Their desperation to state their result was better than ours

TN8

4 points against Porto is slightly better than 6 against Lazio. Arguably we should have beaten Porto away as well.
Both fantastic results for the coefficient, looking forward to smashing Celtic in the 1/4 final.....
See, it happens the other way round as well, we'd be pishing ourselves at tarriers for mental gymnastics like that :oops:

It's the nature of rivalry I suppose, can't stand being "outdone" by each other, and it definitely works both ways.

I'm secure enough that I can acknowledge they got the "headline" result last night, I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

btl456

Its great to know we still get under their skin, always have and always will. The best is still to come in may and they fuc*ing know it.

Coda

The Tims got a good result, but anyone who watched it knows they got very lucky with two horrendous mistakes from Lazio. The idea that it was a tactical masterclass from Lennon is absolute horseshit.

In spite of what McCoist was desperate to proclaim last night, we thoroughly deserved our result last night.

Warren Hill

Both great results and to be fair an away result in Europe is always to be commended.
However i did see a good bit of their game and if ever there was robbery then it was last night. They seemed to be getting pummeled and Lazio's finishing was very poor and gave me the impression the league in Italy is more important to them. The tims rode their luck big style and i knew the line coming from them is we can now win this.
Red necks and blow torches comes to mind. Rennes are fighting relegation and everyone would welcome Cluj in their group.
FFS keep it real guys.
If anything from what i saw of Lazio and them it gives me more confidence for the League Cup Final.

Dallas Cowboy

1 absolute rocket in work this morning claimed that they had 'qualified with 2 games to spare from the group of death'

When I pointed out that the average ranking in our group was better than theirs (72 v 82) and that the ranking of only the opponent's was significantly tougher (56 v 93) than what they'd faced.

He then spent ten minutes trying to explain how the teams they faced were better than their ranking whilst the teams in our group were worse than theirs.

They can't see what they don't want to see.

They won't see it until we start taking silverware from them.

norm1890

I'm not bothered, they were stick on to qualify regardless.

Just up to us to make sure we get through - I am confident.

bigduds58

Lazio looked a good side too me at parkhead and beat Milan at the San siro at the weekend let’s not kid ourselves , to be honest though I couldn’t care less about their result, it amazes me that people make threads talking about them.

They didn't turn up last night,the first 15 mins they were good then literally died a death,celtc pressed them high and got thier rewards hugely helped by Lazios defence who were as slow as Davy weir playing now,it was a good result for them but after watching the two games Porto looked a better team,some on here need to take stock celtc are not as bad as some believe and thier energy levels were very good last night but ours is too.

usbear

I think each win in their own right deserves a lot of credit

They are now through which give them the ability to rest players, which gives them the ability to focus on the league

Although I’m now confident we’ll go through it may have a bearing on how we play at the weekends

One thing is for sure.....there is no gap between the sides anymore none whatsoever and this league will come down to bottle and desire

stonewall Jackson

The big bucket mouthed female Celtic fan in my work was pretty complimentary on our win last night, as she bellowed down the office, which surprised me. I just smiled as I don't like conversing with her about football at all.
If they hadn't won as well I doubt you would have got the same comments.

Chester Perry

I never saw their game and have no intentions of watching it, but what I do know is by the end of this week it'll be the best European result by a Scottish Team since 1967 and a trophy should be awarded for it.

The Scottish press are like jellyfish converging on anything bheast, either for covering up or fawning.

Nothing on the IRAokee on the plans and streets of Rome ?

NeilFifeLoyal

Lazio looked a good side too me at parkhead and beat Milan at the San siro at the weekend let’s not kid ourselves , to be honest though I couldn’t care less about their result, it amazes me that people make threads talking about them.

I’m just going on last nights game and they where rotten.

Barryhopez

If they hadn't won as well I doubt you would have got the same comments.
I'm under no illusion that I would have. I'e posted on here before that when we beat them in the league she never uttered a word to me, then next time she was wanting to chat so I asked/told "Why are you talking to me about football now, when after we beat you, then you had nothing to say?"

