Official The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashfraser

Jack Diamond has been linked with a summer move to Glasgow Rangers in this morning's Daily Mirror. Only mention is the discussion of the article on a Sunderland forum, couldn't find the Mirror piece itself.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jack-diamond-to-rangers-rumour.1598765/

If the report is accurate, it shows we're taking a close look at League One with the interest in Whittaker as well.
Watched jack Diamond play for Lincoln couple of weeks ago versus MK Dons. Two things stood out, his exceptional ability on the ball and lack of work rate without it. Improve in that area and he is some footballer.

ssblue

SakalasFrontTeeth

ShieldhallBear

Or in the summer ….
I think we will get him now, they’ve already papped him out of the team and into the reserves, bought replacements and said he won’t be playing for them again. Paying his wages for another 4 months or so and knocking back £1m or whatever we offer would just be cutting their nose off to spite their face. Absolutely nothing in it for them.

Different with Whittaker who could still play a part for Swansea and it might be worth it to them to keep him, but Raskin there is 0 benefit for them to keep him, it’s just throwing away money with nothing in return.

Andrew webb

Jack Diamond has been linked with a summer move to Glasgow Rangers in this morning's Daily Mirror. Only mention is the discussion of the article on a Sunderland forum, couldn't find the Mirror piece itself.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jack-diamond-to-rangers-rumour.1598765/

If the report is accurate, it shows we're taking a close look at League One with the interest in Whittaker as well.
Would that mean Bassey coming back ?

..to sing diamond s are forever lol

TheEgg

Try to recoup whatever money we can get from them. Use the money in the summer. Could still get a decent fee I hope if that’s the case.

obviously hoping they both sign contracts kent especially.

Much like us trying to get raskin we’d get nothing meaningful this late in the window

Put it this way, Id rather have Kent and Alfie in the team than say £1.5m in the kitty

Hong Kong Island 72

Try to recoup whatever money we can get from them. Use the money in the summer. Could still get a decent fee I hope if that’s the case.

obviously hoping they both sign contracts kent especially.

Why would they agree to leave now when they can pocket that transfer fee themselves in the summer?

der_hammer10

Much like us trying to get raskin we’d get nothing meaningful this late in the window

Put it this way, Id rather have Kent and Alfie in the team than say £1.5m in the kitty
I still harbour a hope that Rangers sign both up, Beale gets them both playing again like we know they can, they contribute to trophies at Rangers and once again become sellable assets.

Last edited:

Cooper22

The club should give Kent and Morelos an ultimatum before the window shuts.
Not sure you can bully modern day players with agents. They'll do what's best for them in the end. If he doesn't sign soon hopefully Kent will do a Goldson and sign before next season.
TBH, I've given up on Alfie, probably best for all parties for him to move on but agree a fee for him would have been good...

Totti

Kirkhillbear

I'll be really disappointed if the only body in the door come the end of the window is Cantwell.
Just takes us a bloody lifetime to get transfer business done.

Kit_Bear

I put forward the motion for a blanket ban on all puns until we've at least signed one more player this window. It's bumping the page numbers up when I go on here and I keep thinking it's more news and I'm too raging to appreciate them.

Nick Angel

I put forward the motion for a blanket ban on all puns until we've at least signed one more player this window. It's bumping the page numbers up when I go on here and I keep thinking it's more news and I'm too raging to appreciate them.
That’s on you for expecting this thread to actually be on topic

N.Novo1

I’d suggest we would be far better keeping both players than losing them now for what would be paltry sums.

The players hold all the cards in this current situation, not the club.

Any sort of ultimatum makes no sense.
Would be nice to get some sort of sell on fee for Kent if he was going to leave anyway. Especially with cantwell here too. This is obviously worse case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts