Official The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shota

Important to remember it's a whatsapp ''rumour'' which has the same credibility as receiving a text from your mate or being told by someone in the pub.
I find the bashing up of WhatsApp far too funny.

How else are folk meant to spread rumours or stuff they’ve heard?

For any rumour to be credible now it can’t be from Facebook, WhatsApp, text, guy at the pub, guy on the bus etc.

Someone might have heard something genuine but the minute they send it to there mate on WhatsApp it loses all credibility.

Honestly pishing myself at it

The Shadow

Let’s not have it at all. Some of these song efforts are frankly an utter embarrassment.

What the %^*& goes through peoples heads.
I agree.

Dreaming up songs for someone who hasn’t even kicked a ball for us yet.

Even when they do it can be short lived. If anyone really wants to write songs should make it decent and keep it generic.

Ross_

Official Ticketer
perhaps the contracts thing is we have agreed its a 2 1/2 year contract (for example) - but with an option of another year .. or similar - otherwise i don't see the point in not saying how long its for - it will be public knowledge soon enough.

TamS-RFC

For any rumour to be credible now it can’t be from Facebook, WhatsApp, text, guy at the pub, guy on the bus etc.

Someone might have heard something genuine but the minute they send it to there mate on WhatsApp it loses all credibility.

It’s no that funny mate…

CumbrianBear

The posters on here that do get bits of info from say friends who work in the media or even at the club will likely get that info in the form of a text. They just don’t tend to say “got a WhatsApp saying….”. I don’t think you can completely dismiss it all just because it’s been received as a text. It 2023 that’s how most folk communicate. The issue at times is that it can come from questionable websites I.e Rangers rumours.

Portrushbear

Based on absolutely %^*& all I think our business will consist of

Cantwell (done)
Raskin (pre contract)
Whittaker (deadline day deal to the wire)
A.N.other (loan)

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer

Think it comes across a lot as though mentioning WhatsApp govks something more credence somehow though.

TheHammerJorgAlbertz11

Hagi looked absolutely banging in preseason last year, looked like he was going to kick on then some groc booted him against Livvy when he was looking excellent.

He looked like that played on him for a few weeks, he missed games with Covid and was starting to look back to close to it before his injury last season.

He was absolute class against Prague at Ibrox, was excellent at St Mirren, and was starting to add goals to his game.

There is context to his performances last season.
A very good point about Hagi at the beginning of last season.

He looked like he was ready to be one of the main men in the team.

If he can get back to that, then he will be a huge player for us.

Herbie53

Always find it funny when the Whatsapp stuff gets immediately slaughtered, as if they’re less credible than of the rumours posted on here.

TJ72

A very good point about Hagi at the beginning of last season.

He looked like he was ready to be one of the main men in the team.

If he can get back to that, then he will be a huge player for us.
Hagi was absolutely dire in the couple of months leading up to his injury. There’s been a lot of revisionism since he’s been out the team as to how important a player he was for us.

zecchinetta

Park bench. Clandestine meeting. Briefcases, umbrellas, trench coats. One supporter leaves rumour in a broadsheet for another.

Craigie

Correct. Focus on the source of the information, not the medium used to share it.

Obviously it comes from "I've had a WhatsApp message saying..." but it's how most communication i done these days (including transfer deals between clubs)

Barrymoped

I fancy it today tbf it seems we’re only to finalise with Liege and the Belgian press have quoted fees, so hopefully all in place.
Maybe not an announcement but some excitement with flight spotters and bears on workplace roofs trying to get a look.
Yeah I think so as well, it certainly seems like a deal can, and will be struck soon going by all the rumblings.

Well apart from the halfwits at the Daily Record who still seem insistent that there’s been no contact at all.

RangersEasyOK

None of them are actually rumours though, it’s made up or educated guessing by attention seekers

Mdiz

I have an idea for how we separate genuine rumours that are to be believed vs spurious nonsense of the wannabe ITKs.

There should be a system in place - if you ever give an ITK comment, it's added to your profile for all to see, and remains there as a mark of dis/honour. That way people can see that BigTeddyGer84 has made five ITK comments in the last 6 months, and not one has come to fruition. Then we can all subsequently disregard his/her proclamations that the original Ronaldo is coming out of retirement to steer us to 56.

This would be a new dawn for these transfers threads, and I imagine will reduce the guff and insanity by up to 90%.

Please implement asap (only don't, obviously, because this thread is like Christmas, only we get it twice a year)

cyl1690

It’s a no from me…no chance can we get a song out of Iheanacho!

It’s such a wild link you wonder if there’s something in it, even to the extent his agent is touting him around the UK
Oh really??

'There's only one Iheanacho.......

Grumpy Old Git

Short? Lundstram, Jack & Sands aside from Kamara!!
Rely on Jack’s fitness hmmm

Even taking into account Sands availability imo we would still be short relying on 2 holders for 2 positions plus Jack on a week to week basis taking injury, suspension and being knackered playing game after game eliminating opportunity for squad rotation
It’s an unnecessary risk and would be extremely poor planning.
Common and business sense dictates you get your replacement in before you sell if at all possible.

JMCK

I have an idea for how we separate genuine rumours that are to be believed vs spurious nonsense of the wannabe ITKs.

There should be a system in place - if you ever give an ITK comment, it's added to your profile for all to see, and remains there as a mark of dis/honour. That way people can see that BigTeddyGer84 has made five ITK comments in the last 6 months, and not one has come to fruition. Then we can all subsequently disregard his/her proclamations that the original Ronaldo is coming out of retirement to steer us to 56.

This would be a new dawn for these transfers threads, and I imagine will reduce the guff and insanity by up to 90%.

Please implement asap (only don't, obviously, because this thread is like Christmas, only we get it twice a year)
Not all genuine rumours come to fruition though.

cyl1690

I fancy it today tbf it seems we’re only to finalise with Liege and the Belgian press have quoted fees, so hopefully all in place.
Maybe not an announcement but some excitement with flight spotters and bears on workplace roofs trying to get a look.
Hahahaha.....you have my attention. :)) It is relatively clear skies at the moment and no ice on roof today!

Jamiegatami

Oscar Gloukh?

latest

Arkanoid

But it’s never my mate works in xyz or knows xyz and heard we are signing xyz and sent me a WhatsApp

Mdiz

Not all genuine rumours come to fruition though.
aye, was only joshing. this thread is probably my favourite on the board, and that's precisely because of all the meltdowns, insane ITK predictions, and the general sense of having to tread through 50 pages of comments to get to something interesting. i wouldn't change it for the world.

zecchinetta

Jack Diamond has been linked with a summer move to Glasgow Rangers in this morning's Daily Mirror. Only mention is the discussion of the article on a Sunderland forum, couldn't find the Mirror piece itself.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jack-diamond-to-rangers-rumour.1598765/

If the report is accurate, it shows we're taking a close look at League One with the interest in Whittaker as well.
Thread is funny. Sunderland, fkn Sunderland fans digging out the quality of football in Scotland. We'd beat them with 9 men.

dereksmallsloyal

Geerfc19

Based on absolutely %^*& all I think our business will consist of

Cantwell (done)
Raskin (pre contract)
Whittaker (deadline day deal to the wire)
A.N.other (loan)
Think raskin might go to the wire.

Makes zero sense for liege to keep him whilst he’s already frozen out. Means they’d be paying his wages for 6months for nothing.

They’ll let him go this window

Status
Not open for further replies.