Their Financial Results

The rhotten mhobs financial insecurity will be further heightened by impending litigation over their child abuse deception.
The mentally challengeds won't be overly pleased, be interesting to see how the manipulate the figures.

It's true as a general rule. Transfer fees are normally structured in installments. Most teams do not pay the entire transfer fee up front.

The Tierney money was paid to them in a lump sum.

Even then, the point you're making simply means theres a rolling figure. While the players they brought in this summer's fees wont be paid in full, they'll have installment payments on players from 2 and 3 years back in those figures.

Its just a conveyor belt of cash going out.

The thing is with their recent signings and their model as a whole over the years they have got lucky with Wanyamma and Dembele when they have moved on, they are scrambling to find the next batch by signing duds

You're right. I've always felt the big figures brought in simply covered up a lot of the money they spent on 4 or 5 £2m type players.

If you went through their incoming signings when we weren't in the league and weren't really paying attention to them, I reckon it'd surprise a few people at just how much they've wasted.

Last edited:
You're right. I've always felt the big figured brought in simply covered up a lot of the money they spend on 4 or 5 £2m type players.

If you went through their incoming signings when we weren't in the league and weren't really paying attention to them, I reckon it'd surprise a few people at just how much they've wasted.
Their most sellable assets i.e Ajer Édouard and Christie will all have 18 months left on their deals they will either have to sell them cheaper than they would like or offer them a massive pay rise to extend their deals further adding to that wage bill and then there is the case of who do they replace the players with and will it be another Lennon dud

This season is absolutely massive for us. Winning the league could give us direct entry to the group stages and the guaranteed revenue that brings. They would struggle to qualify and Theres a decent change they’d also struggle to make the Europa if the draw goes against them. All of a sudden there’s a total reversal in income.
A lot of If’s, but’s and maybes there but just imagine the delicious meltdown. It could go on for years

we can laugh at these figures but imo No club including ourselves will show any kind of profit. this virus is gony bite
Why is covid such a big deal for their results? These are accounts for last year, ending in a period where the doors would have been closed anyway due to end of season break. That hasn’t sent them into the red, season tickets already sold and no policing fees, which the match day revenue out with season tickets would just about cover, had the doors been open. They had no European games planned after the lockdown so no losses there. We haven’t run a profit for a number of years because it suited us not to. They’re circling the plug hole on and off the park. This year will be their annus horribilis in our annus mirabilis.

This season is absolutely massive for us. Winning the league could give us direct entry to the group stages and the guaranteed revenue that brings. They would struggle to qualify and Theres a decent change they’d also struggle to make the Europa if the draw goes against them. All of a sudden there’s a total reversal in income.
A lot of If’s, but’s and maybes there but just imagine the delicious meltdown. It could go on for years
This is incorrect. The direct group stage entry is for the season after next.

The winner of this season will enter at the 3rd qualifier round.

IF they lose the league and subsequently miss out on the Champions League for a fourth season, they will be forced to sell their main players and cut their wage bill. Lennon’s replacement would also have to work from a much tighter budget than the last couple of years. Also, their ST sales would plummet (remember the crowds in the Delia days?) plus merchandise would likely also take a hit.

Whereas IF we win the title, we have a crack at the Champions League, our players values increase, ST’s will sell out as always, and demand for merchandise will be insane (added to the fact it’ll be the kit for our 150th year).

Winning this title would be enormous.
Top 2 go into the champions league qualifiers next season.

Yes I know that, however winning the league gives access into round 3 and the “champions route”. This is the route Lennon can’t get them through but I’d be more than confident with our record under Gerrard that we’d beat clubs of the calibre of AEK Athens, Cluj or Ferencvaros. It’ll be extremely difficult for whoever finishes second to get in.

Don't think anyone is thinking about them going bust, but them cutting costs and selling players is a huge boost to us.

Yeah absolutely mate. I thought I saw a few comments on it so wanted to mention it!

Would be a big help to us, especially in Jan but the winter windows are quiet, so maybe end of season!

I’m the same mate and you’re right. The only thing that stood out to me is how much cash they’ve used in the year, and without a significant retained earning at end of year it will continue to drop

Aye, used a big chunk of it definitely and that won't last forever.

Glad I'm not talking total bollocks then :))

I thought it was this season’s top two go into the qualifiers.

Next season the winner could go straight into Group Stage and 2nd placed goes into qualifiers provided the coefficient goes up a certain amount?

F**k. Thanks for ruining my morning
On the plus side we would have a reasonable chance of navigating 2 qualifiers in the champions path (playing league winners from lesser countries and avoiding the clubs from the bigger leagues).

And with another decent European run this season, we'd have a pretty decent coefficient score for those qualifiers.

Not sure Rodgers was on 70k a week mate, every article says around 45k-50k. Lennon is also on huge money, on £2.4m a year according to the Daily Mail and the Express.
Was sure I read that when he left he was on over 70 grand. The rhecord mentions £65k a week in the article below, but then I've seen others that claim it was in the region of 45 to 50 when he joined just like you say.