I don;t really enter into conversations about football with any Celtic fans in general unless they are objective.

CaptainCourageous

Two big and excellent results for both us and the bheggars last night.

I never saw the bheggars but they went to Rome and won 2-1 against a Lazio side who have had some good results in the league recently. Had that been us, we would be delighted.

Maybe they aren't as bad as FF make them out to be. Lennon is a more effective manager than Rodgers.

Our result and 4/6 points against last season's Champions League quarter finalists shows we are no mugs either. We've just owned Porto over two legs.

crookie_bear

I've always considered myself an honest man and I will always give credit when credits due. Rangers and Celtic did Scotland proud last night. That said, Lazio were absolute shite :)) :))

EH47

I suppose it was a moral victory, and no small relief, that only two of them got stabbed up the ronson.

IndianaRanger

Nature of the rivalry to compare at every turn I guess. Both results were very good to be honest. Let’s focus on ourselves

Harrogate Bluenose

Not only the fans of their club but their mhedia hordes too. For example, you must have had a rddy writing such bullshit Graeme Young of the daily record. He starts his love in with the headline that Neil Lennon is the Ultimate Euro Achiever.

FFS here is a reminder from all of a few months back

HandsomeHead

3-0 v Lyon not count in the champions league naw? Ha
They had beaten AC Milan at Park Paed the night before we beat Lyon, IIRC, and it was the same then.

Beating Lazio home and away, even if they did need two 95th minute goals to do so, is certainly worth crowing about - I know we would be - but I really couldn't have cared less that they did before the game last night and I certainly don't now.

The same is not true of them however. As much as they will have delighted at beating a top side on their own turf and qualifying for the knockout stages, you know that that joy will have been irrevocably tainted by our own success last night such is their all consuming obsession with us.

It's really no way to be living your life.

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Are they the only club in the world who sing about winning a european cup over 50 years ago at every single match ?

Thats how bad their inferiority complex is, they need an event from 50 years ago to make them feel good.

pelem

Listen everyone, the progres first two games were a nightmare for us in terms of where we still were at that stage of getting back on our feet but last night shows The Gaffer, his backroom staff and the players are taking us back to the summit of top football.

Still more to be done, we are getting there.

WalterLoyal

Apparently Porto are shite. If Rangers beat a team in Europe it's always because the other team are shite. Oh another cracker I heard today was Lazio (reserves), Cluj and Rennes are all better than the three teams in our group. They simply cannot accept that we may actually be a decent side.

Edweird

Are they the only club in the world who sing about winning a european cup over 50 years ago at every single match ?

Thats how bad their inferiority complex is, they need an event from 50 years ago to make them feel good.
The only team I know that does this.
Villa won it once. It's never mentioned. Forest did it twice and mostly the wonders of Brian Clough are mentioned. They don't switch their phones on every game at the 67th minute. Or that one game where they got it "wrong" at 66.
Even the dreaded Sheep, the only Scottish team to win two Euro trophies are suitably docile regards that period of history.
It is nice of the Tims to remind us every day of every week the names of the people involved in the biggest cover up in British Football.

PalefaceRedskin

Having a good chuckle at the desperate measures being employed to weight their result v Lazio better than ours v Porto .

We live rent free in their heads ,they can’t even enjoy last night without that mental rubber stamp of approval from anyone that their result was better and more meaningful than ours .

Some of the stuff is a proper laugh like the best ever away performance in Europe by a Scottish team LOL

I’m absolutely delighted with our result and how we are playing .
I’m glad I don’t read the papers up here or have to listen to any enablers and concealers.

Lazio are the 8th best team in Italy and I think only qualified for Europe because Milan pulled out. They finished nearer relegation than the champions. We‘ve just beaten a team that got to the last eight of the Champions league.