Their desperation to state their result was better than ours

I'm not bothered, they were stick on to qualify regardless.

Just up to us to make sure we get through - I am confident.

Lazio looked a good side too me at parkhead and beat Milan at the San siro at the weekend let’s not kid ourselves , to be honest though I couldn’t care less about their result, it amazes me that people make threads talking about them.

They didn't turn up last night,the first 15 mins they were good then literally died a death,celtc pressed them high and got thier rewards hugely helped by Lazios defence who were as slow as Davy weir playing now,it was a good result for them but after watching the two games Porto looked a better team,some on here need to take stock celtc are not as bad as some believe and thier energy levels were very good last night but ours is too.

I think each win in their own right deserves a lot of credit

They are now through which give them the ability to rest players, which gives them the ability to focus on the league

Although I’m now confident we’ll go through it may have a bearing on how we play at the weekends

One thing is for sure.....there is no gap between the sides anymore none whatsoever and this league will come down to bottle and desire

The big bucket mouthed female Celtic fan in my work was pretty complimentary on our win last night, as she bellowed down the office, which surprised me. I just smiled as I don't like conversing with her about football at all.
If they hadn't won as well I doubt you would have got the same comments.

I never saw their game and have no intentions of watching it, but what I do know is by the end of this week it'll be the best European result by a Scottish Team since 1967 and a trophy should be awarded for it.

The Scottish press are like jellyfish converging on anything bheast, either for covering up or fawning.

Nothing on the IRAokee on the plans and streets of Rome ?

Lazio looked a good side too me at parkhead and beat Milan at the San siro at the weekend let’s not kid ourselves , to be honest though I couldn’t care less about their result, it amazes me that people make threads talking about them.

I’m just going on last nights game and they where rotten.

If they hadn't won as well I doubt you would have got the same comments.

I'm under no illusion that I would have. I'e posted on here before that when we beat them in the league she never uttered a word to me, then next time she was wanting to chat so I asked/told "Why are you talking to me about football now, when after we beat you, then you had nothing to say?"

I don;t really enter into conversations about football with any Celtic fans in general unless they are objective.

Two big and excellent results for both us and the bheggars last night.

I never saw the bheggars but they went to Rome and won 2-1 against a Lazio side who have had some good results in the league recently. Had that been us, we would be delighted.

Maybe they aren't as bad as FF make them out to be. Lennon is a more effective manager than Rodgers.

Our result and 4/6 points against last season's Champions League quarter finalists shows we are no mugs either. We've just owned Porto over two legs.

I've always considered myself an honest man and I will always give credit when credits due. Rangers and Celtic did Scotland proud last night. That said, Lazio were absolute shite :)) :))

I suppose it was a moral victory, and no small relief, that only two of them got stabbed up the ronson.

Nature of the rivalry to compare at every turn I guess. Both results were very good to be honest. Let’s focus on ourselves

Not only the fans of their club but their mhedia hordes too. For example, you must have had a rddy writing such bullshit Graeme Young of the daily record. He starts his love in with the headline that Neil Lennon is the Ultimate Euro Achiever.

FFS here is a reminder from all of a few months back

3-0 v Lyon not count in the champions league naw? Ha

They had beaten AC Milan at Park Paed the night before we beat Lyon, IIRC, and it was the same then.

Beating Lazio home and away, even if they did need two 95th minute goals to do so, is certainly worth crowing about - I know we would be - but I really couldn't have cared less that they did before the game last night and I certainly don't now.

The same is not true of them however. As much as they will have delighted at beating a top side on their own turf and qualifying for the knockout stages, you know that that joy will have been irrevocably tainted by our own success last night such is their all consuming obsession with us.

It's really no way to be living your life.

Are they the only club in the world who sing about winning a european cup over 50 years ago at every single match ?

Thats how bad their inferiority complex is, they need an event from 50 years ago to make them feel good.

Listen everyone, the progres first two games were a nightmare for us in terms of where we still were at that stage of getting back on our feet but last night shows The Gaffer, his backroom staff and the players are taking us back to the summit of top football.

Still more to be done, we are getting there.

Apparently Porto are shite. If Rangers beat a team in Europe it's always because the other team are shite. Oh another cracker I heard today was Lazio (reserves), Cluj and Rennes are all better than the three teams in our group. They simply cannot accept that we may actually be a decent side.

Are they the only club in the world who sing about winning a european cup over 50 years ago at every single match ?

Thats how bad their inferiority complex is, they need an event from 50 years ago to make them feel good.
The only team I know that does this.
Villa won it once. It's never mentioned. Forest did it twice and mostly the wonders of Brian Clough are mentioned. They don't switch their phones on every game at the 67th minute. Or that one game where they got it "wrong" at 66.
Even the dreaded Sheep, the only Scottish team to win two Euro trophies are suitably docile regards that period of history.
It is nice of the Tims to remind us every day of every week the names of the people involved in the biggest cover up in British Football.

Having a good chuckle at the desperate measures being employed to weight their result v Lazio better than ours v Porto .

We live rent free in their heads ,they can’t even enjoy last night without that mental rubber stamp of approval from anyone that their result was better and more meaningful than ours .

