Their game tonight

The second leg should be funny.

Brenda blobfish face says they’re still in with a chance LOL

Didn't even know they where playing.Glad they got pumped tho.Unlike the bheasts I don't give 2 fucks what they do.

The 29th December showed us the blue print to play them

I'm their faces from the start and their back line will make mistakes
At Parkhead it won’t happen or work though. If you look at the home and away tables you’ll see that teams have figured them out on their own ground but at Parkhead they’ve only conceded 4 all season in the league never mind lost a game.

Here’s the thing though, there is no financial gap between Celtic and Valencia, Celtic actually have a larger turnover.

I don’t think Valencia have a massive upcoming black hole due to compensation for years of systematic child about cover ups through...

At Parkhead it won’t happen or work though. If you look at the home and away tables you’ll see that teams have figured them out on their own ground but at Parkhead they’ve only conceded 4 all season in the league never mind lost a game.

Who has used this tactic against them at home (their midden)? No-one domestically.

Almost every European team who has tried this has put them to the sword though.

This just shows how hopeless Rodgers is as a tactician.

You can't play against a team that is technically better than you with the same approach that you use against teams that are a lot weaker (i.e. SPL teams).

In addition, a high pressing approach is asking for trouble against a team that has real pace and can pass the ball behind the defence.

Stevie G. take note. Rodgers only has one tactical approach.
Agree with this horses for courses he should of asked Walter how it’s done! WATP

An organised press on them and they sh*t the bed, it's been seen and proven on a few occasions domestically against the likes of Hibs, Hearts and ourselves more recently.

If you LET them play from the park they will hurt you, it's easy to sit in and try and contain them but it takes bravery to press high but it is usually rewarded.

Most teams in this league attack them,apart from ourselves,Killie and Hearts,the rest sit off them. When they come up against sides that are pacey,they struggle,still think we are in with a chance. Killie have to take something from them to stay in touch,even a draw and we win against St.Johnstone,if we can negotiate these games Alfredo and Greegs are out for,then we'll be in it to win it,but it's still one game at a time for me.

Scottish media (Ewan Murray specifically) already hitting out about the gap in finances between the clubs.

He’s conveniently forgetting that Celtic had a higher turnover than Valencia last year.

They really can't handle being pressed.

We saw it at Ibrox at New Years. We've seen it at Tynecastle when Hearts have turned them over a few times. We see it every time they play in Europe.

They insist on trying to play out from the back but the players they have are simply not capable of it.

Broon, Boyata, Izaguirre, Lustig, etc.

If you press these guys they will give you the ball back time and time again in dangerous areas where you can quickly get at them.

Rodgers is much like Warburton in that respect, he won't change.

The problem is they get away with it in the SPFL because most of the teams they play don't employ a high press, they play with a low block, they stand off, they sit deep and they try to contain. That's not - and it's never been - the way to play Rodgers' scum side.

You press them high up the pitch and you get after them aggressively.

It was men against b(h)oys last night with Kondogbia in the centre of the park bitch slapping every scum player that went near him.

They have been there for the taking all season, we have just dropped too many points where we really shouldnt be.

Lets hope Killie can get something off them on Sunday, they then go to Tynecastle 10 days later.

But we must win our games! Expect 9 points before going to Easter Road

An organised press on them and they sh*t the bed, it's been seen and proven on a few occasions domestically against the likes of Hibs, Hearts and ourselves more recently.

If you LET them play from the park they will hurt you, it's easy to sit in and try and contain them but it takes bravery to press high but it is usually rewarded.

Having seen how much they struggle with a high pressing game, it absolutely baffles me that Tommy Wright and a few others still approach games against the mentally challengeds with a “sit-in and soak it up” mentality with the hope they will escape with a 0-0 or somehow nick a goal.

I realise that you need players with ability to implement a proper high pressing game but you would think the likes of St Johnstone would realise what works and what doesn’t after having their arses handed to them 3 times in two weeks.

Kilmarnock will do the same on Sunday and the filth will win as a result. Our best hope of them dropping points will be when they go to Hearts as Levein isn’t scared to have a go at them.

