The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

We all wanted Aribo due to the level of teams also in for him, he was very sought after.

If we were sitting here right now looking at our squad and were spending £1.5mil on a league 1 player it would be drama central on FF - 'cant believe we're going from Veerman to a player at MK Dons'

I mean look at the place after a draw. Place is full of irrational lunatics.
Aribo didn’t arrive to much of a fanfare tbh. We were happy with the signing but I don’t think anyone expected him to develop into the player he has become and the same can be said of Kamara too.

Besides Aribo was much more sought after than this MK Dons player so he was more of a coup.

Slightly contrasting posts. I agree that Aribo was very sought after and a bit of a coup for us. I fully expected him to kick on to levels he is currently at.

I take the point you'd likely get folk complaining at L1 signings, but no matter who we sign you'll get complaints. There has been people saying Skov Olsen isn't good enough.

As long as the moan isn't solely based on the league or club the player is at, and they've actually done some research in to the player its fair. Otherwise its just ignorant nonsense.

There are some attacking midfielders in L1 that are decent, but I wouldn't like us to sign. Scott Twine is a better player than Matt O'Riley for me, but O'Riley will be effective rotationally. I'd be really happy to see us go for Twine.

On the bold, Bacuna hasn’t had a chance. And when he has started, against Ross County at home, he scored and was MOTM. We don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes so we don’t know the reasons why he’s not getting a game but he made an impact in the one game where he was able to play the full match.
He was decent against Ross County yep, but some of his sub appearances have been really, really poor.

His only appearance under Gio has been Lyon away, which was one of the above poor appearances. Writing is on the wall for him.

He was decent against Ross County yep, but some of his sub appearances have been really, really poor.

His only appearance under Gio has been Lyon away, which was one of the above poor appearances. Writing is on the wall for him.
I think we could do with a better attacking midfielder but we have three players atm who can play in the one number 10 position in Aribo, Hagi and Bacuna. We simply can’t bring another unless one of those leaves.

I’m disappointed Bacuna was never brought on yesterday. We had nothing in midfield and could barely string a pass together. If you remember Hearts at home, Bacuna came on and out two chances on a plate for Morelos and Roofe with forward passes through the defence. I’m just not going to write him off until he’s had a proper chance.

Newcastle keen on Jesse Lingard, who has amassed 205 league matches in 11 years. I wonder how many games he has actually started, he’s 29 and looking for a big pay day, good fit for Newcastle.

Newcastle keen on Jesse Lingard, who has amassed 205 league matches in 11 years. I wonder how many games he has actually started, he’s 29 and looking for a big pay day, good fit for Newcastle.
Hes wasted so many years at man utd, didnt realise he is 29 think the media go on as if hes still a young boy

Don't think there will be anyone 'bothered' by the signing, but its an effective one and the type we need. Whilst we sit on our hands.

I'd wager he'll be more impactful than Bacuna.

Will he be more impactful than Joe Aribo?

Because that's what they need to beat to get above us.

Not really how it works.

My point, poorly made, was simply that the team with the best squad will be most likely to win the league, and that's us.

This guy being more impactful than Bacuna is a flawed debate because he's not facing the same competition to play as Bacuna is.

Martin Boyle to that Saudi club looks like it’s happening. Saudis have come in with a new bid and Maloney has left him out for their cup game tonight.

Good news for us IMO, weakens Hibs before we play them in a few weeks time. He’s 100% their best player and most potent attacking threat.

Other than money, I can’t believe Diego Carlos wants to join Newcastle.

He’ll be on a massive wage playing second tier football next season.

Sevilla potentially have CL football and he’s also got other clubs looking at him.

Other than money, I can’t believe Diego Carlos wants to join Newcastle.

He’ll be on a massive wage playing second tier football next season.

Sevilla potentially have CL football and he’s also got other clubs looking at him.
Not to mention moving from beautiful Seville to Newcastle. As you say, his agent must have told him of the ridiculous wage being offered and the player is only interested in that.

Apparently anyone signing for Celt!c is now contractually obliged to state it took only one call/conversation/word from Big Ange and he had to sign.

At that stage, there simply was no other possible choice.

We’ll the journos had already written up the stories for the Aussie lad that was meant to come in, so a quick ‘find and replace’ was a job well done for them

They signed someone?? But Ange said business was done and anything that said other wise would be utter lies! Imagine if our manager acted like this the press would go for them!

Anyway who is the new dude? Is it a decent signing?

Man City in for Alverez from river plate if he is anything like he is in football manager he will be a great signing.

Is he an Aguero type striker?
He has a fantastic shot on him, will score inside and outside the box, but I'd say he's no Aguero, yet. 21 and can still add to his game.

He'll do very well for City and will suit Peps style of play. He'll put the ball away even through lots of opposition players and he's also good on the counter.

Aberdeen have signed Dutch winger Vicente Besuijen from ADO Den Haag.

Looks pretty good to be fair. A move to Coventry fell through in recent years.

Reactions: CF4
Back