Official The Winter 2022/23 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrymoped

They are doing exactly what Raskin and Cantwell have done to their clubs.
Are they though?

Or are they actually open to staying, but on their (inflated) terms?

So far there hasn’t been a hint, absolutely nothing, of either player talking with other clubs.

While Cantwell and Raskin both have been (obviously), with both supposedly making it clear they wanted to leave. I don’t think Kent or Alfie have.

Weebilly

Regarding the Kent situation, wasnt there a sell-on clause when he signed. If so, if he lets contract run down, will the sell on become void and he can sign on own terms. Meaning better deal for us, if he signs at end of contract.
Hoggy from H&H a few months back suggested that he thought was what happened with Goldson too.

Makes sense. Can then offer the player more as a future cost (the potential sell on) has been removed?

cooperman

Are they though?

Or are they actually open to staying, but on their (inflated) terms?

So far there hasn’t been a hint, absolutely nothing, of either player talking with other clubs.

While Cantwell and Raskin both have been (obviously), with both supposedly making it clear they wanted to leave. I don’t think Kent or Alfie have.
you don't know that, and neither does anyone else but them

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Almost every other club it's par for the course to talk about players injury yet it's a secret at ours. Almost every other transfer it's common practice to state contract length yet not at ours.

Honestly struggle to come across more boring content on here then posters coming on telling us how we're different due to patient confidentiality or contract law:D

Mr Meeseeks

Regarding the Kent situation, wasnt there a sell-on clause when he signed. If so, if he lets contract run down, will the sell on become void and he can sign on own terms. Meaning better deal for us, if he signs at end of contract.
Hope this is true and means he’s signed up and if we sell in the future we get all the fee. Only risk is if he plays brilliant from now till the end of the season he might attract interest from a team in England before his contract officially runs out.

Growler

Official Ticketer
If we wait for Kent and Alf to officially leave the club and then re-sign them on a new deal, doesn’t that render the %s of fees to former clubs dead?

Would rather be selling a Kent or Morelos with 2-3 years and 0 sell-on fees than one with 4 months and a 20% sell-on fee. Assume this may have been a similar case with Goldson.

JeffreySpauIding

Is there much point doing that?

Caused a lot of hassle from the fans for Goldson and how much would we selling a 30 year old centre back for that we assume wanted to stay anyway?

I think he just changed his mind after the European run and seeing what clubs wanted him.

CanuckBear

I had heard that this is exactly what Goldson did too.....as we were due to pay money to Brighton if he resigned with us.

TerryArcade

I'm not saying it won't happen but the club probably don't want to get a reputation for dodging add on payments by getting players to run down their contracts before extending them. It would probably result in us having to structure deals in the future with a higher upfront fee as selling clubs would be less willing to include add ons that they might never see.

If there were no downsides to cutting these deals with players then it would probably happen a lot more than it apparently does.

Awritenobad

Almost every other club it's par for the course to talk about players injury yet it's a secret at ours. Almost every other transfer it's common practice to state contract length yet not at ours.

Honestly struggle to come across more boring content on here then posters coming on telling us how we're different due to patient confidentiality or contract law:D

Write to the club if you’re not happy!!

:)) :)) :))

Barrymoped

you don't know that, and neither does anyone else but them
Obviously not.

But there have been no whispers or anything about them talking to other clubs.

They have been free to do that now for almost a month, yet nothing.

That tells me that either there’s no interest at all from other clubs, or both are a open to staying.

RTamID

I'm not saying it won't happen but the club probably don't want to get a reputation for dodging add on payments by getting players to run down their contracts before extending them. It would probably result in us having to structure deals in the future with a higher upfront fee as selling clubs would be less willing to include add ons that they might never see.

If there were no downsides to cutting these deals with players then it would probably happen a lot more than it apparently does.
Good post, good call!! Never even thought of it having a knock on, negative effect down the line!!

JMCK

And no one can really say this is happening anyway. Whatever it is or will be will, inevitably, cut both ways; which you rightly illustrate.

cooperman

Obviously not.

That tells me that either there’s no interest at all from other clubs, or both are a open to staying.
or they've kept things to themselves, and managed to keep things private, I'm not as fussed as most on here either way tbh

Now and forever

If we wait for Kent and Alf to officially leave the club and then re-sign them on a new deal, doesn’t that render the %s of fees to former clubs dead?

Would rather be selling a Kent or Morelos with 2-3 years and 0 sell-on fees than one with 4 months and a 20% sell-on fee. Assume this may have been a similar case with Goldson.
I think it does.

sheddensbear

Obviously not.

Or they've signed a pre contract away from Ibrox but don't want to announce it for fear of backlash.
Only Rangers and both players know what's happening.

insanicdrunk

Or they've signed a pre contract away from Ibrox but don't want to announce it for fear of backlash.
Only Rangers and both players know what's happening.

Kent hasnt anyway as he has mentioned he will sit down with Beale in the coming weeks.

With Beale being the manager now I can see Kent staying, he has been a big part of his career since he was a kid. There is obviously a mutual respect & trust between them.

JMCK

Kent hasnt anyway as he has mentioned he will sit down with Beale in the coming weeks.

With Beale being the manager now I can see Kent staying, he has been a big part of his career since he was a kid. There is obviously a mutual respect & trust between them.
It might also weigh heavily on what he is offered elsewhere, in terms of a new challenge perhaps. Hopefully he stays here though; and Morelos.

gersandproud

Apologies for going slightly off topic - & for being a bit thick
But just to confirm a point that's become confusing to me -
Do the rules allow any player in the final 6 months of his contract to sign a pre-contract agreement at any stage in the final 6 months ?
Or can that only be done during the transfer window periods ?

DarnleyTrueBlue

Do the rules allow any player in the final 6 months of his contract to sign a pre-contract agreement at any stage in the final 6 months ?
Anytime.

RFC56

Recall Boyd saying recently that he thinks Kent may do the same as Goldson i.e. wait until his contract expires before signing a new deal

Maybe there are clauses / add ons in the existing contract that will not apply if the existing contract expires
I do think there is something in that, I’m sure that was said after Goldson signed he new deal. A few people hinted at their being clauses in there original contract. Plus they get a bigger sign on bonus as well when their a free contract.

ShieldhallBear

I see you’ve already been answered but what I would add is that it’s different for England to elsewhere than it is England to England. For example Blackburn I think wanted Cantwell and had an offer knocked back, but they couldn’t open pre-contract talks with him until a month before expiry, whereas we could already. Just to throw some confusion in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.