Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really doesn't look good in terms of incomings

I don't think Patterson leaving surprised us either.

My concern is that we would surely have moved with a degree of urgency if the money was there upon Patterson leaving.

Yes, the Hagi injury is a factor but that issue doesn't create money.

Always said about our overspending that we can't go from one extreme to the other & while COVID is a factor, we've done it again. Just like the days of Minty. Firewall then buy loads of players...rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Would be surprised if Lowry starts.
I'd be amazed if GvB starts Lowry tonight as our main/only creative player in midfield. Would be grossly unfair on the lad in what is going to be a grind of a game. I had expected it to be Kamara-Bacuna and one other but that's obviously now wrong. I'm more inclined now to think Arfield will start - probably alongside Kamara and Lundstram. Our options are now very limited.

I'd be amazed if GvB starts Lowry tonight as our main/only creative player in midfield. Would be grossly unfair on the lad in what is going to be a grind of a game. I had expected it to be Kamara-Bacuna and one other but that's obviously now wrong. I'm more inclined now to think Arfield will start - probably alongside Kamara and Lundstram.
Be prepared to be amazed.

Really doesn't look good.

My concern is that we would surely have moved with a degree of urgency if the money was there upon Patterson leaving.

Always said about our overspending that we can't go from one extreme to the other & while COVID is a factor, we've done it again. Just like the days of Minty. Firewall then buy loads of players...rinse and repeat.
Dramatic post of the day goes to..

Will be very surprised if we get any fee for bacuna, likely to be a free transfer. Birmingham can't afford his wages so that'll be the sweetener, no fee.

Not too fussed if it frees up a wage for a new arrival, as bacuna was a free.

I'd be amazed if GvB starts Lowry tonight as our main/only creative player in midfield. Would be grossly unfair on the lad in what is going to be a grind of a game. I had expected it to be Kamara-Bacuna and one other but that's obviously now wrong. I'm more inclined now to think Arfield will start - probably alongside Kamara and Lundstram.
Aye that's more likely I would say

Will be very surprised if we get any fee for bacuna, likely to be a free transfer. Birmingham can't afford his wages so that'll be the sweetener, no fee.

Not too fussed if it frees up a wage for a new arrival, as bacuna was a free.
Scott Burns is saying there is a fee. Might just be a lowish amount like £500k mind.

What about Cole Palmer of city as a short term loan option if we are struggling to sign a good permanent right winger.

Reckon it would be a possibility or will City want to keep him. I think he's one of their best youngsters.

What about him?

Has the club been linked with him?

Genuinely have no idea why folk ask questions like this :))

Some good business so far, wish Bacuna all the best but he's not good enough for where we want to be. I'm expecting a couple of incomings now though.

Too many have gone in way too heavy on young Lowry.

Plenty of potential and a fine debut but he is not currently ready to be a full time member of the first team.
Indeed. When GvB was asked about Lowry becoming a member of the First Team squad - like King now is - he was very non-committal. Lowry trains with them but hasn't been moved up, and given his initials on the kit, the same way King has.

As you say, Lowry did well the other night - but it wasn't the stellar performance suggested by the hyperbole on here.

I think he might get another run out tonight from the bench.

I'd be amazed if GvB starts Lowry tonight as our main/only creative player in midfield. Would be grossly unfair on the lad in what is going to be a grind of a game. I had expected it to be Kamara-Bacuna and one other but that's obviously now wrong. I'm more inclined now to think Arfield will start - probably alongside Kamara and Lundstram. Our options are now very limited.
What the hell us unfair about a kid living the dream playing for Rangers.

Our options arent limited either.

What about Cole Palmer of city as a short term loan option if we are struggling to sign a good permanent right winger.

Reckon it would be a possibility or will City want to keep him. I think he's one of their best youngsters.
There is no way city will let one of their potential superstars come up here and get kicked to bits by the SPL carthorses

If Lowry was to be promoted into the first team squad and take bacuna’s place would people be happy with that? While I think we will sign a right wing could this be clearing out some deadwood to give youth a chance?
I would like to see the young guys get a chance,but it has to be gradual,but I'd prefer giving them their chance ahead of the likes of the Barkers and Bacunas, at least they'll be hungry to make an impact,like Paterson did

Really doesn't look good in terms of incomings

Another one outed.

Hopefully this means we are putting together a package to make Skov Olsen the highest paid player in the history of the club IMO.
I’ve never seen Olsen, but I hope you are joking with this considering we had a goalie 20 years ago on nearly double what the current highest paid player gets.

I think our hit rate overall is really quite poor, scouting wise. Are only big sale to date is home grown. Greegs and Davis were knowns so exclude them, thereafter them and excluding Alfie who was from the previous era…it’s not that great.
Our hit rate with midfielders needs to improve, no more Zungus or Bacunas please.
We did alright initially when Gerrard came in and those players are still holding us together in there.

I think the problem we have is we have progressed our starting 11 over the last few years from potenial to 5-10 million pound players, some even more and to say we'll bring in better than what we already have is tricky.

Another one outed.
DM me and I'd be happy to prove you wrong, otherwise keep the accusations to yourself.

Unless I've just returned from a parallel universe, plenty of people on social media have expressed similar sentiment.

Also corrected the first line and acknowledged I hadn't worded it well

You not think we could possibly get away with no RB cover brought in?

If we did that and it put more wages to another player in RW/AM then it's a risk I'd take.
I’d rather not no. Tavernier became a better player consistently when he had Patterson pushing him week on week. We said we wouldn’t come out the window with a weaker squad. Going from having two good RB’s to a RB and a CB for cover is weaker.

You'd think we paid £5m for Bacuna in the summer & were now paying him off in full the way some folk are going on.

I don't think there were high expectations from either side on this one.

My mate has just messaged saying it's a 'disaster'.....think because we didn't do much business in the summer there was too much expected from some

Is that not a Teesside dish?

Parmo - lovely if is too.

Simpson and barker out would be a good departure window.

If we could get a decent midfielder in for Bacuna it may even allow lundstram to go

Hope we are working hard on extensions (oo er)

Next summer we have a lot of good players ooc

Alfie and aribo and helander need to sign before summer or be sold to keep that standard up

You'd think we paid £5m for Bacuna in the summer & were now paying him off in full the way some folk are going on.

I don't think there were high expectations from either side on this one.

My mate has just messaged saying it's a 'disaster'.....think because we didn't do much business in the summer there was too much expected from some

I've just been told he was one of our highest earners and was who Goldson was moaning about.

Some people just talk utter nonsense :))

Indeed. When GvB was asked about Lowry becoming a member of the First Team squad - like King now is - he was very non-committal. Lowry trains with them but hasn't been moved up, and given his initials on the kit, the same way King has.

As you say, Lowry did well the other night - but it wasn't the stellar performance suggested by the hyperbole on here.

I think he might get another run out tonight from the bench.
Gio needs to make a decision now with Lowry is he going to play minutes that will then make him ineligible for the B team meaning he has nowhere to go other than the bench or is he going to keep him developing with the B team. He certainly earned his chance to start tonight after his performance on Friday but if Arfield is fit enough I suspect he will start ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back