Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that the club won't make a panic buy now to replace Hagi and that this is something they've always had in the back of their minds.

Our team is looking weaker since the window opened.

With the Patterson deal going through I expected more movement.

At least expect Souttar and a Attacking Midfielder in now.

We can't let slip and become complacent of our position and the champions league place.

Still a few days left but getting worried.

Interesting few days ahead probably a left field signing coming in the last day would be my guess. Hopefully a RW who can contribute from the get go.

Hope that the club won't make a panic buy now to replace Hagi and that this is something they've always had in the back of their minds.
We keep hearing we have a list of targets for every position and are always ready when the time comes well that's NOW.

It's time for Ross Wilson to deliver us a quality addition to go straight into the team anything else is a bonus.

It's a whole other thread I suppose, but I'd be tempted with the way Gio wants us to play to have Kent wide right and Sakala wide left, as the squad stands.

We'll see how we look this time next week I suppose!

Reactions: cav
That's how I see it, bud. From listening to Gio, it appears we've been targeting a specific player for some time. Someone already familiar to Wilson who will probably set us back a few million. There'll be plans in place if ASO is unattainable.

The loan market will open up in the coming days and perhaps this signing will be more of a punt. But with five subs now available and Europe still to play for, I just don't see us not bringing in cover for Hagi.

I get the impression we're not far off with Souttar either. Let's see what happens after tomorrow's card of games.

Just my gut feeling.
Probably correct. Clubs may be willing to take a lower fee also toward end of window if no other takers

Hopefully we don't rush into loan deals that will hinder rather than help. A week to go and panic might set in and we take a gamble on an inconsistent player who shows sign of talent but ultimately won't add quality.

Overly optimistic and hoping we have 6m to spend on 2 players or a loan and a decent splash of cash on another 4 or 5m player.

But right now our squad is breaking even, Patterson out and Sands in. So I'll be disappointed if nobody is added on the attacking front.

No because he’s hopeless a goal against Stirling Albion doesn’t change that he was chronic for most of the game he’s scored something like 3 goals in 40 odd games that’s no where near the calibre of player we need.
Off the top of my head he got 2 in the Europa league and 3 against Motherwell so you’ve got that wrong… , it’s also harsh to say 40 odd appearances when the vast majority were cameos off the bench and I also don’t think he made 40 , I’m not saying he’s the answer but he’s not as poor as sone people make out otherwise he’d be nowhere near that Swiss national team, was also a top performer in pre season for us some may forget

Probably correct. Clubs may be willing to take a lower fee also toward end of window if no other takers
True if it's someone the club is wanting rid of because they don't play often or are performing poorly, like Hagi two years ago. If they are in good form this season then the price will be even higher.

Hopefully we don't rush into loan deals that will hinder rather than help. A week to go and panic might set in and we take a gamble on an inconsistent player who shows sign of talent but ultimately won't add quality.

Overly optimistic and hoping we have 6m to spend on 2 players or a loan and a decent splash of cash on another 4 or 5m player.

But right now our squad is breaking even, Patterson out and Sands in. So I'll be disappointed if nobody is added on the attacking front.
Do you think our bloated squad is the reason for our lack of incomings ?

Still far too many on our books and our squad is still far too big imo.

With Gio saying we are definitely looking to add another player hopefully we get some good news soon.

Really need to start getting the non-contributors out the club so that incomings are easier, we have far too many.

Bizarre how often we get told that transfer rumours are just made up by the press for the clicks and they’ve stopped doing it when we are absolutely desperate to click.

Simpson, Bacuna, Lundstram, Barker should all be nowhere near the club by this point in January, yet all remain.

We should have signed at the very least, RB cover and a quality RW by now, yet haven’t.

We ideally also require a good quality number 8 and a genuine competitor for the number 10 role.

Ross Wilson might well be a great speaker and doing a lot of good work behind the scenes but he’s having an absolute shocker of a January window so far.

Off the top of my head he got 2 in the Europa league and 3 against Motherwell so you’ve got that wrong… , it’s also harsh to say 40 odd appearances when the vast majority were cameos off the bench and I also don’t think he made 40 , I’m not saying he’s the answer but he’s not as poor as sone people make out otherwise he’d be nowhere near that Swiss national team, was also a top performer in pre season for us some may forget
Your acting like we haven't watched him play. He's not near good enough.