Having seen how much they struggle with a high pressing game, it absolutely baffles me that Tommy Wright and a few others still approach games against the mentally challengeds with a “sit-in and soak it up” mentality with the hope they will escape with a 0-0 or somehow nick a goal.

I realise that you need players with ability to implement a proper high pressing game but you would think the likes of St Johnstone would realise what works and what doesn’t after having their arses handed to them 3 times in two weeks.

Kilmarnock will do the same on Sunday and the filth will win as a result. Our best hope of them dropping points will be when they go to Hearts as Levein isn’t scared to have a go at them.

To an extent I can understand St Johnstone doing it as they're basically shit. Hard working, well organised but essentially fecking garbage. Kilmarnock too as they've shown they can sit in against the scum and get a result playing that way.

It's Derek McInnes who needs his baws kicked for me. He has a team the match (if not better) of Hearts and Hibs and yet whilst the Edinburgh clubs have a go against the scum and get rewarded with some decent results against them old shitebag McInnes shits himself every time and plays too cautiously against them almost always resulting in a defeat (unless the scum decide to throw the game to help them finish above us).

Sadly so too have we in recent years - though I hope the last game will see a sea change in our approach as our players must surely now realise they're not unbeatable and they can be got at.

Who has used this tactic against them at home (their midden)? No-one domestically.

Almost every European team who has tried this has put them to the sword though.
I think you need that added quality that we lack to do it there though.

It’s the other teams that need to look at them and believe that they can take something off them. There’s no belief. Seltik are shite.
starting this weekend with kilmarnock, but i suspect kilmarnock will have their eyes on a bigger game in midweek. just the normal for all other teams.

What i noticed in the Salzburg and Valencia game is the way these teams tackle, they dont go steaming in like big idiots, they wait and just nick the ball of you, its an art i admire.

I think you need that added quality that we lack to do it there though.

I somewhat agree, i can kind of understand why the "lesser" teams don't do the pressing game against them at the midden as they just don't have the players good enough to do it.

I genuinely believe that we do have that quality, we showed that at new year. I think Gerrard realised that he made a mistake by not pressing them in the first OF game of the season.

I somewhat agree, i can kind of understand why the "lesser" teams don't do the pressing game against them at the midden as they just don't have the players good enough to do it.

I genuinely believe that we do have that quality, we showed that at new year. I think Gerrard realised that he made a mistake by not pressing them in the first OF game of the season.
I think the problem is that at home they will try and press us and pen us in like we did them. If we try and do the same it could be interesting but I’m not convinced it would be as effective without the home advantage.

I don't get this. They were playing a team streets ahead of them. That is why they look so bad. Not many teams in our league can compete with them. We are kidding ourselves if we think they are so bad. Wishful thinking maybe?
This. If there that bad god help us as we’re 6 behind

The thing that struck me was how surprised the folk on Radio Scotland sounded at how easily Valencia brushed Celtic aside.

They kept banging on about how this was a shock due to Celtic's brilliant form since the return from the winter break.

Lets break down that form shall we.

Before last night they had played 7 and won 7 since the break beating;

Airdrie
St Mirren
Hamilton
Hibs
St Johnstone x3

Thats as easy a run of games they could have asked for considering the standing or form of those teams.

It's as if they honestly expected the poets to run over Valencia.

Madness.

I can never bear to watch them. Life is too short but it’s always good to hear they have been treated the way they should be.

They must be very grateful Valencia left half a team at home.

I don't usually watch them but I saw that they were getting gubbed and switched over to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed watching them chasing shadows .
The only downside was the gangrene brigade giving it their full Iranaway repetoire including swearing references to her majesty the Queen, but no doubt the mhedia will be tearing them to shreds for their tasteless antics :))
Another highlight was watching the totally impartial Sutton ,Hartson and McDonald almost in tears at the end

I don't usually watch them but I saw that they were getting gubbed and switched over to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed watching them chasing shadows .
The only downside was the gangrene brigade giving it their full Iranaway repetoire including swearing references to her majesty the Queen, but no doubt the mhedia will be tearing them to shreds for their tasteless antics :))
Another highlight was watching the totally impartial Sutton ,Hartson and McDonald almost in tears at the end

I can see that approach would he fun too.

