Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huddersfield are due a large sell on fee.
Not sure about the sell on percentage but we paid very little up front with future payments based on performance

We will probably not lose anything and get his full wages of the books

What are we expecting in the door ? Loans or permanents ?

I still can't see us forking out serious dough this window.

Gio needs to make a decision now with Lowry is he going to play minutes that will then make him ineligible for the B team meaning he has nowhere to go other than the bench or is he going to keep him developing with the B team. He certainly earned his chance to start tonight after his performance on Friday but if Arfield is fit enough I suspect he will start ahead of him.
That point will come. Can feature 5 times for the First Team before it renders him ineligible for the B Team. However, the way that was worded in the rules said once you'd played 5 times you couldn't switch until the next window opens. Not sure how games DURING a transfer window count.

Gio needs to make a decision now with Lowry is he going to play minutes that will then make him ineligible for the B team meaning he has nowhere to go other than the bench or is he going to keep him developing with the B team. He certainly earned his chance to start tonight after his performance on Friday but if Arfield is fit enough I suspect he will start ahead of him.
When you think about logically my man he only has to make that decision after 4games so there’s no instant right now demand on that

Re Lowry London to a Lemon the same urgent posts of play him will swiftly reverse to ripping his confidence apart if he were to be exposed to the crushing demands of Rangers first team starter .

Not sure about the sell on percentage but we paid very little up front with future payments based on performance

We will probably not lose anything and get his full wages of the books
We paid nothing up front.

All appearance based with a large sell on.

Decent structure of deal for us.

I think the three possibles we have a feel of genuine interest albeit that all appeared pre-GvB are Skov Olsen , Rothwell and Wallace . Realistically all three are fees if they become a GvB arrival this window

do we no owe huddersfield money for him?
“It’s appearance-based, European-based, with a big sell-on, we’ve got a significant sell-on, where we will ultimately at least get our money back.”

Thats what their chairman said in September about the deal. When he says money back he's referring to the £2m they paid for him from Groningen.

Loans.

I'll be surprised if we're committing significant money when the transfer budget could radically change (for the better) in the Summer. I think it's a calculated risk that the current squad has enough to see us to the title.

“It’s appearance-based, European-based, with a big sell-on, we’ve got a significant sell-on, where we will ultimately at least get our money back.”

Thats what their chairman said in September about the deal. When he says money back he's referring to the £2m they paid for him from Groningen.
Surely what they get back is purely dependent on how much we sell him for? For them to get their money back he'd need to be going for a significant fee which I can't see happening

I guess it depends what we’re selling him for. If we effectively give him away to get his wages off the books then a significant % of nothing is nothing!

I would be looking for a loan to replace Hagi on top of a permanent deal for a right sided attacker that we’ve needed for 3 years.

Souttar isn’t essential but would be a bonus.

Indeed. When GvB was asked about Lowry becoming a member of the First Team squad - like King now is - he was very non-committal. Lowry trains with them but hasn't been moved up, and given his initials on the kit, the same way King has.

As you say, Lowry did well the other night - but it wasn't the stellar performance suggested by the hyperbole on here.

I think he might get another run out tonight from the bench.
Yep .

Anyone who has played against mature professionals when both a teenager and of slim building will tell you there is a giant imo that on your game capability . It’s not about how much talent you have when these robust and game-wise sorts see you face up to them and worse you have a Scottish referee .

Lot of care required for Alex L before having him in at SPL grade imo

Have to honest, I'm not getting it with Simons. Will he be a first team gamechanger for us? What is the long term benefit for us?

Just not convinced he's what we need
At the very least he would be an upgrade on Bacuna. He is a very talented player and would tear apart the SPFL diddy teams. He gets sub appearances in the league at times for one of the most talented squads in world football.

Surely what they get back is purely dependent on how much we sell him for? For them to get their money back he'd need to be going for a significant fee which I can't see happening
Yeah he was obviously expecting him to do well up here and that hasn't happened. He's made 12 appearances this season so can't imagine there's any fee due to them there.

You thinking he’s signing a new contract then? As with him being out of contract on the summer, a loan wouldn’t make sense.
I think he’ll end up signing on for PSG, I follow him on IG and he always posts positively about the club and Mbappe and Neymar in particular.

If he’s loaned out to us with his contract expiring in the summer, there is nothing stopping PSG still negotiating with his agent for a contract extension.

Xavi Simons was playing alongside Mbappe about 10 days ago, no danger he's coming here :D
Mate he’s not getting games at PSG as it stands and if Ndombele comes in he’s totally out of the picture. I’d say there’s a strong chance he will be loaned out this month and it will be to a club in a league where he will get regular football. Tbh I’m not sure when we could guarantee him regular football as it would entail Aribo either dropping deeper in midfield or being pushed out right. But he’d be a good addition nonetheless.

For what you have seen of Calvin Ramsay, would you consider? The Scottish market is pish poor in terms of monetary value and the lad looks decent.

For what you have seen of Calvin Ramsay, would you consider? The Scottish market is pish poor in terms of monetary value and the lad looks decent.
He's going to end up in England or Serie A.

Man U watch his every move & have been since last season.

Mate he’s not getting games at PSG as it stands and if Ndombele comes in he’s totally out of the picture. I’d say there’s a strong chance he will be loaned out this month and it will be to a club in a league where he will get regular football. Tbh I’m not sure when we could guarantee him regular football as it would entail Aribo either dropping deeper in midfield or being pushed out right. But he’d be a good addition nonetheless.
In their last 5 games he has been on the bench 4 times coming on as a sub twice and played a full 90 minutes. As an 18 year old, it's hard to get much more than that at a club like PSG.

That's because they are and have played a massive 4 senior games between them.
So? if Gio thinks they're good enough then he'll give them a chance, and if they do the job then what does it matter how many first team games they've played, how do you think the dutch have so many youngsters coming through their systems? by giving them a chance, the dutch thinking towards youth and the british is completely different, they have no qualms on playing youths if they think the player is good enough, which is an attitude we should adopt, especially in money poor leagues like ours

Yes, its from the mouth of the Huddersfield chairman.

Unsure of exact %. 'Significant' and 'large' were the words he used.
A % of £500k isn’t large, they probably hoped we’d sell him for £ms…..he’s not featured so was a wage burden, best off our books if we have a suitor with a sell on for us!

He's going to end up in England or Serie A.

Man U watch his every move & have been since last season.

Probably be another McGinn story. I will say this quietly, but a few of my Gers m8s who are football daft, think he has more potential than Paterson. I only watch Rangers games so cant really compare. But he does look decent for what I have seen.

A % of £500k isn’t large, they probably hoped we’d sell him for £ms…..he’s not featured so was a wage burden, best off our books if we have a suitor with a sell on for us!
Do you know how percentages work?

They hoped they would recoup £2m on him with euro appearances and games which were part of the negotiations as well as a hefty sell on fee. Think they will be disappointed in this transfer.

Probably be another McGinn story. I will say this quietly, but a few of my Gers m8s who are football daft, think he has more potential than Paterson. I only watch Rangers games so cant really compare. But he does look decent for what I have seen.
Watched a bit of the St Mirren game last night. He is extremely similar to Patterson.

Not as fast but good technique & more than good enough for us.

Reckon he will be sold to England or Italy & loaned back to them this coming summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back