The young lad Turnbull

And look how that turned out...

Docherty at Hamilton was a better prospect than Campbell is at Motherwell and Docherty is miles off being a Rangers player now. Anyway, we're going round in circles here - Campbell isn't of the required standard, and I'm pretty sure Gerrard knows that.

I know very little about Campbell can’t even remember seeing him playing I was talking about Turnbull.

I said he was a better goal scoring midfielder than anyone in Scotland not the best midfielder overall. He's still one of the best anyway

He’s not a better goal scorer than any of them it’s easy for players at teams like Motherwell to score as teams don’t park the bus totally different playing for us or them .

He's very much an attacking midfielder mate.

His defensive qualities are minimal.

Gerrard has moved from 4-3-2-1 to 4-2-3-1 against the so called lesser teams, but I don't see him going with another attacking mid at the expense of one of his central/defensive mids.

He likes his team to have control of the midfield, in and out of possession.

If Turnbull came to us, it would definitely be to compete in the attacking mid positions.

I dont think he plays the same role as the likes of Kent, Roofe or Hagi mate hes a goal scoring central midfielder.

I know very little about Campbell can’t even remember seeing him playing I was talking about Turnbull.

I know. I'm in agreement that Turnbull has potential.

I was responding to The Dude suggesting Campbell was a better option than Turnbull.

I dont think he plays the same role as the likes of Kent, Roofe or Hagi mate hes a goal scoring central midfielder.

I thought he was playing behind the striker at Motherwell mate?

I never realised he was a central midfielder.

He doesn't seem to do a lot when his team are out of possession.

Are we interested in him?
I wasn't aware of any talk?

If we sell Docherty and McCrorie then we could do worse than bring him in as a squad player. Would annoy the tims which is always a delight

I thought he was playing behind the striker at Motherwell mate?

I never realised he was a central midfielder.

He doesn't seem to do a lot when his team are out of possession.

Are we interested in him?
I wasn't aware of any talk?

His main position is centre mid mate. I dont have a clue to be honest. Got to imagine we keep tabs on all best players in league. Wouldnt be surprised if the rats go back in for him.

Jake Hastie was Motherwells best player , That worked well didn’t it !
I work with a few Well fans , when we signed Hastie they said we'd got the wrong man and that Turnbull was by far the better player , it's a no brainer for me even based on Keith Lasleys assessment of the boy which is glowing. Lasley is no legend of the game but he's been around and has watched Turnbull through all the ranks and says he'll be a top player.

I work with a few Well fans , when we signed Hastie they said we'd got the wrong man and that Turnbull was by far the better player , it's a no brainer for me even based on Keith Lasleys assessment of the boy which is glowing. Lasley is no legend of the game but he's been around and has watched Turnbull through all the ranks and says he'll be a top player.

A free or for a million maybe worth a shot 3-4 million no chance.

His main position is centre mid mate. I dont have a clue to be honest. Got to imagine we keep tabs on all best players in league. Wouldnt be surprised if the rats go back in for him.

I remember he didn't do much against us before his injury, but he was just a kid then.

Will be interesting to see how he performs in weeks to come.

Docherty was going to be a superstar and the best young midfielder in Scotland apparently when we signed him so it’s not utter pish .
Dorrans was said to be the best midfielder in Scotland when he signed. Docherty never lived up to his hype, Turnbull has shown much more in half a season than Docherty has in his career both in Scotland and in England

He’s not a better goal scorer than any of them it’s easy for players at teams like Motherwell to score as teams don’t park the bus totally different playing for us or them .
How is he not a better goal scorer than them? He averaged a goal every other game in his only full season. Just for comparisons sake it took Aribo 58 more games in league one to get the amount of goals Turnbull has now, McGregor 43 in the same league playing for the best team in the league and Hagi 27 in Romania. Also while it may be harder in some areas for players because there's less space when playing the jobbers , Turnbull would also be playing with much better players around him than he is at motherwell so it goes both ways, i mean ffs the poor guy was having to set up goals for the likes of Curtis Main and Connor Sammon. It's not like League one is everyone sitting behind the ball playing for 0-0 but people were still happy to sign Aribo and for good reason, things like that are never said about foreign players, it's usually only ever said as a negative about players playing here.

Turnbull is a good player and it will take him going down south and proving it or even worse doing it for the mentally challengeds for some to realise it.

Dorrans was said to be the best midfielder in Scotland when he signed. Docherty never lived up to his hype, Turnbull has shown much more in half a season than Docherty has in his career both in Scotland and in England
Besides Docherty has done well everywhere else but here. He just doesn't have enough technical ability to make it for us, that's not a area Turnbull is lacking in.

I'll just leave this here....

turnbullsnip.png

Anyone comparing Turnbull and Docherty as footballers have obviously never seen Turnbull play. They are completely polar opposites in terms of style and technique.

Doc is a quick workhorse b2b mid.

Turnbull is a quite slow offensive midfielder who seems to have the Midas touch with getting in the right place for shooting opportunities. He also has fantastic technique when it comes to striking a ball.

People running this lad down seem to forget (or don't realise) he was into double digits for goals in a half a season from midfield and won young player of the year. He's had one injury that went undocumented until he was about to sign for them. I think a lot of the bias against him comes from that.

If he recaptures his form post injury then we should definitely look at him. Personally I would look at Campbell at Motherwell as well. Seems The type of player who could make the step up, a solid back up for Jack at the very least.

No way sorry Dorrans was done before we signed him .

This place was a frenzy when Docherty was signed as he did well against us on several occasions and played almost 100 games for Hamilton. He was also outstanding in League one so so far he’s had a better career than Turnbull .

How is he not a better goal scorer than them? He averaged a goal every other game in his only full season. Just for comparisons sake it took Aribo 58 more games in league one to get the amount of goals Turnbull has now, McGregor 43 in the same league playing for the best team in the league and Hagi 27 in Romania. Also while it may be harder in some areas for players because there's less space when playing the jobbers , Turnbull would also be playing with much better players around him than he is at motherwell so it goes both ways, i mean ffs the poor guy was having to set up goals for the likes of Curtis Main and Connor Sammon. It's not like League one is everyone sitting behind the ball playing for 0-0 but people were still happy to sign Aribo and for good reason, things like that are never said about foreign players, it's usually only ever said as a negative about players playing here.

Turnbull is a good player and it will take him going down south and proving it or even worse doing it for the mentally challengeds for some to realise it.

He’s not a better goal scorer than the 3 mentioned he’s scored 16 goals all in for Motherwell one good season where he scored 15 goals that’s basically it .

He may have potential but so does Hagi and Aribo both who are far superior players.

I like Campbell as a cm, think once Davis is no loner part of our team, which I think may be at the end of the season, I would move for him to replace him, think he has some good qualities as the sitting midfielder. I like turnbull as well but just don’t think we need another attacking midfielder, he’d be behind aribo and hagi as a no10. We need more of a box to box cm.

He wasn't. I know two Motherwell fans and they were both surprised we took Hastie, said at the time he was very raw and they've been proved correct.

I know several as well season ticket holders and they were raging when we signed him .

The week before we signed Docherty Alan Campbell played him off the park at Fir Park he never got a kick.
Spoke to a few English scouts at the game that day and most of them thought of Doc going to Rangers was a strange move by us.

Back