Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are extremely short In the middle of the park as it is we shouldn’t be letting anyone go unless we get bodies in.
We’re not really short of numbers in midfield (quality is a different argument), even if Bacuna goes. We have Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Kamara, Sands and Arfield to cover 3 positions. Lowry looks like he might be an option going forward and hopefully Ofoborh is healthy before the end of the season. That’s 7 established first team players and 2 potential options.

We do need a starting number 8 to replace Arfield in my opinion, particularly as Hagi isn’t an option there now for this season, but that was the case regardless of whether Bacuna was here or not.

What a weird player Bacuna is, he clearly has a lot of talent, but can’t seem to be arsed using it.
Pretty much how I seen it too.

I thought he would be a good back-up to Aribo in the sense he seems quite tricky and a “street” player.

However he just doesn’t have the application or attitude to go with it.

Made some strange decisions in that first half against Stirling and if you compared his attitude to the game to say Sakala, Goldson or Lowry then I think it made Gio’s mind up on him.

Until we hear something it would make more sense that it’s just a case of Sands in Bacuna out.

I know we have tried but we haven’t successfully brought in a right winger or Arfield mould midfielder despite it being a persistent issue for 2/3 seasons.

Would be amazed if we get both out of the blue

Last edited:
People keep saying this. I didn’t see any talent.

We’re overly loyal. Hes just another Grezda, miles away from what we need.
Had one good game against Ross County at home, dissapointed in near enough every other appearance.

Clearly GvB doesn't fancy him

I've still got PTSD of the half time unveil of Bacuna at the Europa League qualifying round :))

Seriously though, happy to see him go, hopefully Simpson and Barker won't be far behind him.

Bacuna looks like he would rinse people at 5's but he does nothing to actually impact games. His performances have been totally forgettable.
In terms of productivity, for the little game time he has had his output has been decent.

Goal and assist I think against Ross County and two assists against Stirling. Also put two passes on a plate for Roofe and Morelos against Hearts at home which were missed.

Heaven forbid people discuss potential targets in the transfer thread.

faint-fainting.gif

All day every day, yawn yawn

Until we hear something it would make more sense that it’s just a case of Sands in Bacuna out.

I know we have tried but we haven’t successfully brought in a right winger or Arfield mould midfielder despite it being a persistent issue for 2/3 seasons.

Would be amazed if we get both out of the blue
Both very different as midfielders though, aren't they? Although in saying that, I'm still not much wiser as to what kind of player Bacuna is, we barely saw him play.

Has to be 2 coming in IMO. Gio’s quote of leaving the window no weaker than we went into it is really key now as Bacuna and Patterson are away and Hagi is done for the season. You can argue Bacuna and Patterson were only squad players but at the end of the day, losing those three does make us weaker. Hopefully an exciting couple of days

There has got to be 2 players coming in and I don't include Souttar in this.

It would be suicide to leave this window with no new RW and attacking midfield cover for Hagi/Bacuna.

RB position doesn't bother me as much as I think we can survive there with balogun/sands under GVB style.

We’re not really short of numbers in midfield (quality is a different argument), even if Bacuna goes. We have Lundstram, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Kamara, Sands and Arfield to cover 3 positions. Lowry looks like he might be an option going forward and hopefully Ofoborh is healthy before the end of the season. That’s 7 established first team players and 2 potential options.

We do need a starting number 8 to replace Arfield in my opinion, particularly as Hagi isn’t an option there now for this season, but that was the case regardless of whether Bacuna was here or not.
Arfield and Aribo are our only two forward going Mid’s since Hagi got Injured so unless we have a player ready to come in we are really short.

If we are letting Bacuna go just after Hagi has been ruled out for the season, we must have another player lined up.

Bacuna showed in flashes that he has some ability, but still didn't shine against SA. People point out a couple of killer passes, it's not enough. He should stand out in games like that, like young Lowry did.

Fingers crossed his wage being freed up is the sign of an incoming transfer.

There has got to be 2 players coming in and I don't include Souttar in this.

It would be suicide to leave this window with no new RW and attacking midfield cover for Hagi/Bacuna.

RB position doesn't bother me as much as I think we can survive there with balogun/sands under GVB style.
Was thinking this myself, Balogun is far more suited to Gio's style of fullback than Gerrard's, King and Jack also could probably fill in there and worst, worst case scenario Devine gets brought up.

If we get £1m for him that is excellent business, with the way we structured the deal I imagine we have barely paid Huddersfield anything so it will be almost all profit.

Was thinking this myself, Balogun is far more suited to Gio's style of fullback than Gerrard's, King and Jack also could probably fill in there and worst, worst case scenario Devine gets brought up.
Agreed mate. A fullback who can bomb forward and contribute isn't as big a necessity and we can make do with the defensive options for that position that we have.

I reckon GVB will believe so too.

In terms of productivity, for the little game time he has had his output has been decent.

Goal and assist I think against Ross County and two assists against Stirling. Also put two passes on a plate for Roofe and Morelos against Hearts at home which were missed.
Stopped reading about “Stir” TBH

With Lowry set to start tonight,Bacuna days were numbered.doesnt work hard enough unfortunately,bags of talent as well which is a shame

If we could bring in a couple of the best Dutch youngsters coming through that would go down a treat. especially with the inside knowledge we should now have on the likes of Ajax.

Need a minimum of 3 in now then. RB cover, RW and a CM. Ideally add a 10 to that list too.
You not think we could possibly get away with no RB cover brought in?

If we did that and it put more wages to another player in RW/AM then it's a risk I'd take.

If Lowry was to be promoted into the first team squad and take bacuna’s place would people be happy with that? While I think we will sign a right wing could this be clearing out some deadwood to give youth a chance?

No point on holding onto Bacuna if he’s getting very limited game time which is unlikely to change much if he remains.

If we could bring in a couple of the best Dutch youngsters coming through that would go down a treat. especially with the inside knowledge we should now have on the likes of Ajax.
We have those Feyenoord and Ajax coaches we also have the guy who's worked for the Danish team Skov Olsen was with Nordjaell or something, he's done lots of work in Africa too.

I think our fingers are in many pies recruiting talent compared to even 2 years ago.

If Lowry was to be promoted into the first team squad and take bacuna’s place would people be happy with that? While I think we will sign a right wing could this be clearing out some deadwood to give youth a chance?
Yes but Hagi missing needs solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back