Some of the stuff is a proper laugh like the best ever away performance in Europe by a Scottish team LOL

I’m absolutely delighted with our result and how we are playing .
I’m glad I don’t read the papers up here or have to listen to any enablers and concealers.

Lazio are the 8th best team in Italy and I think only qualified for Europe because Milan pulled out. They finished nearer relegation than the champions. We‘ve just beaten a team that got to the last eight of the Champions league.

Too many English fans look down their noses at everybody to be fair and we are the belittled near neighbours that make them feel good about themselves . Only when they are humbled do they grudgingly accept that they are not masters of all that they survey and even then, humility is often in short supply. The way that Croatia were dismissed so readily at the WC semi proved that it didn't take a lot for the mask of respecting opponents to slip.

We will always be footballing diddies in their eyes.
I don't really care what England or anyone think of us. Rangers are everything to me and that's what counts. I don't give a %^*& what a Spurs fan thinks

Juventus aside Italian football is pretty poor, beating the team that finished 8th is not a major surprise.

I think Napoli and Inter are really good sides albeit the former are in a patchy run. That said, you’re spot on re Lazio. In the competition by default.

I take comfort in the fact that with that result against Lazio, their fans are now all of the opinion that Lennon is in fact their managerial Messiah and lead them to total domination on both European and domestic football for years to come.
Love it!
;)

Reactions: fmp
Did anyone watch the lazio game. They are pish. They bet a big name which is good for the Scottish game but the didn't beat a good side.
I watched the whole of the first game Lazio were so much in control & it was almost unbelievable they lost that game.???
Seen the first half of the second game in a pub & it looked like the Manky mob were the better team
However I had the highlight,s of all the games recorded & it looked to me that they rode their luck again
Big Lurch kept them in it & only silly mistakes from Lazio gifted them the victory
Pig sick ,%^*& the co-effitent,
Sorry but auld fationed

I watched the whole of the first game Lazio were so much in control & it was almost unbelievable they lost that game.???
Seen the first half of the second game in a pub & it looked like the Manky mob were the better team
However I had the highlight,s of all the games recorded & it looked to me that they rode their luck again
Big Lurch kept them in it & only silly mistakes from Lazio gifted them the victory
Pig sick ,%^*& the co-effitent,
Sorry but auld fationed

Pig sick? Have a fucking word with yourself ya clown.

With this new euro tournament coming up,both teams getting the co efficient up can only be a good thing,cause the rest here aren't going to help.
Either that or we could end up in top games against inter faroes or something like that for our euro nights.

No real need to compare - both great results. For what it’s worth I think our Away draw at Porto was better than their win at home vs lazio and their away win was better than our home win. Getting results away in Europe is no easy business
Keystone cops defending helped them greatly, 2 big mistakes gifted them 2 goals. Still, to beat an Italian team that is miles better than Paolo Rossi's Juve, Maradonna's Napoli and Maldini's Milan deserves great credit.

Too many English fans look down their noses at everybody to be fair and we are the belittled near neighbours that make them feel good about themselves . Only when they are humbled do they grudgingly accept that they are not masters of all that they survey and even then, humility is often in short supply. The way that Croatia were dismissed so readily at the WC semi proved that it didn't take a lot for the mask of respecting opponents to slip.

We will always be footballing diddies in their eyes.
They did exactly the same thing against South Africa in the Rugby WC, beat NZ so the final was a mere formality uh ah.
Look at the money being pumped into the English leagues compared to our game, look at the difference in population but unfortunately the arseholes who are allowed to run our game have nothing to do with either of these two examples.

They did exactly the same thing against South Africa in the Rugby WC, beat NZ so the final was a mere formality uh ah.
Look at the money being pumped into the English leagues compared to our game, look at the difference in population but unfortunately the arseholes who are allowed to run our game have nothing to do with either of these two examples.
Us and them are Scottish football, there is no one else who is going to improve the co- efficiency. It’s just a pity Scottish football didn’t realise that with they were baying for our blood all those years ago.

The only way their result is better than ours is if they are a much worse team. If they're happy to accept that as the reason then fine.

As someone else said

Lyon 0-3 Rangers

The best away result for a Scottish club in European history and always will be. Case closed.

I take great comfort in that their celebrations and night in general would have been completely ruined 2 hours after their full time whistle. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

They as Greta Thunberg stated shouldn't be up here, they should be playing in the Champions league but no TLB is now a tactical mastermind completely airbrushing the pumping at home from Cluj.

Did anyone watch the lazio game. They are pish. They bet a big name which is good for the Scottish game but the didn't beat a good side.
The mentally challengeds had 5 shots on target in almost 190 minutes in the two games against Lazio and scored 4 of them. Big Lurch played great in both games and Lazio hit the post at least 3 times in addition to having more than enough chances to wrap up both games. Either popcorn teeth is up there with Pep or the 4 leaf clovers, leprechauns n hail marys all worked overtime. I know what I believe. Their arrogance/delusions of grandeur will prove vital to us this season.

they were gifted two goals by a poor side.
Great dummy by the full back for the first.
For the second, poor pass to the septic man, keeper committing himself way too early, defenders not exactly busting a gut to get back to cover.

they were gifted two goals by a poor side.
Great dummy by the full back for the first.
For the second, poor pass to the septic man, keeper committing himself way too early, defenders not exactly busting a gut to get back to cover.

Back