The World Cup play-off table

So if we win both games (Unlikely).... all four bottom teams would need to win both games for us not to reach the playoffs .... am i reading this correctly ?

Scotland shoot themselves in the foot every time. It's depressing to watch.
Worth noting that if Scotland were on the runners up table they'd only have 8 points as results against the bottom seeds don't count.

Double checking, as it stands they'd be outside the playoff as the Malta games being removed would take goal difference from +4 to -2.

To be honest I don't care, the Scottish national team and their tranny army are IMO an embarrassment to the country.

I've said it before; it's our Scotland team as well. Clearly the majority of us don't recognise ourselves as part of the TA (nor should we; they're an embarrassment) but we should try to find our own identity as Unionist Scotland and Rangers supporters.

Worth noting that if Scotland were on the runners up table they'd only have 8 points as results against the bottom seeds don't count.

Double checking, as it stands they'd be outside the playoff as the Malta games being removed would take goal difference from +4 to -2.

How typically Scotland.

I've said it before; it's our Scotland team as well. Clearly the majority of us don't recognise ourselves as part of the TA (nor should we; they're an embarrassment) but we should try to find our own identity as Unionist Scotland and Rangers supporters.

You are correct mate. I used to go to all the internationals at Hampden, but that was a long time ago. We are not welcome, Rangers players being booed simply for being Rangers players doesn't make me feel at home or part of something.

Scotland will probably finish second but come worst second and lose out.... sounds just about right!!

It's more than just the TA though.
There's a manager who's a spiteful wee prick and won't pick Rangers players.
The SFA have shown themselves to be against Rangers in everything they've done since our troubles began.
The Scottish national side has lurched so far to poetdom they'll be playing home games at the paedodome.

I have nothing in common with any part of it, other than where I happened to be born.
I support Scotland in any other sport. I wish for the football team what their association and fans wished for my club.

The SFA have shown themselves to be against Rangers in everything they've done since our troubles began.
The Scottish national side has lurched so far to poetdom they'll be playing home games at the paedodome.

I have nothing in common with any part of it, other than where I happened to be born.
I support Scotland in any other sport. I wish for the football team what their association and fans wished for my club.

There's not a single Rangers player who would currently get a game in the Scotland side currently, those closest Jack/Dorrans, couldn't get a game before signing for us in the summer so it's hardly a shock they still aren't getting one.

I'm confused?
Why is it looking good?
It's lifted from a Norn Iron forum (I think!) so is from their point of view. That aside, if, & I realise that's it's an if of monumental proportions, Scotland do win the next 2 games they'd be 5th in that table. Who knows, with even a wee bit more luck in this Through the Looking Glass scenario of mine they could even sneak a seeded spot!o_O

T

This for me, couldn't agree more and sort of hope we don't qualify, sadly

Two tough games coming up for Northern Ireland so we could potentially lose out on a play-off place, although the other second place teams would all have to win their remaining two games. It is looking good though.

I would rather no Rangers players were picked for Scotland but as things stand there are none who would get in on merit.

There's not a single Rangers player who would currently get a game in the Scotland side currently, those closest Jack/Dorrans, couldn't get a game before signing for us in the summer so it's hardly a shock they still aren't getting one.
I'm not talking about the last week though.
I'm talking about his 'can't pick players from lower division' then picking a Hibs player.
His trailing Lee Wallace about to never use him.
Him only picking Rangers players as squad filler when he gave the sellick players time off mid season.

There may not be a Rangers player currently good enough, but he wouldn't know.
When was he last at Ibrox?

It's lifted from a Norn Iron forum (I think!) so is from their point of view. That aside, if, & I realise that's it's an if of monumental proportions, Scotland do win the next 2 games they'd be 5th in that table. Who knows, with even a wee bit more luck in this Through the Looking Glass scenario of mine they could even sneak a seeded spot!o_O

I'm 99% sure the seeding for the playoffs is based on FIFA ranking; if that's true then in the unlikely event Scotland finish 2nd in our group, we have no chance of being seeded (we are pretty much the lowest ranked side out of any that still have a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs). As it stands NI would also be struggling to be seeds although there are a number of teams just above them in the rankings who may or may not be in the playoffs.

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/uefa.html

How up to date is that? As on Live Scores app Wales have 14 points and have played 8 games?

I'm not talking about the last week though.
I'm talking about his 'can't pick players from lower division' then picking a Hibs player.
His trailing Lee Wallace about to never use him.
Him only picking Rangers players as squad filler when he gave the sellick players time off mid season.

There may not be a Rangers player currently good enough, but he wouldn't know.
When was he last at Ibrox?

He is aware of what Wallace can/can't do, so it'd be mental watching him constantly at Ibrox. He's also aware in Robertson he has a superior player.

I get the whole 'cant pick a player from lower division' and then giving McGinn a game (despite the fact he isn't anywhere near good enough).

I'm actually content we have no players playing for Scotland currently, as international week is just an opportunity for injuries to be picked up. I support Scotland and want them to do well, but from a selfish point of view, Rangers players not being at risk of injury in these fixtures pleases me.

I'm 99% sure the seeding for the playoffs is based on FIFA ranking; if that's true then in the unlikely event Scotland finish 2nd in our group, we have no chance of being seeded (we are pretty much the lowest ranked side out of any that still have a realistic chance of reaching the playoffs). As it stands NI would also be struggling to be seeds although there are a number of teams just above them in the rankings who may or may not be in the playoffs.
I was under the impression that the top 4 runners-up were the seeds & the remaining 4 unseeded. As I said it was a "Through the Looking Glass" scenario anyway!

Can't see Scotland winning the next two games but you never know. A bit of momentum from the last 3 results can go a long way. Even if it is just Malta and Lithuania.

I was under the impression that the top 4 runners-up were the seeds & the remaining 4 unseeded. As I said it was a "Through the Looking Glass" scenario anyway!

Thats wrong, the seeds will be made up by the 4 sides who are highest placed in the FIFA rankings when they are released in October.

While i do not hope Scotland loses, I will not be cheering them on, or being bothered at all.
Nothing for me there now.

Scotland will probably beat Slovakia then draw with Slovenia away by conceding a daft goal in the last minute while Slovakia are pumping Malta and getting 2nd place on goal difference.

Scotland will probably beat Slovakia then draw with Slovenia away by conceding a daft goal in the last minute while Slovakia are pumping Malta and getting 2nd place on goal difference.

This would amuse me greatly.

I'm neither here nor there. If pushed, I'd say I hope Weiss scores a hat trick against us and we get papped.

If Scotland qualified, I still wouldn't be going.

Most likely way: Bosnia or Wales drawing a match which is feasible, we don't win games by many goals so I think our goal difference won't be good enough. 2 likely matches to help us, Bosnia v Belgium (although will Belgium be bothered as they are group winners?) and Wales v Ireland, all to play for in this one. Sweden, Iceland or Montenegro could lose one also. I reckon at the end of the competition 20 points for Scotland will be enough but I don't think we will win the 2 games, nevertheless it keeps it interesting for the next game v Slovakia at least.

Last edited:
We will somehow do the Slovaks

Then it will go to hell in a bread basket in Ljubljana thereafter in a complete meltdown

I have a feeling NI will still need another point to ensure a playoff spot.

This exactly. I go to Murrayfield to watch Scotland play rugby but I'll never support them playing football.

Northern Ireland will take over Iceland and Sweden in the new rankings, thus be seeded if it ended today (due to Wales being the worst 2nd place, if they aren't then NI would be unseeded).

Back