Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nail on head.

These players are there with a chance that’s not been presented too often - a run of games in the team.

Time to step up and make an impact.
Just like big Bassey did.

We don’t need to be chasing & rushing a player through without doing proper ground work.

To be fair Gerrard has left the sqaud in reasonable shape & Wilson deserves credit too.

The summer time is when we should be doing big business regard transfers in & contracts renewed or players sold.

I agree we don’t want a player just for the sake of it Russell, however Aribo has found his optimum position behind Alfredo.

Also, if he plays right, which he absolutely can, who goes into that more central position ?

Wright ? I’m now having severe doubts about his mental strength to be a starter for Rangers. And especially at tough away venues eg Pittodrie last week.
that young boy simon at PSG plays the AMC role

I am surprised Gio hasnt been linked with anyone from his homeland as of yet for the RW position - would have thought there may have been potential in that league to add some quality (obviously people like Berghuis would have been way out of budget)

time yet i suppose.

Aribo was flying there under Gerrard at wide right & was our best player before Gio arrived. I totally agree he’s went to a different level under Gio but he could do it again under Gio on the right.

My first choice for wide right is Fashion just because we didn’t pay a fee for him doesn’t mean he can’t be our main man.

still do
Can assure you, the last thing any club thinks is that we are loaded.

Its heavily publicised that we run at a loss every year and rely on directors.
still doesn't want over the odds knowing we have bagged the transfer fees

I have faith in Gio as well as wilson if he doesn't add to squad he must have confidence in what he has, albeit things can happen quickly especially if we lose any of our key players

I would expect it is bank we sign someone TBH, it is almost needed at this moment in terms of how the club is representing it's self to Gio and the fans, let alone what is needed for the actual squad it's self.

Speculating, but I wonder given our use of the Bosman market if we might try to get someone like Gudmundsson in early from AZ for the RW position?

Muric as an AM has been mooted to us purely by the Croatian side as an option but they're clearly just trying to start a bidding war imo. His numbers are fantastic but I can't recall watching him at all, he could well be another Grezda for all I know.

I'm not convinced with the guy from Blackburn, if anything it's got another Lundstram in terms of cost versus suitability written all over it imo.

Aribo was flying there under Gerrard at wide right & was our best player before Gio arrived. I totally agree he’s went to a different level under Gio but he could do it again under Gio on the right.

My first choice for wide right is Fashion just because we didn’t pay a fee for him doesn’t mean he can’t be our main man.

Gerrard played with two 10s though, not out and out wingers like Gio likes to do.

Of the current options, it simply has to be Sakala and Kent either side of Alfie. Wright is not good enough. Sakala is an enigma but he at least provides a goal threat which Wright does not possess.

I would expect it is bank we sign someone TBH, it is almost needed at this moment in terms of how the club is representing it's self to Gio and the fans, let alone what is needed for the actual squad it's self.
I think it is because of the uncertainty with our own players thats raising the panic levels with our team as it stands if we keep our players would it be enough to win the league personally I would say yes, but its just the uncertainly what is going to happen

The management change I’d accept if we got off to a shocker but if anything, the results improved with the management change so that’s not a valid excuse for not winning the league

The management change I’d accept if we got off to a shocker but if anything, the results improved with the management change so that’s not a valid excuse for not winning the league
An excuse wft ...we will win the league! but you keep thinking worst case scenario so you can say I told you so if the worst happens

Gerrard played with two 10s though, not out and out wingers like Gio likes to do.

Of the current options, it simply has to be Sakala and Kent either side of Alfie. Wright is not good enough. Sakala is an enigma but he at least provides a goal threat which Wright does not possess.
And Gio evidently does not like Sakala at RW.

So its Wright as it stands.

In

In my opinion we have 3 very good options for wide right…Fashion, Wright & Aribo. Unless we have a great option in transfer window I wouldn’t be rushing to spend money like we did with Grezda.
Wright and Sakala are no where near good enough to be considered starters

Drop in quality from Aribo to those 2 is alarming. Need a quality player to play wide right and move Aribo in central

I agree we don’t want a player just for the sake of it Russell, however Aribo has found his optimum position behind Alfredo.

Also, if he plays right, which he absolutely can, who goes into that more central position ?

Wright ? I’m now having severe doubts about his mental strength to be a starter for Rangers. And especially at tough away venues eg Pittodrie last week.
I totally see your point on Wright he would be my last option as wide right.

Ya know who I think would be amazing as a number 10 & rip Sellick apart. Ryan Kent!!

A front 4 like this would tear them apart.

Roofe
Fashion. Kent. Aribo

Obviously the 3 guys could enter change often but I think Aribo hugging touchline & coming inside on his left foot would cause Starfish big problems.

This is only my opinion, Kent can go with either left or right foot so he’s unplayable on the transition Vrs them.

As mentioned before unless we have a target that we’ve looked at & scouting long term it’s foolish spending money at this moment time. Only my opinion.

