Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

“I don’t think we are ready yet in the market”. Not the answer I was expecting with 5 days to go
By “ready” he could be meaning ready as in ready to close a deal.

Also he’s not going to give anything away. The scum manager recently said his side were done in the market and that any new names rumoured would be “lies” and then just days later they signed a new midfielder for £1.5m.

He is such a frustrating player. He did one brilliant thing today where he picked up the ball drove forward and fired an excellent shot past Stryjek which was cleared off the line by a Livi defender.

And that was pretty much it. There were three moments in the game that just sum his inadequacy up:

(1) At one point he picked up the ball in the corner and just over hit his dribble out for a goal kick.

(2) In the second half he had a shot from an angle that went woefully wide.

(3) Also in the second half when Sakala fired in a brilliant low cross from the left that rolled past the goal line, Wright picked it up in the right hand area of the box and instead of taking a touch or picking a man out with a cut back with composure first time, he just blasted an over hit cross out of play.

Just totally not good enough and all the promise from his cameo appearances last season off the bench have amounted to nothing this season.

Even as a sub I would not trust him to come on and win the game for us at 0-0 or 1-1. Honestly think he will play his best football coming off the bench when we are two or three goals up with no pressure. Out of Wright and Lowry only one of them looked like a young academy player making his league debut and it wasn’t young Alex.

We desperately need at least one RW who will walk into the team and provide a goal threat.

Yes, I’m in the Main Stand Ozzy, and those points 2 & 3 really got to me.

On 3 he had 3 players looking for a cut back, 2 about 10/12 yards out & one around the edge of the box. That was genuinely a cringe moment.

On the shot, you’re taught at primary school to go far post, and he behaved like an amateur, slashing it short of the front post.

After that he was gone mentally, he didn’t want to try anything positive. His nerve just seemed to have gone.

Sad, but as a Rangers player, these are the moments you should be distinguishing yourself from the ordinary players in the league.

Last edited:
Every signing that boy jumps on is an utter disaster. Needs to stop for all our good.
footballing oracle
He is such a frustrating player. He did one brilliant thing today where he picked up the ball drove forward and fired an excellent shot past Stryjek which was cleared off the line by a Livi defender.

And that was pretty much it. There were three moments in the game that just sum his inadequacy up:

(1) At one point he picked up the ball in the corner and just over hit his dribble out for a goal kick.

(2) In the second half he had a shot from an angle that went woefully wide.

(3) Also in the second half when Sakala fired in a brilliant low cross from the left that rolled past the goal line, Wright picked it up in the right hand area of the box and instead of taking a touch or picking a man out with a cut back with composure first time, he just blasted an over hit cross out of play.

Just totally not good enough and all the promise from his cameo appearances last season off the bench have amounted to nothing this season.

Even as a sub I would not trust him to come on and win the game for us at 0-0 or 1-1. Honestly think he will play his best football coming off the bench when we are two or three goals up with no pressure. Out of Wright and Lowry only one of them looked like a young academy player making his league debut and it wasn’t young Alex.

We desperately need at least one RW who will walk into the team and provide a goal threat.
point 3 was where he really lost me and any hope

That was dreadful

We badly need a right winger, a box to box midfielder that is a starter, not a squad filler and a central striker as without Morelos we are left with Roofe who can't stay injury free and Itten who I just can't see it despite really wanting to give him the chance.

Last edited:
We baldly need a right winger, a box to box midfielder that is a starter, not a squad filler and a central striker as without Morelos we are left with Roofe who can't stay injury free and Itten who I just can't see it despite really wanting to give him the chance.
What striker would you recommend?

There’s no doubt in my mind, we will bring a signing or two in. Esp if Bacuna leaves. I think it’s a right winger and Souttar.

As others have said, our injuries have been much worse than the tims but that’s not the narrative.

Tonight we started without 6 or 7 first choice players.

Let’s take care of Ross county then go and shut the bogtrotters up

“I don’t think we are ready yet in the market”. Not the answer I was expecting with 5 days to go

He literally said 'we're still very busy', the part you've homed in on was more than likely a bit of a language issue, he obviously means we're not finished, because it doesn't make any sense after saying we're very busy.

Ross Wilson was in the airport today. No idea where he was going or returning from. Just know he was there.
U mean to tell us your just letting the cat out the bag now….. also how’d u know ? Did you see him, did you get a What’s app, Did a Mate tell you? Bitta info at least mate your lack a info is like your working for the club haha

Right who’s stalking his socials see what country he’s in, who’s tracking the flights, who’s making up the fake ITK names

Come on people we are sleeping on this lol

Irrelevant of Roofe’s injury problems and Itten not being good enough… the reality is we’re paying both their wages every week along with Morelos and also Sakala who can play as a 9 - we’re not bringing in another striker.
We need a bastard of a No8 who is box for box, physical, can tackle and will chip in with goals. Get that and a quality RW who will contribute with G/A’s and most of our problems will quickly disappear! Scandalous if we don’t address both given the injury record of some of our players!

If we don’t bring in a first team quality attacking midfielder and right winger, I think we’re handing Celtic an advantage.

Won’t be popular I’m sure, but I’m probably not far off thinking those two alongside Souttar (although he’s not a priority) are vital for us.

I do agree with the comments on the midfield… Massive gaps and holes which better teams will punish.

I want a CF and RW, we need goals in the team and I have zero faith in even bringing Itten off the bench in the next few games with Morelos missing.
Good point.

10 mins to go who would you prefer to bring on if we were chasing a goal Defoe or Itten??
Id be on the phone to Defoe 1st thing to get him back up the road for 4 months.

Unsure what he means by "we're not ready yet" it could mean a number of things ranging from not being ready to sign someone to the squad not being ready for the last few months of the season and therefore looking to sign someone.

Need to remember he said only yesterday that he wants/expects a player to come in - I assume that was in light of Hagi's injury.

Why are folk expecting Itten to go? where's he gonna go? he's played for us and his loan team already so he can't sign for anyone else or is this mentalists just wanting us to pay up his contract and just release him as some sort of bloodlust for being shite tonight like that will show em?

I think Gio means "we are not done yet" in the market. Right before that sentence he is talking about being very busy in the market. Just a translation issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back