The Winter Transfer Window (non-Rangers)

Kevin McDonald training with St Johnstone he’s still without a club after leaving Fulham and his kidney issues

They’ve also re-signed Cammy McPherson from St Mirren on a permanent deal and recalled Callum Hendry from Killie

Last edited:
Couple of players going to the US:

Alan Velasco looks like he is joining FC Dallas from Independiente for $7m + 1.7m in add ons - on paper looks a bargain.

And,

I remember when American games of football were decided by players running from 35 yards out for a one on one with the goalkeeper. Now they’re out there throwing the cash about the jammy f*ckers.

How did our league fall so far behind?

The MSL is certainly taking the talent from South America and decent talent at that!

It's interesting what's happening here because these type of players traditionally headed to Europe and the likes of Porto, Benfica, Leverkusen, PSV etc... MLS is more than able to out bid and out pay those teams now. It's funny because I keep seeing that Patrick Caskie guy suggesting we sign x, y and z Uruguayan's and Colombians and I think to myself 'mate he's going to end up in MLS for a fee we can't hope to compete with!‘

It's interesting what's happening here because these type of players traditionally headed to Europe and the likes of Porto, Benfica, Leverkusen, PSV etc... MLS is more than able to out bid and out pay those teams now. It's funny because I keep seeing that Patrick Caskie guy suggesting we sign x, y and z Uruguayan's and Colombians and I think to myself 'mate he's going to end up in MLS for a fee we can't hope to compete with!‘
I think we should be looking at these leagues, the fees these teams are playing should be within our reach

Listening to Marcotti talking about it now and god knows how they are going to finance it. I’m sure there will be some jiggery pokery in that.
I was starting to wonder when Juve would make their move.

The fact Fiorentina have been trying to essentially forcefully move him England just now but him nonchalantly saying he’ll wait till the summer - made it look suss :))

Juve is best move Vlahovic could've got IMO - knows the league and there's virtually no competition for his place, especially if they manage to shift Morata.

Think he'll do really well there (unfortunately :)))

They are trying to punt Morata and Daybala apparently
Is Dybala not available on a free contract? I know they can still sell him this window, but I thought that would be the issue.

They were linked with Scamacca so I wonder if they will try their best to shift players on and sign Vlahovic and if they have issues financing it they will go for him as a back up. They need to make the CL and either of those two guarantees it I think.

Juve were pretty toothless up front against Milan at the weekend, and with Chiesea out for the season, signing Vlahovic is a must. Good for Serie A its best young talent is staying around.

I am glad Vlahovic is staying in Serie A, if Juve can get him in and sort of the midfield issue then they’ll be back on top, sadly.

They were linked with Scamacca so I wonder if they will try their best to shift players on and sign Vlahovic and if they have issues financing it they will go for him as a back up. They need to make the CL and either of those two guarantees it I think.

Fiorentina could do worse than Scammaca as a replacement for Vlahovic. Some top notch finishing this season.

Is this the same as the Locatelli situation in the summer. Arsenal were interested and Juve, who have zero money to spend, magically find some Euros and push through the transfer and nobody really asks where or how?
Locatelli is only on loan at Juve, obligation to buy is a work around FFP & gives them time to get the money together - he’s also a Juve fan, so would have forced it.

A loan to buy is incredibly common in Italy, so Is the concept of loan players being allowed to play against their parent club - which I find bizarre.

Seen reported on SSN that Dortmund are looking at Karim Adeyemi as replacement for the injured Haaland, that boy is a player
Think it’s all been verbally agreed for a good while, turned down Barca & PSG for them, not sure if they’ll bring it forward due to the injury.

Back