I think this is exactly the reason.
Some of the apparent deadwood are on around four year plus contracts and not in a hurry to go anywhere.
Put yourself in the shoes of someone like Simpson or Barker.
You are on very good money, go to work in fantastic facilities every day and know that a move elsewhere is likely to be a step down.
Football might be a short career, but if you’ve reached your pinnacle in terms of potential earnings, you will want to stay there as long as you can.
You have got the right to turn down a move if you don’t fancy it.
I would be surprised if we had no offers for Simpson at least but he may well have declined a move.
Clearly the same with Lundstram although he is nearer the first team than the others.
He is apparently the highest earner and will be in no hurry to change that status.
We would have to be very fortunate for a championship team to come in and at least match his wages.

It's a whole other thread I suppose, but I'd be tempted with the way Gio wants us to play to have Kent wide right and Sakala wide left, as the squad stands.

We'll see how we look this time next week I suppose!
Actually posted in another thread (before Hagi got injured) I think that would work really well and would allow directness with quality on both flanks.

Kent would still still have the ability to go both ways, and Sakala is more suited to the left than the right side.

Still need a body though.

Maybe giving him the chance to actually play against them before deciding that he is too nice to beat them would be an idea?

BTW you don’t compete at the level he did throughout his career by being anyones mug.

I mean his general demeanour. Doesn't seem to have a nasty streak in him like Gerrard did.

True, but may world class players have completely failed as managers as they're not cut out for it. Not saying that's Gio btw, but the point stands. Good player ≠ good manager.

I have a strong feeling we’ll sign Skov Olsen and said as much weeks ago.

No way are we paying £7.5m but think we’ll get something agreed.

He’s training on his own to try and force a move and think he’d come here over Brugge tbh.

He’s training on his own to try and force a move and think he’d come here over Brugge tbh.

Gotta be honest, I think if it's a straight choice he'd prefer Brugge in that case, but I don't think we'll be in the running for him.

Even though his preferred destination is Bruges and they are in negotiations with Bologna?

It’s Wilson’s job to get rid of those who aren’t contributing. He’s failing in this window.

There's never been an easy market for "never made it at Rangers" players.

Add in the fact more money has went out of the game than ever before these last 18 months and it's a bit harsh to say he's failing.

In the not too distant past we wouldn't have got fees for guys like Grezda, Edmundson and Jones

Actually posted in another thread (before Hagi got injured) I think that would work really well and would allow directness with quality on both flanks.

Kent would still still have the ability to go both ways, and Sakala is more suited to the left than the right side.

Still need a body though.

I've been saying it for ages

Sakala is at his best on the left, why not play Kent on the right,he's 2 footed,comfortable cutting in on his left and might even be more direct hitting the bye line on the right

Not glamourous enough as a 5 million signing though

The easy solution is there with one of Alfie,Itten or Roofe through the middle

Gotta be honest, I think if it's a straight choice he'd prefer Brugge in that case, but I don't think we'll be in the running for him.

I get the feeling the constant ‘close to signing for Brugge’ updates are agent work trying to encourage us to make a move.

I don’t doubt we have a serious interest but clearly aren’t entertaining Bologna’s valuation. Seemingly Brugge, or any other interested parties, aren’t either which helps our cause.

Definitely too bloated and the mental thing is by Summer we could be squad bare.

8 OOC players and some players might be bought.

Lots of outgoings and incomings. It'll be our biggest rebuild since Gerrard first arrived.

I get the feeling the constant ‘close to signing for Brugge’ updates are agent work trying to encourage us to make a move.

I don’t doubt we have a serious interest but clearly aren’t entertaining Bologna’s valuation. Seemingly Brugge, or any other interested parties, aren’t either which helps our cause.
His agent was in Bologna today apparently for talks.

The Brugge deal isn't as far along as it's made out to be.

I mean his general demeanour. Doesn't seem to have a nasty streak in him like Gerrard did.

True, but may world class players have completely failed as managers as they're not cut out for it. Not saying that's Gio btw, but the point stands. Good player ≠ good manager.
I think you forget that GVB won the Erevidsie for Feyenoord for the first time in a decade against an Ajax team that made a UCL champions league semifinal.
He clearly knows how to win tight title battles.

Let it go mate he’s gone. Don’t let the Veerman situation repeat itself lol.

If Brugge hadn’t come in for him I’d probably have that same feeling but by all accounts the deal with Brugge is close. He’ll either go there or stay at Bologna.

Hope that link worked
What's this got to do with anything?
eh? It’s showing you there are fast, skillfull players out there who we could get. It was also keenly talked about by other posters in the last thread. Are we only now to talk about players we have actually signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back