Their Financial Results

If we can win this title and qualify for the champions league they are in a whole world of trouble with a huge pool of players on big money.

I can't wait to watch the meltdown.
Pack - a - cards - like - fold - of - Please re-arrange as required.

They are a financial basket case. They have gambled everything for their tainted ten. I can’t see any significant value on their remaining player pool that will offset any more loses. They NEED to win the league and they NEED to make the champions league. If they don’t then they are in the shite big time. We have to keep the pressure on them and open up a significant gap by the time we play them again.

The levelling of the playing field continues. Their fans are in for a very rude awakening.
And I know which club’s youth system I would rather have and it isn’t theirs. I know we have still to actually start getting some of the youngsters through ours and into the first team but it does feel as though we are not far away from that.

They are wanting our accounts shown now lol they are proper at it on twitter. Not that they have a clue were ireland is let alone about accounts

Just as a wee extra financial note:

Not only did they miss out on champions league money, but you at least get 500k from each europa league win.

They've zero from their opening game, and could be the same on Thursday. There's also no crowd ticket money. They're not likely to make much at all from Europe this year.

This is Soro, another midfielder brought in out of nowhere to rot in the bench, they bought him and Klimala for over 5 million !

0-19812086.jpg
That's just Kolo Toure with a mop on his head

L.O.L

cash rich fc will be dragging the good old biscuit tin out, jemmying the lid open with the crowbar and finding that dermots done a bunk with the contents, after all, he is required to be paid handsomely every year, and with £100k profits, before tax of course, he won’t be making very much out of that :)) :)) :))

Wonder what phil makes of it all at his second favourite club? Guess what, he’s said %^*& all about it so far...

his impeccably placed source must be on furlough? Cunt

The profit before tax of £0.1m is a misnomer.

INCLUDED within that number is the gain on sale of players of £24.2m.

So without player sales, they ran a £24m LOSS.

No champs league money this year again, they need to shift some players.

Ok, but presumably the registration purchases circa £20m are also included in the numbers?

Another concern will be that players with transfer value may run down their contracts.

Haven't heard anymore about the infamous 34m. Low low interest Coop bank
Loan.
I'm presuming it's still live.

This makes great reading, they basically had to sell Tierney to balance the books. They have spent 20 million this season and not made any big sale, so net ~40 million down next season.

They need champions league so much next season, if out of touch by xmas could be a fire sale

The transfers are amortised over the players contracts, so I think you’re slightly OTT AL.

My thoughts, using last year & this year as the base, is circa 25m loss including COVID impact unless They sell big at Xmas.

Exactly how I was reading it and if they get a few Bobo’s who want to hang around and wait for their contracts to run down then they might be shopping in a different market.

A lot of people reading that through blue tinted spectacles. It’s nowhere near as bad as people are claiming on here.

They made a profit. Purchases since then will be offset largely with ST sales and other commercial income.

It does, however, show that they need to make £15-£20m in player sales to break even.

They will also lose several million from not selling Europa league tickets and through price money, let’s face it they are not getting out that group.
We will more than offset than from the Castore deal and other improved sponsorship

Winning the league this season will see a complete turnaround in both teams finances. We have a lot more young quality players that we are developing into high value players

Included in their loss will be the dividend payable to their preferrence shareholders who get paid even if they lose money.
They have many wealthy fans who will bail them out if required.

If I’m reading that right they had £18m spent £20m and lose about £20m without covid The £13m overdraft doesn’t cover that. It’s a January fire sale ahead

And I know which club’s youth system I would rather have and it isn’t theirs. I know we have still to actually start getting some of the youngsters through ours and into the first team but it does feel as though we are not far away from that.

Yes Ald.

We now seem better in our youth system, and if you look at the valuations of both squads there’s an argument that ours is worth more, we’re the circumstances arise that we need to sell.

Anyone got the photo of Lawwell sitting in the stand with his facemask on holding his head in despair?

Seems to have been completely wiped from Google.

The accounts show why there was such a panic to have the title awarded last season, and the Scottish Cup played late:

They need to build as much a ‘legacy‘ as possible from their period of success before they inevitably need to downsize considerably.

Post-Covid we’ll see much more financial parity; although we will probably continue to run with a slightly smaller revenue base (due mainly to their 10,000 extra capacity).

The level of European participation and player trading are going to be the main difference makers.

