The young lad Turnbull

I’ve seen enough and looked at enough stats that show turnbull and Campbell were and are better players. How much did you watch of hastie at Motherwell?

Here we go championship manager stars again I bet you’ve seen Motherwell when we have played them and that’s about it .

Incidentally how many good games has Turnbull had against us ?

He’s not a better goal scorer than the 3 mentioned he’s scored 16 goals all in for Motherwell one good season where he scored 15 goals that’s basically it .

He may have potential but so does Hagi and Aribo both who are far superior players.
That's because he's only played one season and a handful of games, hardly like he's had one standout season in between 3-4 of bang average. Also Hagi doesn't and won't play as part of the midfield 2/3 so comparisons with Hagi are pointless for what Turnbull would do in our side and there's no reason why Aribo and Turnbull can't play at the same time. Against the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone or Livi at home there's no reason those two couldn't be on either side of one of Jack or Kamara. Turnbull will be worth a lot of money when he moves on to a bigger and better club and proves himself even more, not signing him because Aribo and someone who wouldn't even play in the same position are also good would be silly, especially when Kenny McLean apparently is worth signing for a similar or larger fee.

No way sorry Dorrans was done before we signed him .

This place was a frenzy when Docherty was signed as he did well against us on several occasions and played almost 100 games for Hamilton. He was also outstanding in League one so so far he’s had a better career than Turnbull .
It was apparent almost immediately after we signed Dorrans that his legs had gone.

That's because he's only played one season and a handful of games, hardly like he's had one standout season in between 3-4 of bang average. Also Hagi doesn't and won't play as part of the midfield 2/3 so comparisons with Hagi are pointless for what Turnbull would do in our side and there's no reason why Aribo and Turnbull can't play at the same time. Against the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone or Livi at home there's no reason those two couldn't be on either side of one of Jack or Kamara. Turnbull will be worth a lot of money when he moves on to a bigger and better club and proves himself even more, not signing him because Aribo and someone who wouldn't even play in the same position are also good would be silly, especially when Kenny McLean apparently is worth signing for a similar or larger fee.

I am not wanting to spend a lot of money on Kenny McLean but he’s the finished article Turnbull has had one good season.

Hagi should and probably will end up in the middle 3 he’s played as a 10 in several of our games so far.

Both Norwich and the Tim's put 3.5M on the table so he must have something way more than your valuation m8.

The Tims sign 4-5 players for every one they get right the other 3 or 4 end up pish so I wouldn’t hold them as a bench Mark the money they have wasted.

I would sign him, looks a promising prospect and would fit into our “Aribo” role in midfield picking up the ball in space. Just lacks a bit of pace but a really intelligent technically sound plAyer. Will go for good money at some point.

I thought when we signed hastie we got the better one out the both. Signing this guy wouldnt fill me with confidence.

That said ive not watched the boy extensively so i could be wrong in thinking it would be a bit of a meh signing.

Never seen Turnbull play unless it’s against us and even then I cant think of seeing him so certainly never stood out.

Watched him on open goal however and he is a boring bastard. Hope the football works for him as he will struggle with anything else.

My mate who’s a Motherwell fan raves about him. Most exciting talent they’ve had in a long while, he truly believes.

Would Motherwell be interested in taking some of our players who aren’t going to get a game for us anyway? Worth asking the question.
What was his thoughts on hastie

Never seen Turnbull play unless it’s against us and even then I cant think of seeing him so certainly never stood out.

Watched him on open goal however and he is a boring bastard. Hope the football works for him as he will struggle with anything else.
You say you’ve never seen him, you therefore obviously don’t know him. You can tell with your obnoxious comments! A nicer, hard working and humbler lad you couldn’t meet.

You say you’ve never seen him, you therefore obviously don’t know him. You can tell with your obnoxious comments! A nicer, hard working and humbler lad you couldn’t meet.

Who said he wasn’t any of the 3? Even if he is or isn’t it doesn’t change the fact I have never noticed him play against us therefore he’s never stood out. It also doesn’t change the fact he has the personality of a plank of wood

He looks a great prospect and the kind of player we should be signing.

However, we are not getting him for a sensible price so not happening. Fine by me.

Who said he wasn’t any of the 3? Even if he is or isn’t it doesn’t change the fact I have never noticed him play against us therefore he’s never stood out. It also doesn’t change the fact he has the personality of a plank of wood
As I said, you obviously don’t know him. Put you infront of a camera...are you De Niro? Have you appeared on national TV and radio before let alone at 20? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a personality!

Turnbull is a diddy who won’t do anything in his career apart from kicking %^*& out of people. He’s technically awful

Turnbull is the best young player technically in Scotland by quite a bit. If you watch Motherwell games it’s easy to see how good a player he is and how far ahead of his teammates he is with his movement and spotting runs

Fully expect the Tims to go back in for him near the end of the window after he’s basically got rid of his ring rust at Motherwell. They’ll have him replace Christie who’s going next summer

Turnbull is a diddy who won’t do anything in his career apart from kicking %^*& out of people. He’s technically awful

Turnbull is the best young player technically in Scotland by quite a bit. If you watch Motherwell games it’s easy to see how good a player he is and how far ahead of his teammates he is with his movement and spotting runs

Fully expect the Tims to go back in for him near the end of the window after he’s basically got rid of his ring rust at Motherwell. They’ll have him replace Christie who’s going next summer
ElatedHilariousAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
As I said, you obviously don’t know him. Put you infront of a camera...are you De Niro? Have you appeared on national TV and radio before let alone at 20? Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a personality!
I agree with you that could play a factor but your saying all this just because someone said he was boring on a podcast mate its just the guys opinion, if queenstreetloyal was an X factor judge turnbulls getting buzzed off regardless of the sob story or excuses being plead

No way sorry Dorrans was done before we signed him .

This place was a frenzy when Docherty was signed as he did well against us on several occasions and played almost 100 games for Hamilton. He was also outstanding in League one so so far he’s had a better career than Turnbull .
That was literally the point I was making, Dorrans was spoken about as though we’d just signed Xavi and he was rank rotten. Docherty is and always has been an absolute hype job by our fans, if he was half the player folk make him out to be he would be Davis’ replacement but he’s not even worthy of our bench.

So, you consider winning a player of the year trophy from a mid table team in England’s third tier to be better than Turnbull getting 15 goals from midfield in not even a full season. Turnbull was a medical away from a 3.5m move to that mob, we’re pushing Docherty out the door just looking to get our money back

He's only played one full season so far, whereas Docherty had played 3 before coming to us

Allan Campbell is the one I'd be keeping an eye on
Campbell has a really good attitude to the game and is a good player but he doesn’t have the technical ability or mobility to progress to much of a higher level than he’s at now. Turnbull could get to top half EPL without a doubt.

Well that’s that covered.

Back