Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to sign Skov Olsen it is almost unforgiveable Itten was given the number 11 IMO, whoever made that decision should have their role under review.
Yep, Ross Wilson and Stewart Robertson really dropped the ball there. It’s almost a disciplinary action and I for one will never forgive them.

Something was mentioned on Skysports about any non Uk players brought into Britain would need to be registered 48 hrs before deadline due to Brexit.
I don’t think that is the case. We would just need to be confident that any signing would get a work permit and then we could sign them right up until the deadline. Someone like Skov Olsen would have no issue in getting a permit, and generally in Scotland it’s pretty straightforward for anyone to get one.

Something was mentioned on Skysports about any non Uk players brought into Britain would need to be registered 48 hrs before deadline due to Brexit.
I thought they could still be registered afterwards as long as the relevant FA is notified, if not we really need to get our finger out.

Birmingham City are closing in on a deal for Rangers midfielder Juninho Bacuna.

The Blues are keen on giving the Dutchman a return to the English Championship.

Birmingham are unable, as it stands, to cover what Bacuna is on at Rangers but an agreement looks likely to be struck.

The Dutchman moved to Rangers from Huddersfield in August but has struggled for first-team football.

Steven Gerrard signed him but he hasn’t had a lot of game time under his successor, Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

His fellow Dutchman is now set to allow him to leave.

From the Record.

Birmingham are unable, as it stands, to cover what Bacuna is on at Rangers but an agreement looks likely to be struck.

The Dutchman moved to Rangers from Huddersfield in August but has struggled for first-team football.

Steven Gerrard signed him but he hasn’t had a lot of game time under his successor, Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

From the Record.

What an utterly horrific transfer - who'd have seen this coming eh ?

Juninho Bacuna set for Rangers exit as Birmingham City near agreement for Dutch midfielder​

Gio van Bronckhorst is open to allowing Bacuna to return to the English Championship in this window.

Bacuna netted his only Rangers goal in a win over Ross County in November and has made 12 appearances since being signed by Gerrard.

It would be a return to the second tier of English football for the Curacao internationalist having joined from Huddersfield Town five months ago.

From the Record.
This would be fantastic to get him off the books.

Doesn’t threaten first team whatsoever.

We need guys who are bonafide starting players.

From the Record.
'cover what Bacuna is on'

Loan?

I’ll buck the trend and say I’m disappointed and alarmed at that Bacuna news. Surely to %^*& this means we are bringing in two attacking players? Maybe Lowry has jumped Bacuna in the pecking order. Either way we need fucking players in urgently now.

This would be fantastic to get him off the books.

Doesn’t threaten first team whatsoever.

We need guys who are bonafide starting players.

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Lowry have now jumped ahead of him in the first team squad.
He's had some ok moments, but looks totally unsuited to Scottish football. He's not a player you'd want to see starting at the Piggery or Pittodrie for example.

I’ll buck the trend and say I’m disappointed and alarmed at that Bacuna news. Surely to %^*& this means we are bringing in two attacking players? Maybe Lowry has jumped Bacuna in the pecking order. Either way we need fucking players in urgently now.
We weren't even going to start Lowry against Stirling Albion.

He'll be lucky to make 5 apps the rest of the season.

Juninho Bacuna set for Rangers exit as Birmingham City near agreement for Dutch midfielder​

Gio van Bronckhorst is open to allowing Bacuna to return to the English Championship in this window.

Bacuna netted his only Rangers goal in a win over Ross County in November and has made 12 appearances since being signed by Gerrard.

It would be a return to the second tier of English football for the Curacao internationalist having joined from Huddersfield Town five months ago.
We are extremely short In the middle of the park as it is we shouldn’t be letting anyone go unless we get bodies in.

Tbh mate if it has to be only 2-pages long with legitimate rumours then so be it. In fact that sounds better IMO.

I hate the suggestions because you see a name being discussed, go back 3/4 pages and it was someone saying who they'd like to sign.

Would be good if we had both a suggestions and a rumours thread, separate, to keep them separate. Anyone can suggest anyone but it doesn't really man anything in the grand scheme of things.
They inevitably cross over though mate, as reasonable as that sounds its not actually feasible.

Talking from being on FF for a number of years, I accept the madness and even embrace it- good fun if you take it for what it is.

And the OP does a great job of updating the first post anyway for actual information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back