Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No where near it

Bassey has been more than fine at CB especially against the lesser teams where he offers a bit of Boughera style getting up the park

Balogun has been more than fine

Helander is a rolls Royce and is close to fitness - Apparently

(this is just my opinion) no need to get ratty over it

Ive not seen the goal but someone says Souttar shopped their second goal tonight ?
So you come on shouting all our CBs are far better than Bassey, then reply saying ours are ‘more than fine’.

Thats nice, but Souttar is better than them all bar two.

I’ve no idea about the goal but I’ve seen every Hearts fan to a man talking about how good he was tonight at Tynecastle, where Bassey was ran ragged off of Liam Boyce.

All the noises coming out of the club are that we will make a signing or two. Obviously it would be ideal to get them in straight away, but a number of players only become available on the last day or two of the window (look at Celtic getting their two loan players in on the last day of the summer window as an example).

I think we'll sign two after Saturday's game, one on loan and one permanent.

Last edited:
No where near it

Bassey has been more than fine at CB especially against the lesser teams where he offers a bit of Boughera style getting up the park

Balogun has been more than fine

Helander is a rolls Royce and is close to fitness - Apparently

(this is just my opinion) no need to get ratty over it

Ive not seen the goal but someone says Souttar shopped their second goal tonight ?

If the centre back correctly plays the striker offside and the wrong decision is made by the linesman, it doesn't become the centre back's fault.

All the noises coming out of the club are that we will make a signing or two. Obviously it would be ideal to get them in straight away, but a number of players only become available on the last day or two of the window (look at Celtic getting their two loan players in on the last day of the summer window as an example).

I think we'll sign two after Sunday's game, one on loan and one permanent.
Don't turn up on Sunday mate, you will miss the game. :) Its Saturday lunchtime.

To be fair, take the best three players out of any team and its going to be a struggle - especially when they are your main creators and scorer.

Thankfully we have a bit of backup getting back to fitness in midfield - neither Arfield nor Jack will start every week but their contributions, such as tonight, could be invaluable. Unless Roofe rediscovers his form, and hopefully he will, we've a huge hole without Morelos for the next 2/3 games though.

The midfield has stopped playing as a unit as well in my opinion VB.

One very advanced & one very deep so the other guy, Kamara again tonight, left in no man’s land to an extent.

Bassey is young and filling in a CB. Switched off on a few occasions tonight (like at Pittodrie) and will eventually be punished. I don’t know how Souttar played tonight but get him in.

It’s clear (even if we had Kent, Aribo and Morelos available) that we need genuine quality in midfield and out wide.

We need a creative influence in the middle of the park. It’s too slow and ponderous in there - said player has been required for some time now. A number of windows. It was discussed in the summer and we ended up with Lundstram and Bacuna (who’s set to leave).

It’s also blatantly obvious that we need a right sided midfielder/winger as their is absolutely no quality out there what so ever.

The recruitment over the last few windows has been poor.

Bassey is young and filling in a CB. Switched off on a few occasions tonight (like at Pittodrie) and will eventually be punished. I don’t know how Souttar played tonight but get him in.

It’s clear (even if we had Kent, Aribo and Morelos available) that we need genuine quality in midfield and out wide.

We need a creative influence in the middle of the park. It’s too slow and ponderous in there - said player has been required for some time now. A number of windows. It was discussed in the summer and we ended up with Lundstram and Bacuna (who’s set to leave).

It’s also blatantly obvious that we need a right sided midfielder/winger as their is absolutely no quality out there what so ever.

The recruitment over the last few windows has been poor.
hearts are now saying it will take funny money to sell souttar as they have 3 cbs with injuries now. its not happening unless i imagine we give them Simpson back on loan. Neilsen is quoted as saying so tonight.

The midfield has stopped playing as a unit as well in my opinion VB.

One very advanced & one very deep so the other guy, Kamara again tonight, left in no man’s land to an extent.
A point I’ve made since the first game with GvB in charge. I do like trying to play with two wingers but, right from the off, I’ve felt it’s cost us control in midfield to a degree and left us too open.

Big few days for the board and Ross Wilson

Right winger required that is capable of starting 11 quality.

Also a replacement for Hagi.

£16m pulled in within the last 6 weeks.

Simply not acceptable to not bring any quality additions. Squad fillers won’t do

A point I’ve made since the first game with GvB in charge. I do like trying to play with two wingers but, right from the off, I’ve felt it’s cost us control in midfield to a degree and left us too open.

Yes, we started well in the initial games I personally thought, and looked defensively secure, but we’re now not controlling matches like we did and that just leads to what you are saying, we are too open.

Looking at our squad and what we're lacking, a first XI quality RW and box-to-box CM would be a dream. I'll be really disappointed if we don't get at least one of those to be honest.

100%. If we only have £500k to spare, I'd rather spend that on a loan fee for a good player out of favour than bringing Souttar in a few months early. Right wing is probably a slight priority over centre mid.

I think we need to remember how many key players we have out.

Hellander
Balogun
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Kent
Hagi
Morelos

6 or 7 are definitely in the starting 11 at least, so there is going to be a drop off in quality. 3 points are all that matters at this stage and we got them.

He just doesn’t have it, and doesn’t have the mental strength to make sure that he will get it.

Aberdeen was enough for me, and yet he was given tonight to confirm many of us right.
He is such a frustrating player. He did one brilliant thing today where he picked up the ball drove forward and fired an excellent shot past Stryjek which was cleared off the line by a Livi defender.

And that was pretty much it. There were three moments in the game that just sum his inadequacy up:

(1) At one point he picked up the ball in the corner and just over hit his dribble out for a goal kick.

(2) In the second half he had a shot from an angle that went woefully wide.

(3) Also in the second half when Sakala fired in a brilliant low cross from the left that rolled past the goal line, Wright picked it up in the right hand area of the box and instead of taking a touch or picking a man out with a cut back with composure first time, he just blasted an over hit cross out of play.

Just totally not good enough and all the promise from his cameo appearances last season off the bench have amounted to nothing this season.

Even as a sub I would not trust him to come on and win the game for us at 0-0 or 1-1. Honestly think he will play his best football coming off the bench when we are two or three goals up with no pressure. Out of Wright and Lowry only one of them looked like a young academy player making his league debut and it wasn’t young Alex.

We desperately need at least one RW who will walk into the team and provide a goal threat.

A right winger and a no8 please hopefully see some of the squad players move on looks like Bacunas away hopefully see movement on players like Simpson and Lundstrum aswell

I think we need to remember how many key players we have out.

Hellander
Balogun
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Kent
Hagi
Morelos

6 or 7 are definitely in the starting 11 at least, so there is going to be a drop off in quality. 3 points are all that matters at this stage and we got them.
Said similar on the Tim’s hearts thread!
Maw have more out than them but the media myth will spin in it that we struggled whilst a decimated mentally challenged team were globetrotting with 21 players injured.

RW and AM is a must

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back