When he joined the muck he did forego his £100k per week gardening leave pay from Liverpool and the mentally challengeds will have given him a solid bung as a signing on fee to partially compensate for that. Not sure if he signed improved terms after they had that initial season where they were admittedly very strong.

Top wedge either way to be fair, fuckin idiots.

What can FF Acoountants and Fiananciers read into these figures announced today and what it means for them if this season goes tits up for them?

26 Oct, 2020 16:37
Announcement of Results for the year ended 30 June 2020

- Group revenue decreased by 15.8% to £70.2m (2019: £83.4m)

- Operating expenses including labour decreased by 7.3% to £80.5m (2019: £86.9m)

- Gain on sale of player registrations of £24.2m (2019: £17.7m)

- Acquisition of player registrations of £20.7m (2019: £6.2m)

- Profit before taxation of £0.1m (2019: £11.3m)

- Year-end cash net of bank borrowings of £18.2m (2019: £28.6m)

Unsurprisingly, Covid-19 has had a material detrimental effect on the financial results and the year ended 30 June 2020 saw revenue fall to £70.2m (2019: £83.4m) and profit before tax fall to £0.1m (2019: £11.3m). As discussed in more detail in the Strategic Report, this was largely attributable to the value destructive impact of the pandemic across many aspects of our business. Nevertheless, these results are satisfactory in the circumstances at hand. Our year end cash net of bank borrowings was £18.2m (2019: £28.6m). Post year end we also took the opportunity to increase our existing revolving credit facility from £2m to £13m to provide a further buffer should it ever be required.

The governmental restrictions imposed to protect public health continue to have a negative financial impact on the football industry. Our hard work and measured approach to investment in recent years has provided a degree of protection, but given the inherent uncertainty of the current environment, we must proceed and invest with a degree of caution. Nevertheless, we remain confident in the fundamentals of our football model and since the Balance Sheet date we have strengthened our player squad. Following the year end, we invested in the registrations of Vasilis Barkas, Albian Ajeti, David Turnbull and brought in loan signings Shane Duffy and Diego Laxalt. We also extended the loan of Mohamed Elyounoussi. Moreover, we have retained all of our key players from last season.
Not one to gloat in other teams finances until we see our own laid bare.

The bottom line here - the pressure on them to win this league is insane. I honestly don’t think Lennon will be able to cope.

Without getting over confident, they have 3 huge problems, namely Barkas, Duffy and Edouard - basically the spine of their team. The first two are shit, the last has chucked it. This is without mentioning the likes of Ntcham and Julienne who obviously couldn’t give a shit. Guys like McGregor and Thumb will still deliver sporadically, as Sunday proved, but no team can thrive with a leaky defence.

Much as they’d love to void the league, there’s still 7 months of football left - it’s not going to happen - precedent has been set and we’re not going to cancel football anytime soon and twiddle our thumbs till next August. Games in hand biting them in the arse this season.

In summation - all good.

Would love it, absolutely love it keegan style if those slimy sleekit scumbags ended up in admin.
I would hound each and every one of the pricks that has given me grief for the best part of a decade
I don’t think that’s going to happen. The most we can look for at the moment I’d that their comparative muscle is weakened. Over a few tainted seasons they have had almost unopposed opportunity to qualify for Champions League millions. Recently they have been unable to take advantage of this and it is really starting to show on their balance sheet. On the other hand, we have been gradually been heading in the right direction financially, if not yet ‘in profit’. COVID has hit every club hard and we can only hope that our position is not weakened too much

After this season the downsizing will ramp up over there. They have let this 1 last season run at a massive loss to save their false 10*. Regardless of what happens this season there'll be a clear out.
I agree.
In any event I believe TLB would have gone as the high value players would be sold to finance and reset who ever comes in.
Their model over the last 3-4 seasons is high risk and too dependant on CL money. In the cold light of day they know we are back.

This is incorrect. The direct group stage entry is for the season after next.

The winner of this season will enter at the 3rd qualifier round.
Maybe. It is dependent on how Scotland fares this season. We are nip n tuck with Turkey and Ukraine for 11th spot which should provide a group stage, 10th spot guarantees it but will be a tall order to go ahead of Austria for that berth.

Which is right the figure at the v to matched what's been circled is deferred income ie transfer fees hospitality packages uefa money etc
Transfer fees and UEFA money is trade receivables mate which are assets

deferred income is when you take money from
a customer for something in the future.
It’s a liability on the balance sheet as you’re liable for that money until you’ve provided the goods/services

Maybe. It is dependent on how Scotland fares this season. We are nip n tuck with Turkey and Ukraine for 11th spot which should provide a group stage, 10th spot guarantees it but will be a tall order to go ahead of Austria for that berth.
Yeah I should have put the word potential in. I was responding to the guy who was talking about potential direct entry to the group stages.

