Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don’t think we have any money to spend. I think that’s why we’re hanging on with what we’ve got and praying it’ll be enough to secure the pot of gold at the end of the season. Hope I’m wrong but it’s how I see the current situation.

I’ve never seen it mate. There were moments in that second half where he looked so bad it was difficult to believe. I feel for him but he isn’t Rangers standard and has been built up by some of our fans to be someone he isn’t. He has zero end product and it simply has to end
The flashes have been few and far between but I have seen him on form run at defenses at take people on, the past 2 games I hate to say it as km sure it's not true but he looked like he wanted to be anywhere bar on the pitch playing for Rangers.

With Jack fit, Lundstram needs moved on, and as many have said we desperately need a right sided attacker and attacking midfielder. I’m hoping to be surprised but expecting to be disappointed.

We do and it's really quite urgent now, the fact we have hardly been linked with anyone is concerning, if all our eggs are in Skovs basket and we get him fair enough ill be happy but we really need an attacking central mid aswell.
Plus JS from Hearts, The tims have kept up more than we expected, we need to take this seriously.

A RW, Is a must.

Roofe's ability to put the ball in the net when a chance arises gives him the edge. No confidence whatsoever that Itten will actually get the ball over the line, he looks so laboured.

Yeah he reminds me of Boyd a bit but not as cute on the pitch

Useless in the Morelos role that’s for sure and very slow

Possibly Kent on the right given he's two footed?

Point stands though, we can't cope with all of Morelos, Aribo and Kent out.
Right now we need all of them imo.
To be fair, take the best three players out of any team and its going to be a struggle - especially when they are your main creators and scorer.

Thankfully we have a bit of backup getting back to fitness in midfield - neither Arfield nor Jack will start every week but their contributions, such as tonight, could be invaluable. Unless Roofe rediscovers his form, and hopefully he will, we've a huge hole without Morelos for the next 2/3 games though.

Since 2018 we’ve had the following;

Firth
Lafferty
Grezda
Polster
Andy King
Simpson
Wright (may come good)
Bacuna
Flanagan
Zungu
Itten
Barker
Sadiq
Coulibaly
Lundstram

And I’ve probably missed a few. These players are the reason that we’re having difficultly adding quality. Bang average players that have been brought in, will have been on decent money, some will have cost fees/loan fees, have contributed little to none and are effectively paid off.
Also these types of signings don’t help due to the fact the players holding the jersey know that they aren’t good enough to take it off them so complacency and laziness creeps in.

A couple of quality starters would freshen everything up

If there is going to be any movement it will be for a RW... CM is a concern but with player coming back from injury and the emergence of Lowry I just dont see it as anywhere near a pressing concern as a RW.

When fully fit we still have the best midfield in Scotland.

Absolute baseless pish.

He is the 3rd best CB in the league.

No where near it

Bassey has been more than fine at CB especially against the lesser teams where he offers a bit of Boughera style getting up the park

Balogun has been more than fine

Helander is a rolls Royce and is close to fitness - Apparently

(this is just my opinion) no need to get ratty over it

Ive not seen the goal but someone says Souttar shopped their second goal tonight ?

On another note, surely Lundstram will be away in the next few days

Tonight he had Sands and Lowry in front of him

With Jack coming on before him and Davis to come back. Writing is on the wall

On another note, surely Lundstram will be away in the next few days

Tonight he had Sands and Lowry in front of him

With Jack coming on before him and Davis to come back. Writing is on the wall
Can't just make someone you don't want disappear.

I do think we could get a fee for him, but I also don't see many clubs throwing £30k a week his way tbh.

A loan with at least half his wage covered might get him a Championship side & more importantly raise his stock

We do and it's really quite urgent now, the fact we have hardly been linked with anyone is concerning, if all our eggs are in Skovs basket and we get him fair enough ill be happy but we really need an attacking central mid aswell.
A loan deal might do for the midfield role to cover Hagi’s injury but we need that righted sided attacking player so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back