Still expect Souttar and one other to be at Ibrox in the coming days. Maybe even a 3rd signing on loan.

Not panicked whatsoever.

My thought on that third guy on loan is an athletic box to box type given Arfield’s lack of reliability PB, and especially with Hagi now out.

Hopefully there’s an option at an English Premiership club who needs games we can get for the rest of the season ?

Do you think something different skill wise & positionally ?

What a massive few days for the club. I’ll hold off until the end of the window before making any judgement of how successful it’s been.

It’s great that nothing gets out now but so frustrating at the same time!!

2 attacking players needed!

This is what I've been saying for a while. We've probably not been able to get our top target for various reasons, or have went too far down the list. Just going out and spending money doesn't guarantee anything, it has to be the right fit. We've got plenty of squad fillers.
I want us to sign someone as much as anyone, but I'd rather we bide our time and sign someone of genuine quality that will have their direct competitor sweating about keeping the jersey. We have a massive first team squad as it is, I actually forgot Barker was with us until he came on against Stirling.

I totally see your point on Wright he would be my last option as wide right.

Ya know who I think would be amazing as a number 10 & rip Sellick apart. Ryan Kent!!

A front 4 like this would tear them apart.

Roofe
Fashion. Kent. Aribo

Obviously the 3 guys could enter change often but I think Aribo hugging touchline & coming inside on his left foot would cause Starfish big problems.

This is only my opinion, Kent can go with either left or right foot so he’s unplayable on the transition Vrs them.

As mentioned before unless we have a target that we’ve looked at & scouting long term it’s foolish spending money at this moment time. Only my opinion.
Honestly man.

Please stop suggesting move the best player in the league out of position.

Please. I beg.

Moving Aribo would mean we lose one of his biggest attributes in the middle of the park which is ball retention and dispossession of opposition players. Of course Aribo can play wide right and would probably still be our standout player there but we would lose a big cog in our midfield as a result. It would mean we would have to play Bacuna or Arfield in the central number 10 position.

We simply need to bring in another winger.

Right now I our RW options are Sakala, Wright, Lowry and Barker. Sakala is already the deputy for Kent at LW anyway. There’s no where near enough quality there IMO, nor depth as we need to contingency plan for Kent getting injured which happens fairly regularly too.

was it not reported today the boy is unhappy when he was on the bench when they were 4-0 up and did not get game time and with him being dutch you never know

A loan until summer is not beyond the realms of possibility but extremely unlikely. Think the boy would be happy to come if he was getting game time.

He’s ooc in the summer so would likely depend on his long term contract situation being resolved. If he leaves PSG he’ll probably end up at Ajax or Barca.

My thought on that third guy on loan is an athletic box to box type given Arfield’s lack of reliability PB, and especially with Hagi now out.

Hopefully there’s an option at an English Premiership club who needs games we can get for the rest of the season ?

Do you think something different skill wise & positionally ?

That's how I see it, bud. From listening to Gio, it appears we've been targeting a specific player for some time. Someone already familiar to Wilson who will probably set us back a few million. There'll be plans in place if ASO is unattainable.

The loan market will open up in the coming days and perhaps this signing will be more of a punt. But with five subs now available and Europe still to play for, I just don't see us not bringing in cover for Hagi.

I get the impression we're not far off with Souttar either. Let's see what happens after tomorrow's card of games.

Just my gut feeling.

That's how I see it, bud. From listening to Gio, it appears we've been targeting a specific player for some time. Someone already familiar to Wilson who will probably set us back a few million. There'll be plans in place if ASO is unattainable.

The loan market will open up in the coming days and perhaps this signing will be more of a punt. But with five subs now available and Europe still to play for, I just don't see us not bringing in cover for Hagi.

I get the impression we're not far off with Souttar either. Let's see what happens after tomorrow's card of games.

Just my gut feeling.

Sounds hopeful PB, I’ll buy that.

A loan until summer is not beyond the realms of possibility but extremely unlikely. Think the boy would be happy to come if he was getting game time.

He’s ooc in the summer so would likely depend on his long term contract situation being resolved. If he leaves PSG he’ll probably end up at Ajax or Barca.
unless he comes here on loan would suit me but if young boy came in and performed and feel the love from our support who knows we have heard from experienced players once they come here and find it unbelievable

Just my gut feeling.
I’m really hoping it’s wee adoo

unless he comes here on loan would suit me but if young boy came in and performed and feel the love from our support who knows we have heard from experienced players once they come here and find it unbelievable

He’s made it clear he wants to play men’s football and isn’t interested in being wrapped in cotton wool.

Seems to have the right attitude, a bit of physicality and real talent so I think it would be a great fit for both parties.

Haven't caught the daily update or the presser yet, but just heard Hagi is out for the season. That's a massive blow. Potentially we need to be looking at 2 for RW now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back