The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

@erskine bear is a Serie A aficionado who'll be able to give you the low down. The few times I've seen him he looks up be your classic number 9
Cheers mate. Never actually seen him play that I can remember but his goal scoring record is unreal for a league that's notoriously difficult for strikers to get big numbers

@erskine bear is a Serie A aficionado who'll be able to give you the low down. The few times I've seen him he looks up be your classic number 9
Tremendous talent.

Lethal striker, reminds a bit of Lewandowski.

Lack of pace is the only week part of his game, even then it’s not like he’s towing caravans or anything.

He’s been incredible the last 15 months. Don’t think he wants to go to Arsenal though.

Scored a cracker earlier.

Benfica didn’t have a recall option. The only question is what the terms of the option to buy are, you’d think it’s still up to the player.
Yeh I had that one on in the background and they kept him quiet.

We need 56, thats the crucial factor for jota staying or going, hes there to get a league win for them and automatic qualifying to champions league.

If they don't he is more likely to go home.

Tremendous talent.

Lack of pace is the only week part of his game, even then it’s not like he’s towing caravans or anything.

He’s been incredible the last 15 months. Don’t think he wants to go to Arsenal though.

£1.8m from Partizan as well.

What an effort.

Factor in that SPFL managers will have adapted to "Ange ball" - their biggest wins were the first three home league games of the season they had a GD of +15 , just +5 in the next 6.

Sounds like a film I once seen, Star Trek and the threat of the Angie Borg.

Tremendous talent.

Cheers mate. I was told you're the man for the insight

Could argue they ain’t even signed anyone of note yet , so it no more then great for us because we haven’t really started yet

They had dosh to bring in the aussie, so they still have that dosh.

Only when the window shuts can an assessment be made for them and us.

Tremendous talent.

Replacement fir Morelos in the summer sorted then

To be fair to all of them, Warburton had and has Coached at a higher level and ultimately seems far more clued up. His downside I feel is that he seems to be doing Football as a job in the same way you or I do our jobs. I never really got the feeling he lives and breathes it the way the best Managers do.

Big Ange strikes me as being figuratively and literally from the Bush Leagues and at nearly 60 he’s not suddenly become the great Coach the Scottish Media think he is.

There’s something incredibly false about his tough talk in the media and then there’s the inability to look at people when being interviewed….

A gutless wonder due to be exposed very soon
I’ve said that before in a post mate and totally agree. It was easier to buy in and give Warburton more time and more slack because his CV was good and to be honest was a bit of a coup for us in the Championship. The fat Aussie has nothing behind him.

Tremendous talent.

Vlahovic I assume? Incredible talent.

I’ve said that before in a post mate and totally agree. It was easier to buy in and give Warburton more time and more slack because his CV was good and to be honest was a bit of a coup for us in the Championship. The fat Aussie has nothing behind him.

After 19 matches in the league, Postecoglou had 42 points. At the same stage in the league under Warburton, Rangers had 38 points in the 2016/17 season. That's with a hell of a lot going wrong, i.e. the Barton saga, low morale with Celtic steaming ahead and a number of players not settling or being injured.

I don't think anyone can dispute Warburton would have picked up another 4 points had he inherited a settled Scottish Premiership squad, and had £25m to spend on top of that. People talk about the rebuild Postecoglou has had, and yet he inherited a squad with about 15 players who had a league winners medal, and multiple players who cost £3m+ to buy. Warburton had none of that.

With that being said, it's disingenuous to say they're comparable as managers based on their achievements in the game so far. Warburton has achieved a lot more with a lot less resources.

They had dosh to bring in the aussie, so they still have that dosh.

Only when the window shuts can an assessment be made for them and us.
Aye...
I think there was maybe a wee bit of fantasy about the transfer value of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the <=£1m bracket.

Aye...
I think there was maybe a wee bit of fantasy about the transfer value of this one. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the <=£1m bracket.
I think Middlesboro are paying £5 million with add ons or something like that.

I think Middlesboro are paying £5 million with add ons or something like that.
I smell shite in this one. I think this is a face saving fable spouted by a Celtic friendly tabloid. 'We lost out in a bidding war'. I so you did. This is a big pile of steaming shite if you ask me.

There is nothing that would inflate this kids loan loan loan career to an inflated £5m. You wouldn't need to pay that if you wanted him and the kid and his agent wouldn't have simply said we will go to the highest bidder...if a bidding war' was even a real thing.

Of course I don't know, I'm guessing / speculating but Id have thought around the £1m bracket was a decent price.

I Just took a quick look at transfer market for a rough indication and even they don't seem to be quoting him anywhere near the £5m mark.
They have him nearer the £500k mark.
Who knows.

^I agree, makes no sense that a higher transfer fee would have any impact because the player decides to go and his club had already accepted £3m from the scum so all ‘Boro had to do is to match that.

Quite simply they offered him a more attractive package. Speaks volumes that this Aussie was not swayed by the chance to work for the “great tactician” the Antipodean slug is supposed to be and instead has chosen to play under Wilder instead.

Postecoglou simply has no pull for players except perhaps Japanese players.

Welcome to ra Sellik Riley McGree
" I've always wanted to play for Middlesborough. When I was little, growing up in the outback, I'd stay up late to watch their games. Once I heard they were interested, I couldn't wait to get out of that hotel and dodge the great sellick."

The fact he's back doing light training for them suggests he'll be here for the rest of the season anyway.

Don't know if you saw their game against Hearts at the piggery, but Michael Smith played Jota really well and never gave him a kick.

He kept showing him outside on to his weaker foot and Jota never got past him once.

It was good experienced defending.

Smith and Haring were good that night, but it was our boy Souttar who was orchestrating the defence. Fantastic use of the ball as well, and they're still rattled at how he bullied Kyogo.

A player I've wanted us to sign since I first saw him as a 16-year-old for Dundee United. Be buzzing if we get this over the line today.

Smith and Haring were good that night, but it was our boy Souttar who was orchestrating the defence. Fantastic use of the ball as well, and they're still rattled at how he bullied Kyogo.

A player I've wanted us to sign since I first saw him as a 16-year-old for Dundee United. Be buzzing if we get this over the line today.

Yep, I agree mate, he'd a very good game.

Kyogo's only involvement was his offside goal.

Young Aussie schoolboy Riley McGree pays to light up Sydney Harbour Bridge declaring his love of Middlesbrough FC

Aye throwing a bit of money about. Romero will be on a decent wage. They’ve got the welsh boy on loan from Chelsea as well and their loans aren’t cheap. Caldara from Milan as well.

Dortmund are pushing Halaand to make a decision on his future but he has said he just wants to concentrate on football. I can see him leaving this window.

Seen they signed Michaël Cuisance last week aswell.

Have they got money or something happening there?

Was France u21 and played for Monchengladbach, Bayern and Marseille.

Decent pedigree there and didn't cost much.
Think he has attitude problems and Bayern seemed desperate to get rid.

Back