s quite clear watching us in the way Gio plays that we’re short of quality on that right wing position. Failing to upgrade after getting a hefty sum of money for Patterson and gerrard would be very risky from the board considering what is at stake.

Right wing is one of our only weak positions in the squad, improve that this window and we will win the league at a canter imo. Don’t buy one and the league will be closer than it needs to be imo.

He’s hardly going to come out stating he’s unhappy etc.

It took Gerrard long enough before snapping this season when he made reference to having no money to spend on two occasions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back