Serious point on their paramilitary wing is report the sectarian and offensive chanting to the police, Fare. And UEFA. They won’t do anything but the more logs of their behaviour there is, the more difficult it becomes for them to focus on us as Fare have done this season.

Great analysis of Brown's performance in the Guardian:

"Scott Brown, who endured his latest torrid night against serious opposition, conceded possession and the ball was swiftly shifted towards Cheryshev on the left flank."
Fucking hell, that journo won’t be getting an invite back to Parkhead

Why are folk claiming Killie will 'lie down' on Sunday ffs?

Finishing 3rd in the league is far more lucrative than the Scottish cup for them.

Wee bit off topic but I only heard the score this morning on breakfast telly. Wee gadge that does the sport started laughing as he reported the dhims result. His co-presenter was making him laugh somehow but I pictured a mass of their heads exploding at the very thought of him laughing at a sporting tragedy like them getting pumped.

Made me chuckle.

A coordinated high press does work against them. Their players aren't good enough to play out from the back constantly. It's easier said than done on that big pitch at Parkhead though, especially for most SPFL Teams.

Killie have only lost a couple of times to them in nearly two years under Clarke so he's not going to change his approach now.

I think the problem is that at home they will try and press us and pen us in like we did them. If we try and do the same it could be interesting but I’m not convinced it would be as effective without the home advantage.
It's a football field same size ,two goals.At the end of the day it's solely down to players.If players are affected negatively by fans singing and chanting from stands they shouldn't be playing professional football

Kilmarnock are NOT going to lie down. The fact Kilmarnock have done this well this season, they are fighting for at least 3rd and if they beat Celtic, they reduce the gap by 3 points and they know consistency could see them close it further. They would want to try and keep up with us even for pride sake.

Yes, I know they're never really going to catch Celtic in hindsight, but I don't believe they'll just lie down, they'll want to finish this season on the highest they can get.

It's a football field same size ,two goals.At the end of the day it's solely down to players.If players are affected negatively by fans singing and chanting from stands they shouldn't be playing professional football

So how come just about every team in the world wins more home than away games?

Why are folk claiming Killie will 'lie down' on Sunday ffs?

Finishing 3rd in the league is far more lucrative than the Scottish cup for them.

Some people on here are just very strange.

Killie wont lie down nor have they before, they beat them 2-1 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.

I think the mentally challengeds will win on Sunday unfortunately, they have done well since the break.

Its up to us to do our job tomorrow.

I wouldn’t really say Valencia pressed them that highly

Medicant in my work was at the game last night and said valencia never pressed, they sat off and then sprung on the yahoos with pace when they invariably gave the ball away.

Stats say the opposite.

Cant post pictures can someone post a picture of there display last night and tell me wtf it is meant to mean???

The thing that struck me was how surprised the folk on Radio Scotland sounded at how easily Valencia brushed Celtic aside.

They kept banging on about how this was a shock due to Celtic's brilliant form since the return from the winter break.

Lets break down that form shall we.

Before last night they had played 7 and won 7 since the break beating;

Airdrie
St Mirren
Hamilton
Hibs
St Johnstone x3

Thats as easy a run of games they could have asked for considering the standing or form of those teams.

It's as if they honestly expected the poets to run over Valencia.

Madness.
6 of them at home to boot!

A coordinated high press does work against them. Their players aren't good enough to play out from the back constantly. It's easier said than done on that big pitch at Parkhead though, especially for most SPFL Teams.

Killie have only lost a couple of times to them in nearly two years under Clarke so he's not going to change his approach now.
Ibrox and porkhead are same size I believe.

Cant post pictures can someone post a picture of there display last night and tell me wtf it is meant to mean???
Something to do with the Valencia badge,I think..?
k9ewra.jpg

What i noticed in the Salzburg and Valencia game is the way these teams tackle, they dont go steaming in like big idiots, they wait and just nick the ball of you, its an art i admire.
Yip

We had a guy un here last week that Alves didnt commit big slide tackles

Back