Not sure Rodgers was on 70k a week mate, every article says around 45k-50k. Lennon is also on huge money, on £2.4m a year according to the Daily Mail and the Express.
Over on Kerryfail they seem to believe he earned £4m per year. His basic was a good bit lower but bonuses took it up to that level. I'd honestly be surprised if Lennon is on anything near £2.4m. His last job was Hibs where he wouldn't have been on all that much and he was out of work. It wouldn't have taken much to get him back there.

The bottom line here - the pressure on them to win this league is insane. I honestly don’t think Lennon will be able to cope.

Without getting over confident, they have 3 huge problems, namely Barkas, Duffy and Edouard - basically the spine of their team. The first two are shit, the last has chucked it. This is without mentioning the likes of Ntcham and Julienne who obviously couldn’t give a shit. Guys like McGregor and Thumb will still deliver sporadically, as Sunday proved, but no team can thrive with a leaky defence.

Much as they’d love to void the league, there’s still 7 months of football left - it’s not going to happen - precedent has been set and we’re not going to cancel football anytime soon and twiddle our thumbs till next August. Games in hand biting them in the arse this season.

In summation - all good.
Going by their accounts they can't afford for this season to be voided.

Over on Kerryfail they seem to believe he earned £4m per year. His basic was a good bit lower but bonuses took it up to that level. I'd honestly be surprised if Lennon is on anything near £2.4m. His last job was Hibs where he wouldn't have been on all that much and he was out of work. It wouldn't have taken much to get him back there.
It's all pretty opaque with Rodgers and what he was getting bunged - I reckon you are right that he would have had significant bonuses that bumped him up in earnings, as I can't imagine he would have chucked his £100k pw gardening leave pay from Liverpool to go to the mentally challengeds for half of that.

When he left Liverpool he was widely considered to be a prat, but at no point did anyone doubt that he was a good coach / manager. I think people confuse his David Brentisms and general idiocy with his overall competence as a manager - if he had sat tight and not joined the mentally challengeds he would have picked up another job in England before too long, and the wedge would have been top.

Reckon his earnings were astronomical at Celtic, would be interesting to see the actual numbers.

It's all pretty opaque with Rodgers and what he was getting bunged - I reckon you are right that he would have had significant bonuses that bumped him up in earnings, as I can't imagine he would have chucked his £100k pw gardening leave pay from Liverpool to go to the mentally challengeds for half of that.

When he left Liverpool he was widely considered to be a prat, but at no point did anyone doubt that he was a good coach / manager. I think people confuse his David Brentisms and general idiocy with his overall competence as a manager - if he had sat tight and not joined the mentally challengeds he would have picked up another job in England before too long, and the wedge would have been top.

Reckon his earnings were astronomical at Celtic, would be interesting to see the actual numbers.
His coaching team probably cost a few quid as well. I'd imagine that the downgrade to employing Gordon Stachan's son :D has also saved them a few quid.

I'm sure Dodgy Dermuid paid Robbie Keane and others off the books when they were in serious panic mode before. He'll do similar again in January.

A serious narrowing in the financial muscle of both clubs now.

Turnover 2018
Rangers - £33m
Them- £101m

Turnover 2019
Rangers - £53m
Them - £83m

With them declaring a £70m turnover for 2020, and with us collecting more EL points than previous year, qualifying bonus for navigating group stage, along with 2 full houses in last 32 & 16, I don’t think it’s inconceivable our Turnover for 2020 could be up to £60m.

Looking ahead, we also have the £3m Castore royalty to come and more potential kit deal commission, MyGers money of £1m plus also

An incredible narrowing of financial gap in 2-years

Last edited:

Turnover 2018
Rangers - £33m
Them- £101m

Turnover 2019
Rangers - £53m
Them - £83m

With them declaring a £70m turnover for 2020, and with us collecting more EL points than previous year, qualifying bonus for navigating group stage, along with 2 full houses in last 32 & 16, I don’t think it’s inconceivable our Turnover for 2020 could be up to £60m.

Looking ahead, we also have the £3m Castore royalty to come and more potential kit deal commission.

All the while demented mentally challengeds laughed at us for being skint and in danger of admin 2 looming.

Hope they continue to take their eye of the fake 9.75*

Turnover 2018
Rangers - £33m
Them- £101m

Turnover 2019
Rangers - £53m
Them - £83m

Looking ahead, we also have the £3m Castore royalty to come and more potential kit deal commission.

Add in all the additional sponsorship and official partners we seem to be getting and we are getting closer to where we want to be.

Turnover 2018
Rangers - £33m
Them- £101m

Turnover 2019
Rangers - £53m
Them - £83m

Looking ahead, we also have the £3m Castore royalty to come and more potential kit deal commission, MyGers money of £1m plus also

Our net transfer dealings are likely to be fairly spectacular in the next few years if our recruitment team keep picking up potential future big 5 league players for peanuts.

Back