Very difficult to read too much into these accounts based on the information to hand but a couple of observations.

The cash burn is horrific and will be getting worse, general operating costs will be lower as the stadium is not open however I assume player wages are eye watering

They will be into the overdraft by year end, an extended run in the UEL is needed

They need to sell to make profit when there is no CL football, the take away is that they have taken a huge risk this year to get the 10 and of course to try and reach the CL

Their business model now looks very much like the David Murray one

They sell nowhere near as many season tickets as they claim, 10% of the revenue decrease could be due to no match day walk-ups taking up tickets and spending money in the stadium

Somebody will need to take a haircut on expenses, if this is stadium maintenance, staff numbers or even training facilities the barber will be sharpening the scissors

In respect to season ticket sales these are for the season already played, I would assume this seasons numbers will be down, this will be reflected next FYE

They don’t need to discuss any issues relating to the potential boys club liabilities as this is speculative, it could be covered under a note to reader but they are under no legal requirement to disclose at this time unless there is a live claim against them

Included in their loss will be the dividend payable to their preferrence shareholders who get paid even if they lose money.
They have many wealthy fans who will bail them out if required.
Indeed. Just like our own Club in recent years, if they need guys to invest they will get them. Nice to see a little turmoil though.:)

So that’s why they were desperate to get that tainted title.

Whats stopping them doing a share issue to raise funds like we do?
Genuine question, im no financial expert.

Regardless, I cant get too exited by financial performance to be honest. We've been loosing money but doing well on the park.

I will of course use this as a stick to prod them with without making a hypocrite of myself having laughed at their obsession with our financial performance

If I’m reading that right they had £18m spent £20m and lose about £20m without covid The £13m overdraft doesn’t cover that. It’s a January fire sale ahead
It's not quite as simple as that.

Yes, £18m was their cash in the bank figure at the end of June.

If you look at their accounts they have total trade receivables (mostly transfer fees owed to them by other clubs) of £48m.

They have trade payables (money owed to other clubs and other creditors) of £21m. So if you add in the summer spending of, say, £20m, total owed is probably around £40m. So in terms of cash going in and out on transfers, they will likely be about even.

They still have a large wage bill though and the cash in the bank figure plus financing facility are going to be squeezed out by the end of the season.

Whats stopping them doing a share issue to raise funds like we do?
Genuine question, im no financial expert.
Our supporters are hard working businessmen and protestants who have worked hard and saved and invested prudently.

They’re supporters are a collection of pikey bastards who would use a share issue as an opportunity to rob each other blind, .......

in my expert opinion :))

It's not quite as simple as that.

Yes, £18m was their cash in the bank figure at the end of June.

If you look at their accounts they have total trade receivables (mostly transfer fees owed to them by other clubs) of £48m.

They have trade payables (money owed to other clubs and other creditors) of £21m. So if you add in the summer spending of, say, £20m, total owed is probably around £40m. So in terms of cash going in and out on transfers, they will likely be about even.

They still have a large wage bill though and the cash in the bank figure plus financing facility are going to be squeezed out by the end of the season.
They're owed 48 million quid from old player sales?

Could the decrease is season ticket income be attributed to refunds they had to give for last season? Supposedly a shit load of them took money back & the Celtic board weren’t happy with it.

I read that as they are blaming Covid for last years issues.

what about this year when the real impact of Covid hits!

They weren’t on their knees begging to get the manky hordes in for nothing

Has anyone actually seen the accounts or do we have six pages of insightful comments based upon headline figures in a press release!

Anyway just to keep the fun going they appear to be playing the COVID card on figures that were nine months free of the Pandemic. With figures to the end of June the impact of COVID will have a greater impact on the figures to June 2021 I would have thought.

The transfers are amortised over the players contracts, so I think you’re slightly OTT AL.

My thoughts, using last year & this year as the base, is circa 25m loss including COVID impact unless They sell big at Xmas.
If they hadn't sold Tierney it would have been a £25m loss last season Grigo.

The impact of Covid on both domestic and European attendances/income will further reduce their income and increase their losses this year. Plus, they got through the EL Group stage last season, chances are they won't this season, further reducing their income by a few £million. Unless they sell big, I would estimate their losses this year will be nearer £35-£40m.

You might well be right, but for the first time ever, I hope you are wrong ..... and the more you are wrong by the better. :))

Back